Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of them. Literally all of them. We do this dance with every new ride. :lol:

Compare this to Diagon or Nintendo. Nintendo has had plenty of leaks, Diagon seemed like the worst kept secret before it started going vertical.

Nobody seems to have any solid info on the type of coaster or what the plot or theme is here and it’s expecting to open in 18months with construction well under way?

Reactions: Andysol
Compare this to Diagon or Nintendo. Nintendo has had plenty of leaks, Diagon seemed like the worst kept secret before it started going vertical..

I'd argue we "know" exactly the same amount of stuff on Nintendo as we do this, which is similar to Diagon at this point in time. We know the broad strokes of Nintendo...but we know the real broad strokes of this as well. We've just seen Nintendo art, which allows us to place things in the water plans. We've seen water plans for the coaster, we just haven't seen art to put 2 and 2 together

Last edited:
Reactions: jtsalien
I'd argue we "know" exactly the same amount of stuff on Nintendo as we do this, which is similar to Diagon at this point in time. We know the broad strokes of Nintendo...but we know the real broad strokes of this as well. We've just seen Nintendo art, which allows us to place things in the water plans. We've seen water plans for the coaster, we just haven't seen art to put 2 and 2 together

I don’t think it’s comparable. All we know is that it’s a coaster themed to Harry Potter and a rough opening date. They say family ride but that could be anything and we don’t have a setting.

Nintendo leaks have been a lot more specific. Types of rides, the themes, possible layouts, location, artwork.

I don’t think it’s comparable. All we know is that it’s a coaster themed to Harry Potter and a rough opening date. They say family ride but that could be anything and we don’t have a setting.

Nintendo leaks have been a lot more specific. Types of rides, the themes, possible layouts, location, artwork.

Again, I'd argue we still know a lot of these things for the Potter ride too.

Type of ride - coaster
Theme - Potter (no more/less detailed than "Mario Kart" or "Donkey Kong")
Possible layouts - we don't have this for Nintendo rides
Location - Dragon Challenge Plot
Artwork - Not a leak, at least not a leak in the final form. The final, actual artwork we have for Nintendo that represents the project as it will be built comes straight from Universal

We know far more about Nintendo than this ride and it’s not even close. Insiders have knowledge of the Nintendo rides it seems while this seems to have no leaks of any kind. Which might be a good or bad thing.

We know far more about Nintendo than this ride and it’s not even close. Insiders have knowledge of the Nintendo rides it seems while this seems to have no leaks of any kind. Which might be a good or bad thing.

Yea, I don't agree. We've been talking a while now how the ride will be mostly outdoors, more of a coaster than a dark ride, etc.

I don't get where the cries of not knowing anything about this ride are coming from.

Yea, I don't agree. We've been talking a while now how the ride will be mostly outdoors, more of a coaster than a dark ride, etc.

I don't get where the cries of not knowing anything about this ride are coming from.

We’ve been discussing the idea but does anybody know for sure? Nobody seems confident here.

I don’t think we’ll ever agree on this comparison.

The lack of any real knowledge is another sign that we’re far from an announcement.

On the flip side, the lack of knowledge could mean that Universal have an ace up their sleeve and could be delivering something way beyond our expectations.

No clue on type of coaster or ride vehicle which is pretty important. Still unsure of screen use and if it will have actual show scenes.

Here's the thing, we don't know any of that about Nintendo either. We know what they're thinking as of right now. Or what a version of the plan was at one point. But until we get actual concrete info or ride the ride, we won't know.

Remember, Kong was gonna have "tons" on animatronics. Until it didn't.

Gringotts was gonna have a big dragon AA. Until it didn't.

Gringotts was gonna be Spider-Man on a roller coaster track for a vehicle. Until it wasn't.

We're not completely in the dark about this ride. We know a good bit. Universal never announces concrete details about ANYTHING before < 1 year out. I don't understand why there's so much whinging about it this time.

We’ve been discussing the idea but does anybody know for sure? Nobody seems confident here.

