What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do think that the growing traffic congestion between Orlando and Tampa is becoming an issue for tourism in the region.

If my early afternoon Sunday venture to Busch on my Spring Break trip is any indication, then, Yes. I can't imagine it during the work week. Now at 10pm, it was a breeze till we hit Disney

What would upset me most is if this were to be a SkyRocket II, is that BGT is known for installing incredibly unique and incredibly themed attractions. The formula they've had for the past few years in Cheetah Hunt, Faclon's Fury and Cobra's Curse has worked well. A Skyrocket II, while unique to the area, is kind of disappointing from an enthusiast standpoint. Not to say it isn't a good ride, but it doesn't match up with the current standard the park has set for itself. Just my two cents.

Pretty sure this won't be a Gwazi RMC, as most likely this will go in Jungala, they closed the ropes thing there, and that plot also borders what was Tidal Wave, enough land for a coaster. The Jungala area is also where they have the tigers, so makes a lot of sense.

The Tree Top Trail and Wild Surge were open this past weekend when I was there (and I've seen others post that Tree Top Trail opened back a couple weeks ago). All the signage for those attractions is gone however. I was able to see the gibbons and fruit bats as well. The only one that was still closed is the Jungle Flyers. This may have been for spring break crowds to help with capacity tho. I wouldn't be surprised to see it closed off again next week once the spring break crowds are gone. IF this is going to be a Sky Rocket II clone, I can see them using part of TTW's plot for it. and merge it with Jungala. (I definitely don't see RMC Gwazi.)

Am I the only one who prefers UPROAR over the other coaster names?
Uproar is an excellent name for a Sky Rocket II clone.

image.jpg

Apparently this was taken a few weeks ago. That isn't RMC track, but it could show that there was work on site lately.
I knew once I saw the trademarks yesterday the crazies would start with ill facts and nonsense...lol

Any body know we're the tidal wave boats went?
They could have been sold to Zoo Tampa (Lowry Park Zoo) for their new ride that's similar. Otherwise perhaps to BGW for Escape To Pompeii?

Reactions: tankart150
Pretty sure this won't be a Gwazi RMC, as most likely this will go in Jungala, they closed the ropes thing there, and that plot also borders what was Tidal Wave, enough land for a coaster. The Jungala area is also where they have the tigers, so makes a lot of sense.
This is a great point, I know there was a rumored Hyper in the works for that spot that never happened...Instead we got the Jungala play area (which is closed ironically)

Perhaps this is Silverback all over again?

I would hardly call that the attraction to get them out of their slump.

Universal seems like they will dominate the year, and that Disney will seemingly be taking reigns of the holidays and the first half of 2020. The thing SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment needs, is to take risks and to not play safe with what they add.

Heck, I'd say Infinity Falls is their biggest risk since Antarctica, but that it looks fun and unique for SWPE. But, this attraction, is also a risk due to it being a proof of concept attraction from Intamin, and not a standard model attraction.

I think Busch can benefit off of an attraction that would take the risks that Cheetah Hunt, Cobras Curse, and Sheikra did. And that I really hope whatever they add, doesn't show it's quality on the scale of San Diegos Submarine Quest. :sick:
BGT has the blessing of distance and it being considered a staple Tampa/St.Pete destination....They just need better owners haha

I wonder if they could just have a ride entrance by Jungala, but have the ride were Tidal wave was. Looking at the BGT site, the net climb is still mentioned, but Jungle Flyers and Wild Surge are gone, neither are mentioned in the maintenance section either.

What would upset me most is if this were to be a SkyRocket II, is that BGT is known for installing incredibly unique and incredibly themed attractions. The formula they've had for the past few years in Cheetah Hunt, Faclon's Fury and Cobra's Curse has worked well. A Skyrocket II, while unique to the area, is kind of disappointing from an enthusiast standpoint. Not to say it isn't a good ride, but it doesn't match up with the current standard the park has set for itself. Just my two cents.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg was known for the same thing and look how that turned out:

tempesto_02.png

I stand by the idea that Tempesto just felt like a weird addition to BGW. I'm not a fan of the themeing or placement of that attraction. I don't necessarily think that the park even needed that attraction. Thankfully InvadR was a good attraction in terms of the quality you would expect from a BG park which makes me hopeful for the future. I think the rumored Starflyer for BGW would have fit better as a theme of daredevils with the name Tempesto in that section of the park. I think the Electric Eel coaster fits much better for SWSD than it did for BGW, and certainly I do not see a SkyRocket II fitting in BGT either.

I think that the name "Twisted Tiger" is more than likely going to used for a SkyRocket as opposed to a RMC, but honestly, I'd love to be proved wrong. Based on the name "Uproar," that names screams a SkyRocket, and when I heard Twisted Tiger, I immediately thought of the inline twist on the SkyRocket as opposed to an RMC. I really hope that if this is a SkyRocket, that they don't skimp out on the themeing, especially since a ride like this can be difficult to theme.

Also, not to spread rumors, but I remember around August of 2017 we heard rumors asbout Kumba receiving VR treatment. Am I the only one who thinks that idea got scrapped for this years new attraction? Especially in the wake of Kraken (temporarily) losing it's VR. I wonder how long Battle for Eire will run at BGW, which actually looks like a very good use of VR.

Last edited:
I feel like it's most likely to be a Sky Rocket II rather than RMC Gwazi or a Giga. At this point, I feel like an RMC T-Rex track would be more likely than RMC Gwazi. I would love for BGT to get something like this one day.

I feel like it's most likely to be a Sky Rocket II rather than RMC Gwazi or a Giga. At this point, I feel like an RMC T-Rex track would be more likely than RMC Gwazi. I would love for BGT to get something like this one day.
Those Euro Fighters (or whatever they are called) wear out pretty quick and tend to geet rough...I'm not completely sold on them