What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^It's generally just cheaper to demolish when you're ready to build it's replacement. This is why a lot of parks will leave things SBNO until they are ready with one. Same reason TTW is still sitting there. It however isn't as noticeable to those who don't know it's there.

What??? When was this rumored? Are they seriously trying to kill Busch Gardens? The place has a great coaster lineup, but they let Gwazi rot, they closed Tidal Wave, Rhino Rally, recently a portion of Jungala, and now theyre getting rid of animals? Seriously???

Somebody needs to buy the Busch parks and save them from the morons running the company.
I remember first hearing about it early last year, but it seems like they’re staying at the park for now

Reactions: Cheezbat
For anyone still wanting Merlin to take over Busch Gardens, take a look at this:

Opening Weekend: The Inquest Begins | TowersStreet Talk

They are killing our parks, they make SeaWorld look like gods in comparison. One of my home parks is Alton Towers, so I know what Merlin are like. If my home park was Busch Gardens, I'd take SeaWorld over Merlin any day.
I only have Legoland and Orlando Eye to directly judge Merlin on, but I would say they are fairly equal and I would maybe give Merlin an edge over SW. Both of their attractions are well run and well maintained. Legoland has slightly better staff though I think.

I only have Legoland and Orlando Eye to directly judge Merlin on, but I would say they are fairly equal and I would maybe give Merlin an edge over SW. Both of their attractions are well run and well maintained. Legoland has slightly better staff though I think.
What many people don't know is that Merlin have 3 operating groups, Legoland parks, Midway and Resort Theme Parks (RTP). Legoland parks and Midway are considerably better funded than RTP, which Busch Gardens would fall under. The Orlando Eye is operated by Midway :)

What many people don't know is that Merlin have 3 operating groups, Legoland parks, Midway and Resort Theme Parks (RTP). Legoland parks and Midway are considerably better funded than RTP, which Busch Gardens would fall under. The Orlando Eye is operated by Midway :)
I would think if they bought SW/BG they would create a separate group for that. SW and BG somewhat are in heavily competitive markets I think that alone would keep whoever owned them on their toes a little more at least for the parks that aren't more regional.

I would think if they bought SW/BG they would create a separate group for that. SW and BG somewhat are in heavily competitive markets I think that alone would keep whoever owned them on their toes a little more at least for the parks that aren't more regional.
I don't think they would, RTP operates many different reigonal and destination parks in different markets internationally. Busch Gardens would very likely fall under RTP. Thankfully Merlin will never buy SeaWorld.

I don't think they would, RTP operates many different reigonal and destination parks in different markets internationally. Busch Gardens would very likely fall under RTP. Thankfully Merlin will never buy SeaWorld.
Do they operate parks with animals? I would think that would be the distinguishing factor.

Yes, Chessington World of Adventures has the displeasure of being operated by them :)
Eh, either way I think they would do a decent job and those parks which are currently one whole company would likely stay a separate division or at least looked at as a different group of parks. Like you said it's probably not likely, but I would welcome it as it would likely combine several parks under one pass.

^The Australian animal attractions (whilst are Merlin) are under Midway instead of RTP :)

Let's hope that this never leads anywhere, Merlin getting their hands on BGT is a very worrying thought.

Anyway, there are lots of people saying something new is coming to BGT in 2019, anybody heard anything?

I thought I had read that BGW used some elements from Gwazi when thy built their new Invader ride last year.
Just the Millenium Flyer trains from Gwazi...No track parts were used as far as I know

As for ownership, AB is the only way to go IMO....Very doubtful though

Reactions: Mad Dog
Cedar Fair would be the best option, but as previously mentioned, competition might scare them away. Starting to think there miiiight not be a way out for these parks. :(

Just the Millenium Flyer trains from Gwazi...No track parts were used as far as I know

As for ownership, AB is the only way to go IMO....Very doubtful though
They also recycled some of the good wood for use at SeaWorld Orlando; particularly the SeaWorld Rescue Store.
searescue_464x286.ashx