What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They also recycled some of the good wood for use at SeaWorld Orlando; particularly the SeaWorld Rescue Store.
searescue_464x286.ashx
That's very interesting, I didn't know that...It looks great

Reactions: tankart150
BGT is due a new ride, 2019 might be the year.

SeaWorld have submitted trade mark applications for the names:

-Twisted Tiger
-Uproar
-Tigris

Rumours are circulating about what these names could mean, but most enthusiasts were pretty excited when seeing the first one. It kinda rings a bell, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers...Twisted Tiger!?

However, the park have repeatedly said that Gwazi was due to be torn down, whether or not this includes the possibility of an RMC is unclear. Gwazi has been standing there for a good 3 years now, so to keep the structure I would imagine that you would need significant structural work, which I'm not sure SeaWorld are in a position to finance.

The other possibility is the Tidal Wave site, which is actually located fairly close to the park's Tiger habitats. A Premier Rides Sky Rocket II would fit well here, and whilst itwould be a clone, it would provide a cheapway to install another thrilling coaster at BGT to add to their already great coaster selection.

The speculation continues, something is definitely happening though......

Credit to Touring Central FL for this info :)

-Twisted Tiger
-Uproar
-Tigris

Rumours are circulating about what these names could mean, but most enthusiasts were pretty excited when seeing the first one. It kinda rings a bell, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers...Twisted Tiger!?

However, the park have repeatedly said that Gwazi was due to be torn down, whether or not this includes the possibility of an RMC is unclear. Gwazi has been standing there for a good 3 years now, so to keep the structure I would imagine that you would need significant structural work, which I'm not sure SeaWorld are in a position to finance.

The other possibility is the Tidal Wave site, which is actually located fairly close to the park's Tiger habitats. A Premier Rides Sky Rocket II would fit well here, and whilst itwould be a clone, it would provide a cheapway to install another thrilling coaster at BGT to add to their already great coaster selection.

It's about time! If we RMC Gwazi (Twisted Tiger) after all this time, I would scream.

While Twisted Tiger does kind of give a hint to an RMC Gwazi, it, like the other 2 permits, scream a Premier Sky Rocket II clone as well. The TTW area would be a lot cheaper to deconstruct to build such a ride, vs. Gwazi's massive plot. I'm not too keen on a clone coming to BGT, but it would be nice to have one of those in FL since BGW would be the closest one I'll likely ever get to. If it comes here, I would hope they could design a dual load station as capacity is not the best for a park with BGT's attendance (during peak times at least).

On a side note:
After attending the Food & Wine Festival this past weekend for the Boyz II Men Concert, it would be nice if they could turn Gwazi Park into a permanent amphitheater with actual seats (like Royal Palace Theater at BGW). With the festival and concerts being such a big hit, it's almost necessary. It was the first concert I've been to in there since Earth Wind & Fire a few years ago and it seemed like there was less seating this time (could have been the benches were closer together as well though). The control booth was closer to the stage taking up an area that could have been prime seating....and a lot of it. Knowing how crowded the concerts can get, I had my seat picked at 5 after getting some samples at the booths. It was right beside the control booth so I had no one blocking my view of the stage. There were lots of angry people mad they couldn't squeeze in on the already full benches an hour before the show.

-Twisted Tiger
-Uproar
-Tigris

Twisted Tiger is a pretty cool name...It could be anything from an RMC Gwazi to a flat ride haha

While Twisted Tiger does kind of give a hint to an RMC Gwazi, it, like the other 2 permits, scream a Premier Sky Rocket II clone as well. The TTW area would be a lot cheaper to deconstruct to build such a ride, vs. Gwazi's massive plot. I'm not too keen on a clone coming to BGT, but it would be nice to have one of those in FL since BGW would be the closest one I'll likely ever get to. If it comes here, I would hope they could design a dual load station as capacity is not the best for a park with BGT's attendance (during peak times at least).
Those are popping up in more Busch/Sea World parks...I sincerely hope that's not what we're getting....The Sky Rocket I mean

Even if it is a Sky Rocket II, they are extremely fun rides and a great laugh. Would still be a solid addition, just not quite as good as RMC Gwazi :p

Pretty sure this won't be a Gwazi RMC, as most likely this will go in Jungala, they closed the ropes thing there, and that plot also borders what was Tidal Wave, enough land for a coaster. The Jungala area is also where they have the tigers, so makes a lot of sense.

Even if it is a Sky Rocket II, they are extremely fun rides and a great laugh. Would still be a solid addition, just not quite as good as RMC Gwazi :p

I would hardly call that the attraction to get them out of their slump.

Universal seems like they will dominate the year, and that Disney will seemingly be taking reigns of the holidays and the first half of 2020. The thing SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment needs, is to take risks and to not play safe with what they add.

Heck, I'd say Infinity Falls is their biggest risk since Antarctica, but that it looks fun and unique for SWPE. But, this attraction, is also a risk due to it being a proof of concept attraction from Intamin, and not a standard model attraction.

I think Busch can benefit off of an attraction that would take the risks that Cheetah Hunt, Cobras Curse, and Sheikra did. And that I really hope whatever they add, doesn't show it's quality on the scale of San Diegos Submarine Quest. :sick:

A SkyRocket clone is a horrible idea for Busch Gardens Tampa. The park needs more rides with solid capacity. Those things do not have good capacity.

I've been hoping for a hyper/giga or something unique. What a shame it would be if a SkyRocket is what they get for the 60th.