Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No argument there. Still unsure why Florida doesn't have one either!

Because it's super expensive, and considering it hasn't be cloned anywhere I'm willing to bet it hasn't generated revenue to make up for how expensive it is.

I'm just amazed that Disney somehow made a cheap land look even cheaper. It does not inspire confidence in the "big" projects coming

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Why are there so many disappointed people with this expansion? What were we 'Supposed' to get vs what we are getting?

The dog Coaster
Alien Kiddie ride

vs

What? What were we supposed to get? I'm confused.
Monsteropolis with the The Monsters, INC. Door Coaster with actual show scenes, a Harryhausen's Sushi restaurant, and relocated Laff Floor.

Cheeseburger-Happy-Meal.jpg
At least that comes with fries :lol:

Because it's super expensive, and considering it hasn't be cloned anywhere I'm willing to bet it hasn't generated revenue to make up for how expensive it is.

I'm just amazed that Disney somehow made a cheap land look even cheaper. It does not inspire confidence in the "big" projects coming
Was Cars Land more Expensive than Pandora?

I've never been (Never ever will go to California) so I hope CarsLand is great, but I got a chance to do Pandora except the main ride. I love the land but the boat ride is too short. Pandora seems to sell merch like crazy though .

I've never been (Never ever will go to California) so I hope CarsLand is great, but I got a chance to do Pandora except the main ride. I love the land but the boat ride is too short. Pandora seems to sell merch like crazy though .

I think they were close to the same. I'd call them about the same quality wise, as well. Lots of pretty rockwork, main rides that are 1/2 great and 1/2 meh, and as overall lands they just feel kind of empty.

Cars Land was cheaper. $1 Bil included the park's entire makeover, Pandora cost almost $1 bil itself.
However, Cars Land feels a lot more "alive" than Pandora with all the character interactions and different places to shop/eat.

I think they were close to the same. I'd call them about the same quality wise, as well. Lots of pretty rockwork, main rides that are 1/2 great and 1/2 meh, and as overall lands they just feel kind of empty.

Cars Land was cheaper. $1 Bil included the park's entire makeover, Pandora cost almost $1 bil itself.
However, Cars Land feels a lot more "alive" than Pandora with all the character interactions and different places to shop/eat.

I generally am open minded with land expansions here in Orlando. I'll try and do the same for Toy Story Land, as this one is a bit more relatable because Toy Story has always had my favorite Pixar characters.

All I'm truly hoping for is more 'Energy' in this expansion.

That's what Fantasyland was for me. I didn't care for the rides, but now with a little one and even when I was there for 'Work' it felt alive. Pandora certainly feels odd for $1billion but not my money haha.

Reactions: Coasted
Not to get too far off topic, but despite how much has been spent on Pandora, an expansion is in the works. Expansion meant to fix current land capacity issues.

Table Service and third ride currently planned.

I generally am open minded with land expansions here in Orlando. I'll try and do the same for Toy Story Land, as this one is a bit more relatable because Toy Story has always had my favorite Pixar characters.

All I'm truly hoping for is more 'Energy' in this expansion.

That's what Fantasyland was for me. I didn't care for the rides, but now with a little one and even when I was there for 'Work' it felt alive. Pandora certainly feels odd for $1billion but not my money haha.

Definitely. I hope TSL receives character interactions with obviously meet n greets but hopefully walking toy soldiers as well.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Not to get too far off topic, but despite how much has been spent on Pandora, an expansion is in the works. Expansion meant to fix current land capacity issues.

Table Service and third ride currently planned.

I'm not hating on Pandora, I just don't think it achieves the amount of kinetic energy that Cars Land has. It is more immersive however since at Cars Land you can see ToT. A small new expansion should help.

Back to TSL, I think people are underestimating the immersion level of this land as those fences and thick foliage should help hide SWL and any backstage buildings.