Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that may be a little too much. I don't think IP owners want cross interactions of their IPs outside parades and shows. But over encompassing area where they are both present may be okay. Kinda like Kidzone in USJ where they have Hello Kitty, Seasame Street, and Peanuts all in one land but each have their own special areas within the land.

But thats the creative thinking I'm hoping UC is taking.
Oh, that's basically what I meant. I just meant it'd be a creative way to tie two IPs together in a slightly more cohesive way than "Here's a Pokemon land a few feet away from a Fantastic Beasts land, and they have no relation." That's what I'm hoping the new park would do overall.

Oh, that's basically what I meant. I just meant it'd be a creative way to tie two IPs together in a slightly more cohesive way than "Here's a Pokemon land a few feet away from a Fantastic Beasts land, and they have no relation." That's what I'm hoping the new park would do overall.

Ahhh so like Beastly Kingdom, home of Pokemon, Berk, Trolls, and Fantastic Beasts....lol and also a slight dig at Disney.

Fantastic Beasts probably requires a new contract and/or extension to the WWoHP contract. I'm sure that would be an easy addition when the contract is extended past 2029, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Under the original terms of the WWoHP contract, only the books and movies based directly on the 7 books were included as licensed property.

It's not of any real significance given that the WWoHP contract has to be renegotiated to be extended past the 2029 expiration regardless, and I'd expect both to occur simultaneously.

Fantastic Beasts probably requires a new contract and/or extension to the WWoHP contract. I'm sure that would be an easy addition when the contract is extended past 2029, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Under the original terms of the WWoHP contract, only the books and movies based directly on the 7 books were included as licensed property.

It's not of any real significance given that the WWoHP contract has to be renegotiated to be extended past the 2029 expiration regardless, and I'd expect both to occur simultaneously.

Nope that was already cleared when Comcast picked up the Harry Potter Cable rights from ABC family.

I would think the contract would've been reworked once NBCU and Warner agreed to have the Potter series (including the FB films) premiere and be on NBCU channels, no?

Nope that was already cleared when Comcast picked up the Harry Potter Cable rights from ABC family.
I would think the contract would've been reworked once NBCU and Warner agreed to have the Potter series (including the FB films) premiere and be on NBCU channels, no?
Most news articles on the NBCU-Warner deal for the Fantastic Beasts TV/digital rights include this line: "It also lets NBC’s theme parks host fan events, movie screenings, and promotional activities tied to both franchises."

NBCU Inks Deal With Warner Bros For J.K. Rowling’s ‘Wizarding World’ | Deadline
NBC buys rights to ‘Harry Potter,’ ‘Fantastic Beasts’ franchises - The Boston Globe

I'd assume that's not an actual expansion of the licensed property to include Fantastic Beasts on the level of the IP lands/rides.

I would hope Universal negotiates for those rights before then. People already want Fantastic Beasts merchandise and don't see the difference.

Megalands with minilands inside?
Overarching Fantasyland with Shrek, SGE, LOTR, Berk, Zelda minilands.
East Asia with Pokemon, Kung Fu Panda, etc.
Space with Star Trek, Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallatica, Metroid.
Etc Etc

I think thats actually the biggest weakness so far is the lack of smooth transitions of properties within Universal and IOA a full land where all IPs are based may work better
That sounds like a jumbled mess tbh and not much better than just IP lands.

That sounds like a jumbled mess tbh and not much better than just IP lands.

Fantasyland in Disneyworld is Little Mermaid, Snow White, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast yet no one says that is a jumbled mess.
Its more so the thematic architecture of the areas that work well and provide adequate flow within an area. Looking at all of those IPs listed for fantasy, they focus on wooded, Euro centric architecture and landscaping which make them visually fit together and transition to other areas through that same means.

