Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Brazil comes (sans attraction) it will be interesting to see how Disney markets this first World Showcase expansion in 30+ years. Do they give it a big push, only to overhype it and disappoint people when guests show up expecting more than a restaurant and a shop, or do they downplay it and treat it more like they would treat the opening of a new restaurant?

This is disney; the same company that hyped restrooms.

They will definitely promote a new country, and there will be some sort of attraction. Just no ride.

With guardians and rat coming, and the recent frozen and soarin update. I think they are doing quite a bit for Disney standards. Most of the countries don’t have rides
Yes. I'm actually happy with the direction WDW is now going to in regards to attraction expansion. . Just wish they'd do more like Universal with higher capacity new attractions.

Reactions: Nick
Yes. I'm actually happy with the direction WDW is now going to in regards to attraction expansion. . Just wish they'd do more like Universal with higher capacity new attractions.
I agree. It's not perfect (Guardians in Epcot, for example), but I mean, nor is Uni's slate either. WDW has some pretty exciting expansion coming to all of its parks in the next few years that will help them all be fresh. ...except DAK, lol. They're gonna be riding that Avatar train for a while.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
This is disney; the same company that hyped restrooms.

They will definitely promote a new country, and there will be some sort of attraction. Just no ride.
Ehhh... exhibits and cultural experiences, yes (like every country). But even something as simple as a 360 show or the like may not happen.

What type of ride was it was going to be, before it got cut?
I don't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I believe it was to be some type of boat ride. Maybe he'll answer (@Marni1971)?

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Brazil don't need no boat ride... We already got like 20 seconds of Living With the Land in the Amazon rain forest at the park, duh!

living-with-the-land-gallery06.jpg
In all honesty though, Epcot can never have too many boat rides.

Reactions: Ashhanbre and Joel
By the sounds of it, I think it would be better for them to use the lot behind Germany's Train Set. The original Africa lot should be kept for something bigger. Although that might take another 30+ yrs.

By the sounds of it, I think it would be better for them to use the lot behind Germany's Train Set. The original Africa lot should be kept for something bigger. Although that might take another 30+ yrs.
The plan IS to use the land behind the model train in Germany.

I wonder if they actually might do some sort of walkthrough rainforest attraction. Kind of like was planned for Africa like that treehouse thing.

I wonder if they actually might do some sort of walkthrough rainforest attraction. Kind of like was planned for Africa like that treehouse thing.
Come again about this treehouse thing? I never heard this proposal. Was it supposed to open with the park?

You can see the tree house in most of the concept art for Equatorial Africa, as well as on the layout for the proposed pavilion (at the upper left below):
01-africa-layout.jpg~original

The attraction has been described HERE (which also contains lots of concept art) as follows:

"At the entrance of the land, surrounded by huge Kopjis rocks, guests would have start their "Africa" experience with a giant 60 foot tall tree house. Up in the tree house a wooden observation platform, which surrounded the upper trunk. From the center of it thanks to WDI Imagineers wizardry and a real movie filmed by cinematographer Jack Couffer guests would have overlook a waterhole at dusk with wild animals of the jungle coming to bathe or drink. It would have been a multi senses experience as, in addition to the far projected 70 mm live action movie projected on a 20 foot screen, was included wind and heat effects as well as scents - thanks to Disney's "smellizer" technology - and HD sound to create the perfect illusion that guests were actually in Africa watching real wild animals."

You can see the tree house in most of the concept art for Equatorial Africa, as well as on the layout for the proposed pavilion (at the upper left below):
01-africa-layout.jpg~original

The attraction has been described HERE (which also contains lots of concept art) as follows:

"At the entrance of the land, surrounded by huge Kopjis rocks, guests would have start their "Africa" experience with a giant 60 foot tall tree house. Up in the tree house a wooden observation platform, which surrounded the upper trunk. From the center of it thanks to WDI Imagineers wizardry and a real movie filmed by cinematographer Jack Couffer guests would have overlook a waterhole at dusk with wild animals of the jungle coming to bathe or drink. It would have been a multi senses experience as, in addition to the far projected 70 mm live action movie projected on a 20 foot screen, was included wind and heat effects as well as scents - thanks to Disney's "smellizer" technology - and HD sound to create the perfect illusion that guests were actually in Africa watching real wild animals."

By far the best part of that proposal is the word "smellizer"

The plan IS to use the land behind the model train in Germany.

Thanks, That's great news. Outpost lot is way too big for an ordinary pavilion. That lot most have a ride. Even though I was not happy about Remy taking over the open lot next door, perhaps if they are smart enough, whenever they are ready to build a major pavilion on that big lot, they could move the outpost between France and Morocco, it should be enough space to fit what they already have plus make it look more village like and more lush around (which should be enough to cover the ride building) Since I doubt Equatorial Africa will have any chance to come to life, especially when Africa has a full land in DAK.