Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude,

You should try to like... Chill out man.

He isn't wrong. Like Disney's IP selections or not, they are addressing weak parts of every aspect of their resorts. Just on the announced lineups, DAK is fine, MK is fine and adding 2 new additions w/ no replacements, DHS will be solid w/ 2 expansions (even if one is subpar) + Mickey, Epcot new spine/entrance, GotG in a building that needed something and a new restaurant. Every single one of those has started construction of grading/planning has been done already with the exception of Epcot entrance and MK theater.

Yes, there are plenty of things Epcot still needs that are "rumored"- new pavillion, England ride, etc. But where are the Uni announcements? Not including resorts (for WDW or Uni)- we have HP and a new T2 show. That's it. Everything else is in purgatory. The only other *announced* thing was Nintendo, and even that is in such a state of flux we don't have any idea when it's happening. 2022/3 would not shock me- in particular if it's now in park 3.

All 3 Uni parks have holes and weak spots that can and should be plugged, yet we have nothing on the docket... at all. And with the torrent pace that we used to have just a few years ago- it has become a complete standstill comparatively since 2016. It's just mind-boggling that the brakes got pressed when attendance and spend is at an all time high. Sound like any other resort we used to know?

He isn't wrong. Like Disney's IP selections or not, they are addressing weak parts of every aspect of their resorts. Just on the announced lineups, DAK is fine, MK is fine and adding 2 new additions w/ no replacements, DHS will be solid w/ 2 expansions (even if one is subpar) + Mickey, Epcot new spine/entrance, GotG in a building that needed something and a new restaurant. Every single one of those has started construction of grading/planning has been done already with the exception of Epcot entrance and MK theater.

Yes, there are plenty of things Epcot still needs that are "rumored"- new pavillion, England ride, etc. But where are the Uni announcements? Not including resorts (for WDW or Uni)- we have HP and a new T2 show. That's it. Everything else is in purgatory. The only other *announced* thing was Nintendo, and even that is in such a state of flux we don't have any idea when it's happening. 2022/3 would not shock me- in particular if it's now in park 3.

All 3 Uni parks have holes and weak spots that can and should be plugged, yet we have nothing on the docket... at all. And with the torrent pace that we used to have just a few years ago- it has become a complete standstill comparatively since 2016. It's just mind-boggling that the brakes got pressed when attendance and spend is at an all time high. Sound like any other resort we used to know?

I don't think a lack of knowledge on our part, is the same thing as a lack of movement on Universal's....

You honestly think Uni is just sitting on their hands? I mean, where i'm coming from it's obvious they are doing something, and we know what some of those somethings are. We just don't know when it's going to happen.

Uni has way more in the works than most of us know. They will build to compete. After D23, They've had to up the par again. Most of us on these forums can understand exactly why they would too. So, Projects getting *potentially* delayed to be better, plus with the onslaught of things we know are coming, and some of the rumblings of projects that may or may have not been shelved or are in the works or even on standby please don't defend the angry man. Universal and IOA are both top tier parks, and were even before Potter.

Historically this is going to be some of the fastest Disney construction ever. A project that is a month or so behind isn't all that bad.

We will a lot of all the things before then end of the year.

Unfortunately, good or bad, this is kind of like Universal's MO. Case in point. They didn't announce the Springfield expansion until weeks after it actually opened. Universal is definitely "different" when it comes to advance announcements. Attraction plans yes, announcements of those plans, no.

How tall do we think this coaster will be? I'd be surprised if WB + JK Rowling would allow a visible coaster like they did with Dragon Challenge.

I’m hoping for something like Rita at Alton Towers, a launched Intamin ride that focuses on speed, riding low to the ground, etc.
I just can't see a world where this gets too tall. Even a tall show building there would be hard to fully theme as a forest.

I'm also curious if this will beat Guardians' at Epcot's claim of being the world's longest enclosed coaster.

I don’t think it will be fully enclosed. I also don’t think it has many if any elevations outside over the hopefully constructed forbidden forest element.

I just can't see a world where this gets too tall. Even a tall show building there would be hard to fully theme as a forest.

I'm also curious if this will beat Guardians' at Epcot's claim of being the world's longest enclosed coaster.

It’s not fully enclosed. I can confirm that. Hell i don’t know if it’s partially enclosed even.

Status
Not open for further replies.