Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

From what I recall, the original concept art showed the attraction having a lift hill, and that the tunnel launch stayed the same.

The original coaster also included what seemed to be of a helluvalot more scenery, along with a section that resembled more of a western series of buildings at the east-side entrance of TSL.

It also seemed from I think WDWNT, that they indicated the Saucer attraction would've been of the theme that's in Shanghai, of Woody's Round-up. I could be wrong about that though.

Oh no, I meant the Monsters Inc coaster

It does seem like most coasters in Disney and Universal seem to be launched coasters now.

Probably because a launch eliminates the need to try and hide a lift hill. RRR and Hulk are some of the few exceptions. Even Expedition Everest camouflages the lift as much as possible. Plus, launches enable usage of scenes and launching out of a "dangerous situation". Those are the only reasons that I can think of.

I thought that even in the cost reduced version there was supposed to be a few blocks and stuff after the second launch. But it looks like there are zero theming elements on the 2nd half of this coaster.

I thought that even in the cost reduced version there was supposed to be a few blocks and stuff after the second launch. But it looks like there are zero theming elements on the 2nd half of this coaster.
This was the version Disney marketing posted back in April 2016. Looks like there's supposed to be another block tower on that end of the coaster unless it was cut.
TSL-Overview.jpg

Scaffolding for theming on the backside of Midway Mania building. Eventually the building will have the same look as the giant fence that blocks the CM garage:

It's testing and it's going almost slower than I thought (footage at 0:26):

Coming down that hill and turning the corner is going to be so anti-climactic. I'll be interested to see how fast we reach the top of that hill though as we'll get there from the second launch.

Last edited:

Coming down that hill and turning the corner is going to be so anti-climactic. I'll be interested to see how fast we reach the top of that hill though as we'll get there from the second launch.

I’m amazed it’s taken so long. When was the first pull through? 4 months ago?

It’s hard to tell what a coaster will feel like from off ride videos but I agree, it looks a lot slower than expected.

Don’t judge speed from it, it’s cold out and still testing.

Heh, Andy' just a little kid, not an engineer. What did you people expect he'd be able to build?;)....Seriously though, Toy Story is an IP and land for "little" kids, not teenagers. I wouldn't expect any real speed or thrills.

Heh, Andy' just a little kid, not an engineer. What did you people expect he'd be able to build?;)....Seriously though, Toy Story is an IP and land for "little" kids, not teenagers. I wouldn't expect any real speed or thrills.

I donno, when I was a kid I created some real crazy things in Roller Coaster Tycoon. Nothing that would be appropriate for a Disney park or any park for that matter.