Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anybody know the crowd levels for this sunday? I'm going this sunday so I'd appreciate a response before then.
Touring Plans crowd levels for IOA & Studios are a Level 3 (that indicates slow to slow/moderate for the two parks). They do not do individual crowd levels for Volcano Bay, or any of the Orlando area water parks. The weather forecast is very warm, mid 80's, with a chance of rain.

Last time I drove by on a weekend the staircases to each ride seemed pretty full. Weather has been nicer lately so that may be driving up VB's crowds. I'm not sure HOW crowded it is but it's not going to be empty.

Does anybody know the crowd levels for this sunday? I'm going this sunday so I'd appreciate a response before then.

Today Saturday;

Krakatau ... only 30mins return time at 12noon (I am informed wait time includes stairs time)

Big blue Mona turtle and adjoining green slide were still ride now at 1115 ... don’t kno about later.

English school holiday week starts today (Saturday), so might be busier tomorrow (Sunday).

ps just seen central screen
At 1215 the only return times are;
Ko okiri 50mins
Honu 30mins
Ila Moana 30mins
Krakatau 35mins
Good luck

IOA and Studios seem to be very busy today. Even the water rides (Popeye & Dudley) have long lines. Seems the hot weather has brought the water lovers out. That may translate into decent crowds at VB today & tomorrow.

Plus lots of action for Mardi Gras and the Beach Boys tonight. Pretty good crowds for the bars and food. Plus lots and lots of older folks in Hawaiian Shirts :lol:

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
So they put some people in that weight range and then decide to change their minds if it doesn't damage the slide? I mean what does "getting the weight back" up even mean when you aren't making structural changes.?

So they put some people in that weight range and then decide to change their minds if it doesn't damage the slide? I mean what does "getting the weight back" up even mean when you aren't making structural changes.?

I think this is a very human trait. Let's try something and see what happens.

Reactions: Joel
I think this is a very human trait. Let's try something and see what happens.
Someone had to be the first guy to say, hmm, I'm gonna put this raw slimy gooey oyster in my mouth. And now people eat it all the time. Not something I woulda done. But hey, someone's gotta be the Guinea pig.

Hey you, you wanna go down this slide and see if it breaks a little? Let us know how badly you get thrashed around and if you think it's safe or not.

Reactions: Scott W.
Someone had to be the first guy to say, hmm, I'm gonna put this raw slimy gooey oyster in my mouth. And now people eat it all the time. Not something I woulda done. But hey, someone's gotta be the Guinea pig.

Hey you, you wanna go down this slide and see if it breaks a little? Let us know how badly you get thrashed around and if you think it's safe or not.

Excatly! Somebody looked at a cow's udder and thought...I want to suck on that and we got milk and a whole world of possibilities; cereal, cheese, ice cream.

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
They will make anyone does this sign their life away.

I hope they fix whatever problems they had with the weight limit. I went opening weekend when it was still 300 lbs. I weigh around 280 and had problems with the drop platform dropping about an 1/8 inch then getting stuck. It is real scary waiting 30 seconds for them to figure out how to get it to drop. It happened both times I tried it and I know a couple of people around the same weight that during the opening week had the same issue. I am not sure if they were still having the issue when they dropped the weight limit.