Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

Perhaps they are waiting on the sequel to see how people respond

Considering they were so stead fast on Pets originally before even the original film came out, I doubt that they'd be waiting for the sequel.

Low-key, not going to be shocked if they decided to make different calls for Orlando and Hollywood instead of SLoP at this point.

So, Villian-Con as the entrance, which took place in Orlando in the Minions movie so it makes sense here I guess. Inside the area is a play area with a few flat rides. Pretty much our version of Super Silly Fun Land over at Hollywood but with a different theme.

Probably quick to build... And they’ll still have something for little ones at the park with the removal of KidZone.

Still no clue on the validity of this rumor. Just passing it along.

So, Villian-Con as the entrance, which took place in Orlando in the Minions movie so it makes sense here I guess. Inside the area is a play area with a few flat rides. Pretty much our version of Super Silly Fun Land over at Hollywood but with a different theme.

Probably quick to build... And they’ll still have something for little ones at the park with the removal of KidZone.

So pretty much Snoopy Studios from Osaka, but DM Themed?

Last edited:
Replacing Shrek though? How many flatrides could they fit in that space?
Universal Osaka has 2 indoor play areas, one themed to Sesame Street, and another themed to Peanuts.

Unlike the Sesame Street area however, which is .76 acres, Peanuts is about .12 more than that, due to that they actually have a full on roller skater in there.

If they play it smart, as Disneyhead said; they could do 6. But a part of me would wonder if they would try to do a Fallon and extend the building out to enlarge that a bit more, and to add more attractions for kids.

I mean I get it with Kid Zone closing and then needing this, but woof, this is a huge downgrade to SLOP if true.

I mean I get it with Kid Zone closing and then needing this, but woof, this is a huge downgrade to SLOP if true.

I would be upset about it, if they don't do much to the building.

If it is going to be minion themed, the least they could do is to at-least have new facades, similar to the likes of Minion Way in Osaka.

Here's Super Silly Fun Land at Hollywood for an example of what could be included. It's not indoors:

They have a water play area, dry play area, a flat ride, meet and greets, store, and carnival games. Instead of the store and meet and greet they could jam in a second kiddie ride since we already have the meet and greet and store across the street. Who knows.

Here's Super Silly Fun Land at Hollywood for an example of what could be included. It's not indoors:

They have a water play area, dry play area, a flat ride, meet and greets, store, and carnival games. Instead of the store and meet and greet they could jam in a second kiddie ride since we already have the meet and greet and store across the street. Who knows.

While I don't think this is a terrible idea from a balance perspective, as USF could use more family rides, I do not like the idea of this being the first thing you see upon entering the park. Do they really want the park's Main Street/Port of Entry equivalent to be Despicable Me Land, a series that's soon going to reach its last legs??

Tracked down the rumor's source, at least publicly, as far as I can tell. It was mentioned on the latest episode of Universal After Dark podcast by Christopher Ripley.

Discussion starts at 42:30:

His other rumors are hit and miss from the episode, so take with giant grains of salt of course. (Although I wouldn't mind a VR experience at CityWalk, which he talks about after the Shrek replacement talk, but sounds like he doesn't know where it would go, unless Element won't be doughnuts.)

Okay, I've spent a bit too much energy on this rumor for now. If anyone hears about it going forward, be sure to ask their source. Anything other than this podcast episode and we may actually have something. Otherwise, I'm still leaning towards SLoP personally. But I like to keep my ear out for all possibilities!

Tracked down the rumor's source, at least publicly, as far as I can tell. It was mentioned on the latest episode of Universal After Dark podcast by Christopher Ripley.

Discussion starts at 42:30:

His other rumors are hit and miss from the episode, so take with giant grains of salt of course. (Although I wouldn't mind a VR experience at CityWalk, which he talks about after the Shrek replacement talk, but sounds like he doesn't know where it would go, unless Element won't be doughnuts.)

So he isn't the only one who's heard of a VR Experience at Citywalk..

Oh geeez Alicia... ya think maybe he read it on screamscape?

:saywhat:

:cautious: Can't tell if you're being facetious or not, (but given the monorail "news" story I'm guessing you're kidding.)

Honestly I couldn't find anything on their site if I tried.

I just know that's where some of the folks I heard it from, heard it from themselves. I have no idea where he heard it from.

I just think that some of these people are waking up in the morning, going into the bathroom and listening to rumors from the person behind the sink.
Does this mean that you're still hearing that Shrek's replacement is SLOP?

FYI, just did some checking, and trade-marks of Villain Con exist, but for right now, I only see it with merchandise..

EDIT: I take that back, there is a trademark for theme park use by Universal with Villain-Con.

I think it's more wait for SLoP until proven otherwise, than work actively happening on a SLoP ride. Something is gonna happen in 2019 because that' how Comcst rolls. So I imagine soon after FF things will heat up here or T2.