Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

I ended up staying behind near the lockers where Dragon Challenge used to be. I stood up on the raised platform there and watched it. I'm sure I missed some stuff but I could see most of it, I wasn't crammed in with nowhere to go in a large crowd, and could leave right away after it ended.

If I were smart I should have stayed on the bridge between JP and LC that they had open because that seemed like a great view though I'm sure they didn't want people standing around there.
It’s not, and they actually tried to encourage people to use that bridge for viewing.

Got to see the castle show on Friday after a long, rather cold day in IOA. With the weather the way it was, I think that actually helped with regards to the show since I think many people made for the exits as the sun set. We ended up waiting 180 minutes for Kong because we had already done everything else in the park and it was only 5pm. Again, the water rides were all walk-ons and the lack of other attractions was clearly evident. In any case, we were able to use the bypass bridge to get to Hogsmeads entrance, and they put up barriers with TM controls to keep people moving in/out of the land. Once past the Olivander's choke point, we had an awesome spot right by the stage and had a clear and relatively non-crowded view of the show. It was very well done, IMHO.

Went on Thursday to check out all the Christmas decorations and show. The show was nice but the land isn't made for this. Many of the garlands were not lit. People were literally jumping over chains near the owl post so they wouldn't have to walk towards the entrance of the land near Hogshead. We were there for about 4 hours being able to only ride Fallon and E.T. Nothing was below a 45 minute wait, not even ET.

Went to the Magic Kingdom the night before, Wednesday, to check out their Christmas offerings and what a difference. Was able to ride thunder mountain, pooh, little mermaid, hall of presidents, splash mountain, pirates and watched happily ever after in a little over 4 hours.

Went on Thursday to check out all the Christmas decorations and show. The show was nice but the land isn't made for this. Many of the garlands were not lit. People were literally jumping over chains near the owl post so they wouldn't have to walk towards the entrance of the land near Hogshead. We were there for about 4 hours being able to only ride Fallon and E.T. Nothing was below a 45 minute wait, not even ET.

Went to the Magic Kingdom the night before, Wednesday, to check out their Christmas offerings and what a difference. Was able to ride thunder mountain, pooh, little mermaid, hall of presidents, splash mountain, pirates and watched happily ever after in a little over 4 hours.

Are you attempting to draw comparisons between the parks through crowd control and lines?

How many rides did you FP?

IOA has late hours, for the first time, nearly every day in the spring, even low & moderate crowd days. . I'm guessing the new projection show isn't far away.

Could we get a double whammy with this opening alongside F&F?

If all they have to do is change the show, Idk that they wouldn't debut this at Celebration.

Edit: or the day after to get those people to stay an extra day or two.

IOA has late hours, for the first time, nearly every day in the spring, even low & moderate crowd days. . I'm guessing the new projection show isn't far away.

Woah. Just saw that. 10pm closures throughout all of May? Could that be right?

Can it be? Universal actually starting to have closing times on par with literally every other world class theme park? It's a miracle!

It's definitely unprecedented for them. The Studios mix of park hours that month don't point to a nighttime initiative. There's still 6pm and 7pm closings in the mix.

It's definitely unprecedented for them. The Studios mix of park hours that month don't point to a nighttime initiative. There's still 6pm and 7pm closings in the mix.
Yes, and even when the Studios' park had night time hours during non peak periods, they only stayed open until 9:00 PM. With IOA most nights are 10:00 PM for March/April/May, even non peak weeks.