Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I didn’t see that above the lockers on Friday, though may not have looked up ... I thought this longboat lobby desk was great;

0C17FC66-8291-4172-A8E4-C99083CACD6C.jpeg

@scott_walker .. makes sense, perhaps the ramps are bespoke parts - when compared to the bottom BAU exit which is still completely unmarked despite there being a bump on exit from small drop;

7AED07CF-51B1-4D1F-8284-D418F60185DD.png

I believe that white on the blue slide might well be lime buildup. Florida’s water comes from limestone cave aquifers deep underground.
I was going to say calcium buildup which really means that the waters hardness is to high. It’s very common in pools especially water features like that.

Edit:
Hard water is water that has high mineralcontent (in contrast with "soft water"). Hard water is formed when water percolates through deposits of limestone and chalk which are largely made up of calcium and magnesiumcarbonates.
Source: Hard water - Wikipedia

Wouldn’t that effect the bottom of the slide also?

Only if it leaked through a crack. Otherwise that would not happen.

I think they need to C.L.R. it or something. :saywhat:

b382ef45-e8a1-458c-802e-1cb948c23f52_1.9abd02797d6b62c1f17e52f81793062b.jpeg

Wouldn’t that affect the bottom of the slide also?

Only if it leaked through a crack. Otherwise that would not happen.

I think they need to C.L.R. it or something. :saywhat:

b382ef45-e8a1-458c-802e-1cb948c23f52_1.9abd02797d6b62c1f17e52f81793062b.jpeg

I'll interpret.

Scott meant the bottom, meaning the lower part of the slide where it goes into the pool. In the picture a few posts ago, the lower end of the slide is still blue with no white showing.

Teebin took bottom to mean the underside of the slide pieces which would only get wet if there was a crack.

I'll interpret.

Scott meant the bottom, meaning the lower part of the slide where it goes into the pool. In the picture a few posts ago, the lower end of the slide is still blue with no white showing.

Teebin took bottom to mean the underside of the slide pieces which would only get wet if there was a crack.

That really cleared things up for both of us. I must have read this about 20 times trying to figure it out.

A muriatic acid solution will take that calcium/lime deposits right off. In the picture you can see where every water spray nozzle is located and the white steak it leaves. When wet you won’t notice the scale buildup as much but once it dries it’s clear as day. Also as @AliciaStella pointed out sunlight doesn’t help the matter either.

Finally something I am knowledgeable in.

Last edited: