Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m headed there tomorrow. Any requests?

No hurricane. So there will probably be lines and stuff :rolleyes:

:lol:

Request - Serpentine slides. With recent changes to exit into pool / TimTracker YouTube - do you think blue now less rough and green still rough!? :) [I have not been myself]

Also would love to know what if wait times were good / ok etc as not show on app. That said, we are going UK Feb school hols, so likely be worse :-(

Have great time...

Ok. So been here maybe an hour. Did all three volcanos back to back to back like an idiot. Not a single person in front of me- slower now than the hurricane but a little colder (70 but sunny. No clouds)

3 observations.

1) I’m exhausted
2) green is twice as intense as blue. The Gs are insane in beginning and it never slows down where the blue does. It’s hard to get breaths that aren’t full of water on green
3) Brazilians And the tour groups in the park suck this time of year (Brazilian summer). But Brazilians at volcano bay in swimsuits? I approve.

I was glancing through the VB calendar and didn’t notice a multi-week park closure for maintenance. Has that happened already?

VB is 365 operation. Only closes when the weather is deemed too cold.

And while it is closed for cold they get in a lot of maintenance. The place was swarming the days it was closed early January. Had a volcano view room and was surprised with all the men and trucks in the park.

That's interesting and a little strange. I expected them to follow Disney's water park calendar where there's a 6 (?) week closure every year. I was thinking that 6 week closure would be used to fix some of the more structural issues the park was having.

That's interesting and a little strange. I expected them to follow Disney's water park calendar where there's a 6 (?) week closure every year. I was thinking that 6 week closure would be used to fix some of the more structural issues the park was having.

Disney has 2 water parks- so they can afford to do that. VB can't. It's also a significant money saving option. BB or TL can easily handle the winter "crowds" - which don't get close to a typical summer day when both parks are open.

Once the new development happens, I'd expect a similar schedule at Universal. And VB will certainly need it by then.

Blizzard Beach was having some issues that needed to be addressed. During it's recent closures, one of the slides was torn down and rebuilt. Still the same slide, same experience, but now it actually can be open to the public. They also did some re-surfacing on other slides.

Reactions: Coasted
Blizzard Beach was having some issues that needed to be addressed. During it's recent closures, one of the slides was torn down and rebuilt. Still the same slide, same experience, but now it actually can be open to the public. They also did some re-surfacing on other slides.

Thx. Glad to hear re BB. was disappointed those three were closed when went at Spring Break.

I thought / think though @GadgetGuru is referring to “... structural issues the [VB] Park was having” ?

Thx. Glad to hear re BB. was disappointed those three were closed when went at Spring Break.

I thought / think though @GadgetGuru is referring to “... structural issues the [VB] Park was having” ?

Poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean structural issues in a construction sense. It doesn't look like the slides are going to start crumbling soon.

When VB opened, it had a lot of TapuTapu issues, some crowd control issues, and some other more general issues. Those issues can't be fixed by just refurbing rides. If Universal wanted to make drastic changes to the park, a long park closure (like at the Disney water parks) would give them the time to make those changes.

I was glancing through the VB calendar and didn’t notice a multi-week park closure for maintenance. Has that happened already?
Looks like they're going the route of individual attraction refurb closures instead...From Universal: *Maku Puiho Round Raft Rides closed Feb. 1-Feb. 15 for seasonal maint. *Honu Ika Moana closed Feb. 16 to March 2nd for seasonal maint.......Also, Universal just changed many of the VB hours they had previously posted for most May dates. Previously VB was listed as closing at 5:00 PM most every May day. This week they changed most of the May closing hours to 8:00 PM....Looks like I'll go there now. I probably was going to skip the park if it closed at 5:00 PM. Probably no Disney on this trip now.

Reactions: Coasted
Volcano bay will certainly be better this summer after working out the kinks.

But the fact they didn’t go through with the expansion this winter, blows my mind.

Other priorities first. Think expecting that within 6 months is a little crazy. I wouldn’t expect an announcement until closer to the year anniversary.

Poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean structural issues in a construction sense. It doesn't look like the slides are going to start crumbling soon.

When VB opened, it had a lot of TapuTapu issues, some crowd control issues, and some other more general issues. Those issues can't be fixed by just refurbing rides. If Universal wanted to make drastic changes to the park, a long park closure (like at the Disney water parks) would give them the time to make those changes.

:) Thank goodness. Was already a bit worried re my illogical vertigo on those stairs!? Glad! Thx.