Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 267 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock market correction will squelch inflation in the short term. There is a lot of political uncertainty right now, and people are taking their profits and stashing them.

That said, I have heard that Uni. is aggressively moving forward on the south property.
Don't agree with you on the inflation prediction BUT glad to hear that Universal may be going in the direction that I think is the best business decision, namely fast track the South expansion. :thumbsup: Aggressive move on the South property would surely explain a lot that is, or isn't, happening on the North parks.

I don't think they're going to throw away all this built up momentum. If we make a list of potential and rumoured rides coming to the current resort, there's more than plenty that could happen.

IOA:
Potter coaster (Confirmed)
Grinch ride
LC replacement
Iron Man ride
Other Marvel ride
JP Ride
JP replacement
IOA lagoon show

USF:
T2 replacement (Confirmed)
Nintendo (Confirmed)
Shrek replacement (Heavily rumoured)
Fear Factor replacement (Heavily rumoured)
ET replacement
I can't see the Simpsons making it to 2030

There's probably more rumours and then there is whatever Universal actually does that comes completely out the blue.
Nintendo isn't confirmed for USF still... just heavily rumored... with some rumors it would go in the south park, and even a couple that it'd go in IOA. Universal's likely drawn up all 3 plans and is trying to decide where it goes.

Nintendo isn't confirmed for USF still... just heavily rumored... with some rumors it would go in the south park, and even a couple that it'd go in IOA. Universal's likely drawn up all 3 plans and is trying to decide where it goes.

Sometime after Fast opens and/or after the peak of Summer Kidzone is closing for Nintendo. That is happening whether we have an offical UOR memo or not. Those wheels are already in motion.

Sometime after Fast opens and/or after the peak of Summer Kidzone is closing for Nintendo. That is happening whether we have an offical UOR memo or not. Those wheels are already in motion.
No way they shut Kidzone down until labor day at the earliest imo. By the time F&F opens, we're approaching summer crowds, so it just makes sense to keep it open for an extra few months.

Now the land could easily start to close off partially (in sections) before then, but like I said, I think Labor Day at the earliest and if it opens up again AFTER HHN, there's no way it doesn't stay open for the holiday season again, so then we're looking at January 2019 potentially.

I'm done believing any rumor on when this might close because we've been hearing it since 2014/15. Let me know when the walls are up.

No way they shut Kidzone down until labor day at the earliest imo. By the time F&F opens, we're approaching summer crowds, so it just makes sense to keep it open for an extra few months.

Now the land could easily start to close off partially (in sections) before then, but like I said, I think Labor Day at the earliest and if it opens up again AFTER HHN, there's no way it doesn't stay open for the holiday season again, so then we're looking at January 2019 potentially.

I'm done believing any rumor on when this might close because we've been hearing it since 2014/15. Let me know when the walls are up.

Varying opinions seem to exist. With their beating projections daily, you're probably right. But it's dead. They've even looked into moving Woody somewhere else (they determined they can't, the structure wouldn't survive).

They really need to rip off the damn band aid already. The more they wait the more busy times approach and the more they don’t want to close it.

They really need to rip off the damn band aid already. The more they wait the more busy times approach and the more they don’t want to close it.
Best time to do it is August, actually. right once crowds start to go down, close it and then you just have to deal from there. The next busy period isn't until November - a 4 month window. They'll have F&F open which will likely eat up almost as much capacity as they would be losing.

The sooner it happens the sooner they won't have to deal with capacity issues. The T2 replacement opens next year which will help too.

They really need to just get on with it. There will be capacity issues in the short term, but in the long term, they need Nintendo open by Summer 2021. Heck, they needed it open before then, but that's basically the earliest it can come at this point.

Summers not as dominate in attendance in Orlando as it used to be. Rest of the year is way busier than it used to be. There's just about always going to be capacity issues and there's so very few slow days anymore. Close it down already. :fist: ..,,,,.Put the walls up! Put the walls up! Put the walls up! :peace:

Just like how they were ready to close right after HHN... than right after the holiday season... than right after F&F open... than right after Labor Day...
If you dig through some older threads, we had rumors of them closing after HHN 25 for Nintendo. It's just sort of been 2-3 years of throwing a dart at a moving target and never hitting it.

Reactions: jtsalien and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.