Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle (IOA)

Not sure how much confidence we put in the travel agents on the universal orlando site, but I happened to ask about the nighttime lights show during my HHN visit (Sept. 23-30) and she told me that "The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle will be going each night throughout the year".
I can hear it with Tom Bodett

Is it for sure that this nighttime show is happening. I just saw it and I cringed. The concept of a sorting hat showcasing all 4 houses is very unimaginative and Not very creative Imo. The Christmas show had so many new things that fans hadn’t seen and debuted so much talent on U.C’s part.

Is it just me or was there no visible projection in the last 25 seconds and also no pyro? If that's the finale as it should be, it's so lackluster.

Other than the ending that seemed to linger too long and was a little confusing, I thought it was pretty good overall. But the projection thing has been done to death now (especially at Disney) and its not something that blows us away anymore because its not new. If this had been like 3 years ago my jaw would have dropped to the floor.

Last edited:
Other than the ending that seemed to linger too long and was a little confusing, I thought it was pretty good overall. But the projection thing has been done to death now (especially at Disney) and its not something that blows us away anymore because its not new. If this had been like 3 years ago my jaw would have dropped to the floor.
You are so right, I have the same with dark rides and coasters (and don't get me started with rockwork or "theming" in general). Come on theme parks present me with something new I'm bored... ;)

You are so right, I have the same with dark rides and coasters (and don't get me started with rockwork or "theming" in general). Come on theme parks present me with something new I'm bored... ;)
Human sacrifices to the VB volcano for a special night time show could be new and exciting. At least as long as we weren't the ones being sacrificed. ;):lol: ....Seriously, projection shows at Universal are fine with me since they're fairly new for Universal (outside of HHN street scenes). WDW(especially DHS) has had so many that they are losing their luster over there.

Saw it today for the first time (didn’t see holiday show and hadn’t watched video of USH). It was something. Definitely helps keep crowds in IOA at night, which is good for those of us that want to see longer park hours.

That said, it was a very underwhelming show. The main issue here is that it is performed often and only 5 mins like the Tree of Life Show, but it’s advertised like a main attraction. The show needs to be grander imo.