I'm confident this will be a coaster, with a small amount of "scenes". It will be a coaster. It will not be a dark ride. It won't be the Mack flying coaster.

The lack of any real knowledge is another sign that we’re far from an announcement.

We've always been far from an announcement of concrete details. Again, Diagon wasn't given details until the January before it opened

Screamscape has reported that this will be an Intamin motocoaster, but other than that, there hasn't been much speculation. I reckon a family coaster will be a good fit, but as Mako is my number 1 coaster, I'd really like to see the Forbidden Forest B&M hyper coaster that was apparently planned once.

Reactions: Scott W.
Screamscape has reported that this will be an Intamin motocoaster, but other than that, there hasn't been much speculation. I reckon a family coaster will be a good fit, but as Mako is my number 1 coaster, I'd really like to see the Forbidden Forest B&M hyper coaster that was apparently planned once.

I think they were only reporting a possibility but I doubt it, not if Disney are doing Tron just down the road. Even if the Potter coaster was better, they don't want to have people making comparisons.

I'd love to see a hyper coaster but I don't think that JK Rowling would ever allow it. I have hope that Universal will build one some day, probably at the new park.

I'm confident this will be a coaster, with a small amount of "scenes". It will be a coaster. It will not be a dark ride. It won't be the Mack flying coaster.

We've always been far from an announcement of concrete details. Again, Diagon wasn't given details until the January before it opened

If we compare this thread to Diagon's from roughly the same time before opening, there was a lot of information floating about and a lot of that came to fruition.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Hell, you were one of the first people to even discuss the idea:

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Inside Universal Forums

If we compare project like for like, we're looking at the next announcement being in May.

Reactions: Matt N
If we compare this thread to Diagon's from roughly the same time before opening, there was a lot of information floating about and a lot of that came to fruition.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Hell, you were one of the first people to even discuss the idea:

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Inside Universal Forums

If we compare project like for like, we're looking at the next announcement being in May.

Yea, but it was easy to figure out what was going to happen with Diagon. It builds itself.

I'll end this here because we're just going around in circles, but I really do not understand the angst at the lack of details when it's par for the course with Universal. You may think there are less "leaks" this time, which might be true depending on your point of view, but that's not on Universal, that's just a lack of info filtering down to others and is a separate issue from complaining about the lack of announcements.

Yea, but it was easy to figure out what was going to happen with Diagon. It builds itself.

I'll end this here because we're just going around in circles, but I really do not understand the angst at the lack of details when it's par for the course with Universal. You may think there are less "leaks" this time, which might be true depending on your point of view, but that's not on Universal, that's just a lack of info filtering down to others and is a separate issue from complaining about the lack of announcements.

It’s a tricky one. I think the main angst is coming from Disney announcing so much and Universal having plenty in the pipeline but few announcements. Part of this is just their style and another part is that since Disney played their cards, Universal are taking a step back to reevaluate which will benefit the fans in the long run.

Would an announcement be nice? Absolutely. Is it going to help speed things up? No.

We just all got to play the waiting game whether we like it or not and maybe going in blind to something like this is actually a bit of a breath of fresh air. I mean, how often do we really get surprised any more?

I think they were only reporting a possibility but I doubt it, not if Disney are doing Tron just down the road. Even if the Potter coaster was better, they don't want to have people making comparisons.

I'd love to see a hyper coaster but I don't think that JK Rowling would ever allow it. I have hope that Universal will build one some day, probably at the new park.

That's a valid point. But I wouldn't throw out Intamin just because it may not be a motocoaster.

I don’t think we’ll ever agree on this comparison.

On the flip side, the lack of knowledge could mean that Universal have an ace up their sleeve and could be delivering something way beyond our expectations.
I sure do hope so, I'll say it again it's potter so u know it's go big always. With how those other 2 potter attractions were executed u can only expect this to surpass those, although gringotts is only 4 years old. What will be interesting is to see how far up the gut of the old queue they reach. I don't know if they'll put as much into the queue of a rumored mostly outdoor ride as an completely indoor ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.