Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at the plans for California Screamin', I wonder if they are considering a redo/refurb of RNRC to Incredibles?
I could see them using some of the same elements, but having more room for theming since the ride is totally indoors.
Waddaya think?:saywhat:

Reactions: Ashhanbre
You guys are right. For some reason I was thinking it was an Arrow. My bad.

But 18 years old is approaching the point that something will have to be done with it.

Eh, Arrow was acquired by S&S and is still kicking in some form.

Depends if Disney will continue down the “reuse ride system” phase or the “rip tear kill” phase.

There was some rumor that they wanted to retheme RnRC to Monsters Inc or turn it into the door coaster a while back. I could see the Incredibles retheme more likely as turning it into a family coaster would be lame.

There was some rumor that they wanted to retheme RnRC to Monsters Inc or turn it into the door coaster a while back. I could see the Incredibles retheme more likely as turning it into a family coaster would be lame.
That was false.

I think the question is when does the contract with Aerosmith end? A pure guess would be at 20 years, right? I could easily see them retheming the ride then. The only thing that could stop them is if they decide that crowding due to Star Wars will be too much to close a popular coaster.

I've long hoped for them to demo the Animation building and connect everything... this could be a starting point if they were to go in the direction of Incredibles or something. They could retheme the arch going from Sunset into RNRC to some sort of Animation themed thing so Sunset would end at the end there and you would be entering an entire new land back there. I've laid out detailed plan for what i'd like to see in the past (in this very thread actually). None of it is possible as long as that Animation building continues to stand, though.

I was about to suggest a GotG overlay when they drop Aerosmith... and then I remembered.

Incredibles would hurt because there’s so much potential for a ride there, and to waste it on another launched coaster overlay is just sad.

Ignore the labeling on the picture as that's for the skyliner... the recently paved area seen here is for where they open up the new DHS main entrance. Once that entrance opens, it will be the only way in/out for guests.

This current entrance/exit below will be changed to bus only, which is what the new lanes are for.

Reactions: randompixel
I’m thinking we’ll get the Incredibles coaster only if it’s a hit in DCA.

Otherwise, I’m thinking we’ll get some kind of classic or animated Disney makeover to better fit with the new Mickey ride. Ducktales or Phineas and Ferb perhaps?

A temporary auto plaza will be opening January 18th at the entrance off of Buena Vista Drive. The photo from Bioreconstruct that I posted above shows the location i'm referring to. Blog Mickey gave another visual drawing of what this will look like:

hollywood-studios-parking-lot-entrance-07202017-1-edited.jpg

Eventually, this will be a Bus-only entrance when the new overpass entrance into the park from World Drive opens.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
Background music has changed throughout DHS as a whole:

More info:
  • At the Main Entrance you can hear Big Band arrangements of Disney tunes.
  • Along Hollywood Boulevard there are Big Band instrumental arrangements of popular songs from the 30’s and 40’s.
  • Sunset Boulevard features vocal tracks from similar Big Band hits played on Hollywood Boulevard.
  • At Echo Lake you will continue to hear Big Band sounds, pushing towards the 50’s and 60’s with bright, brassy horns and lush string arrangements.
  • Grand Avenue plays music inspired by present-day Downtown Los Angeles, the music on the street includes retro-contemporary west coast funk sound defined by a strong bassline, electric guitars, horns and synthesizers.
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster courtyard plays live versions of classic rock songs, including Aerosmith.

Background music has changed throughout DHS as a whole:

More info:
  • At the Main Entrance you can hear Big Band arrangements of Disney tunes.
  • Along Hollywood Boulevard there are Big Band instrumental arrangements of popular songs from the 30’s and 40’s.
  • Sunset Boulevard features vocal tracks from similar Big Band hits played on Hollywood Boulevard.
  • At Echo Lake you will continue to hear Big Band sounds, pushing towards the 50’s and 60’s with bright, brassy horns and lush string arrangements.
  • Grand Avenue plays music inspired by present-day Downtown Los Angeles, the music on the street includes retro-contemporary west coast funk sound defined by a strong bassline, electric guitars, horns and synthesizers.
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster courtyard plays live versions of classic rock songs, including Aerosmith.

I remember going with a friend to an employee preview and the first track that came up was "E.T", followed by "Back To The Future". I turned to my friend and said "we are in the right theme park, right?" LOL

The new music loops seem tasteful and fully in step with the park settings around them.

I do dread, however, a similar revamp of Epcot's various background loops.