Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

I would honestly like to see them re-work that area so that you couldn't hear the road right next to it anymore...Plus a hyper and maybe a smaller RMC or Gravity Group woody would be welcomed

I also heard talks of a resort somewhere down the road
Resort for sure looks like it’s happening somewhere in the next 5 years

With the amount of SBNO attractions you'd think you were at a Merlin park!

Strange since investment elsewhere in the company is doing so well.

It's just a temporary cost cutting measure during one of the slowest times of year. I see it reopening for Spring Break or by Memorial Day if not.

I will say they do need to so something about making the area more "visible". To those of us who have been going for a long time or regularly, we know what's back there. However to new visitors it's kind of obscure as to what's back there. Even as a pass member since 2007, I never knew there were Gibbons and other animal exhibits back there until 2012 (Jungala opened Spring 2008). Since I'm not in the target age group for the 3 attractions back there (Tree Top Trails, Wild Surge & Jungle Flyers), I just never noticed before. For new visitors they may not even know Wild Surge is there unless it's launched up to the top while walking by. Otherwise it just looks like some thematic element.

While on the subject of Jungala, I wish they'd re-open the path between Congo & Stanleyville that bypasses Jungala. For me the only thing that really draws me to Jungala is the tigers (my fav wild animal). Once it starts getting dark, I have no need really to walk through there other than passing through. I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses that pathway, even though I understand they closed it off to get more traffic through Jungala.

Jungala is a great area, and while this may be temporary, it's still a sad sign of the state of things.
They've left Gwazi to rot, with nothing in the works currently to replace it. They closed Tidal Wave with nothing in the works to replace it. They closed off Curiosity Caverns where the bats and snakes and stuff were(I loved that area!). They still haven't replaced the old Akbar's Adventure Tours building with anything. They tore down the old pets theater and now it's just an empty field. They had plans to enclose Sand Serpent, but even that got cancelled.

The park used to be one of the best theme parks, and now it's lost so much of its charm and extra things that made it a full day+ park.

Jungala is a great area, and while this may be temporary, it's still a sad sign of the state of things.
They've left Gwazi to rot, with nothing in the works currently to replace it. They closed Tidal Wave with nothing in the works to replace it. They closed off Curiosity Caverns where the bats and snakes and stuff were(I loved that area!). They still haven't replaced the old Akbar's Adventure Tours building with anything. They tore down the old pets theater and now it's just an empty field. They had plans to enclose Sand Serpent, but even that got cancelled.

The park used to be one of the best theme parks, and now it's lost so much of its charm and extra things that made it a full day+ park.
Sounds like BGW. They gutted entertainment, which used to be great, and discontinued anything of interest that wasn't a coaster. I don't go there anymore.....Do we detect a trend with this company, namely downward? :(