IP lands are great but at the same time, you only have so many attractions that can be packed into one area due to the fact rides have to be canon to the IP which creates issues. Megaland with multiple IPs allow for way more IPs, attractions, and diversification to increase guest satisfaction etc. As many investors say, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Fantasyland in Disneyworld is Little Mermaid, Snow White, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast yet no one says that is a jumbled mess.
Its more so the thematic architecture of the areas that work well and provide adequate flow within an area. Looking at all of those IPs listed for fantasy, they focus on wooded, Euro centric architecture and landscaping which make them visually fit together and transition to other areas through that same means.

IP lands are great but at the same time, you only have so many attractions that can be packed into one area due to the fact rides have to be canon to the IP which creates issues. Megaland with multiple IPs allow for way more IPs, attractions, and diversification to increase guest satisfaction etc. As many investors say, don't put all your eggs in one basket.
For some reason I didn’t notice you separated East Asia and Space and was like “what?”

I would hope Universal negotiates for those rights before then. People already want Fantastic Beasts merchandise and don't see the difference.
And now that Albus Dumbledore has shown up, it is becoming one story.

My question in regards to the third gate is what are they going to build. The park, without a doubt, will have a "Wizarding World" land. What will it be? As of yet, I believe Godric's Hallow is likely.

So, to place this here.

@Disneyhead has indicated that Jurassic World will be heading to Gate 3, and it sounds like the attraction will be shared with Beijing's JW area.

So, to add that in what's rumored,

• Nintendo (Zelda or Pokemon)
  • Lord of The Rings
  • Jurassic World
And that's not even taking into the probability of DreamWorks having some form of presence, along with other elements probably in place.

So, to place this here.

@Disneyhead has indicated that Jurassic World will be heading to Gate 3, and it sounds like the attraction will be shared with Beijing's JW area.

So, to add that in what's rumored,

• Nintendo (Zelda or Pokemon)
  • Lord of The Rings
  • Jurassic World
And that's not even taking into the probability of DreamWorks having some form of presence, along with other elements probably in place.
Yeah, it makes sense in the near/mid-term to keep Jurassic in 2 Orlando parks anyhow; it's the most important Universal IP other than F&F, so you'd want it in the 3rd dry park as well as IoA.

As far as the Pokemon/Zelda thing goes, it really depends on what they want to do with the park, if they want a DisneySea style park with an immersiveness across lands, then Zelda makes a lot more sense next to LOTR, you could easily walk from an LOTR land to a Zelda land and not realize you've changed regions. If they want the biggest bang of an IP, then they'd want to build a full Pokemon area like a mini-world from the games. It really depends on what the goal is from the next park and how it relates to IoA getting the other one (Pokemon or Zelda).

Planet of the Apes would be a good attraction for Universal's 4th park (0r 3rd theme park) should the Comcast/Fox go through instead. Dreamworks Animation could also have a major presence as well and I hope Shrek 4d (which everyone is tired off) is closed sooner rather than later. No more of the 3d/screen simulator stuff, make room for the actual practical sets and effects.

Based off all these rumors, I'd say a likely lineup for Park 3 right now is:
- Middle-Earth
- Super Nintendo World: Kingdom of Zelda
- Jurassic World
- DreamWorks Land
- Sci-Fi City
One one hand, this is a collection of IPs that could make for some amazing lands. On another hand, I have no ideal how they'll cohesively tie everything together with that range of IPs.

Based off all these rumors, I'd say a likely lineup for Park 3 right now is:
- Middle-Earth
- Super Nintendo World: Kingdom of Zelda
- Jurassic World
- DreamWorks Land
- Sci-Fi City
One one hand, this is a collection of IPs that could make for some amazing lands. On another hand, I have no ideal how they'll cohesively tie everything together with that range of IPs.
No Pokemon?

Pokemon would probably appear in IoA if Zelda ends up in the 3rd dry park (and vice-versa). Hard to see them both appearing together given that each should be able to anchor a potential Super Nintendo World.
Okay cool, that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.