Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
TWO MONTHS OF SOFT OPENINGS!??!!? Yeah.... I doubt that.
1-2 ;)

Fantasyland Expansion had 2 months worth so not unprecedented and Avatar likely would’ve had longer if it was ready. I’m not just spouting stuff off, this has been confirmed confirmed by most WDW sources.

The fact of the matter is the project is almost done and they need more capacity for the park.

How have Disney cut back on theming, out of interest? I can't see where they've cut back, although admittedly I haven't followed this as closely as other 2018 projects closer to me, like Wicker Man and Icon.
Mainly the Woody's Round-Up area near the land's entrance is what I'm sad got cut.

tsl_gone_als-toy-barn.jpg

tsl_gone_woodyswesterntown.jpg

I go into what was removed in detail in this article from a year ago: Everything (We Think) We Know About Toy Story Land – Orlando ParkStop

How have Disney cut back on theming, out of interest? I can't see where they've cut back, although admittedly I haven't followed this as closely as other 2018 projects closer to me, like Wicker Man and Icon.
The entry to the land was going to be the Woody's Round-up which @AliciaStella posted about above and they also took away the trenches/rockwork on the coaster (as seen between the differences in concept art that @scott_walker posted).

I'm not sad at all about losing the rockwork because Disney spends way too much money on it and rockwork on a coaster like this is like lipstick on a pig. The Woody's Round-up area hurts a little more as it would've added a lot of atmosphere to the area.

Oh, and according to the official model in Walt Disney Presents, the Jenga tower on the backhalf of the ride has been cut.

Even for a family coaster this looks slow AF.
Junior coaster is really what we should be calling this thing. Not only is it the official category of coaster for it, but it avoids confusion. Big Thunder is a family coaster. Space mountain is a family coaster. I'd call Everest a family coaster too, despite being more thrilling than the prior two mention.

Slinky is nowhere near those in either thrill or theme, therefore the need for it's own category.

Reactions: jtsalien
Why are there so many disappointed people with this expansion? What were we 'Supposed' to get vs what we are getting?

The dog Coaster
Alien Kiddie ride

vs

What? What were we supposed to get? I'm confused.

Why are there so many disappointed people with this expansion? What were we 'Supposed' to get vs what we are getting?

The dog Coaster
Alien Kiddie ride

vs

What? What were we supposed to get? I'm confused.

I am too. Only issue I have is there needs to be one or two more flat rides.

Cars Land would've been nice.

I’d love a Model 3 and my student loans paid off, too.