Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the new south park is envisioned by Universal to be it's answer to Magic Kingdom, an expanded SNL concept as the park's anchor will be a natural, and definitely the right long term business decision. This all hinges on a fast tracked new park. If that is indeed the case, Comcast/Universal executives would be greatly remiss if they didn't utilize their strongest IP, besides Potter, as the anchor.

Bingo. It'd be a waste of an IP to push it into USF just because it will be a year or two earlier rather than expand on the concept as the anchor it deserves to be. It also recognizes the fact that there is no other 'major' family IP out there big enough as an anchor.

Reactions: gator and Mad Dog
I would not be surprised if they end up fast tracking Zelda into IOA after Potter coaster for 2020/21 while they wait for new park?

I think you have a better chance of Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon all opening in Park 3 than any multi-ride lands opening up at USF/IOA before Park 3. Nintendo seemed to be it. If it moved, you're not getting anything more than a ride here or there.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think you have a better chance of Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon all opening in Park 3 than any multi-ride lands opening up at USF/IOA before Park 3. Nintendo seemed to be it. If it moved, you're not getting anything more than a ride here or there.

I'll take that bet. I wouldn't be surprised if IOA coasts. But I'm still all on for Kidzone.

Reactions: Mike S
We'll see. If Fievel really does get the extensive refurb that I've heard bandied about, I'm not holding my breath

I mean, they don't really have a choice there. If they think they need it open, they have to spend the money. They are/will put in a lot of money to Curious George already this year. That's the nature of operting these types of play areas. That's really part of why I'm confident it'll be going away.

There's not a chance in hell it opens in USF by 2020. Considering nothing has closed yet, that's literally an impossible timeline. The (theoretical) choices we have here are USF in 2021 or new park in 2022.
I was going by Japan which is in 2020. You said the new park would mean a year delay after the others open.

Is any of this based on insider information are we all just theorizing logically? I feel like everyone is agreeing it would make more sense at the third gate, but is there any indication that Universal is leaning this way? Besides Kidzone still being open?

Is any of this based on insider information are we all just theorizing logically? I feel like everyone is agreeing it would make more sense at the third gate, but is there any indication that Universal is leaning this way? Besides Kidzone still being open?

I've heard it both ways at this point. Some are claiming up and down KidZone is still the location, others are adamant it's Park 3. My gut feeling is after those walls came down in KidZone, it's moved.

I've heard it both ways at this point. Some are claiming up and down KidZone is still the location, others are adamant it's Park 3. My gut feeling is after those walls came down in KidZone, it's moved.

Pardon me asking, but what walls? The ones next to ET that were at HHN at the time?

If that's what you are referring too, I have thought briefly about that before.

Both :lol:

Everone is working off their best info. But that's always fluid.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Pardon me asking, but what walls? The ones next to ET that were at HHN at the time?

If that's what you are referring too, I have thought briefly about that before.

Yea. The walls that multiple people were told were "the first steps to closing KidZone during HHN". And then it didn't close. Then the walls came down. And nothing changed. *shrug*

Reactions: SeventyOne
And in situations where Universal/Comcast is reevaluating their options, info that may have been fairly reliable a few months ago may no longer be valid. If Universal/Comcast is unsure of what they're doing, or just now changed plans, any previous insider info would be moot.

And in situations where Universal/Comcast is reevaluating their options, info that may have been fairly reliable a few months ago may no longer be valid. If Universal/Comcast is unsure of what they're doing, or just now changed plans, any previous insider info would be moot.

To add to this, was there not a lot of misinformation getting pushed out about 6 months ago to try and fix any leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.