Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Edison Opening Night Review

It's sort of a bummer to hear these negative reviews. The LA version is still held in pretty high esteem... but I do think location makes a difference. The LA version is not part of a greater mall, it's sort of out of the way. It's more of a destination unto itself, so dressing up is part of the deal.

I can see how in Disney Springs, where there are so many other options that you don't have to dress up for, it'd be less successful. Also, you don't the authenticity of the LA version. Out here, the owner is locally well known for very carefully reproducing as much authentic kitsch to places that have fallen into disrepair (he spent years on Clifton's Cafe, another local institution that has to be seen to be believed, and much of it has been preserved).

I must admit, when I did hear they were bringing Edison to Disney Springs, I also questioned the location and vibe/authenticity. Those of you not liking that one, I do encourage you to try ours, the original. :)

From the bar's own twitter last night:

The entertainment starts now! Every Thursday, Friday & Saturday night starting at 10:30pm, enjoy our Aerialist, Cabaret Dancers, Live Band and DJ until 2am @DisneySprings! Will you be joining us?

Reading too much into a tweet, or have they already shelved entertainment 4 nights a week?
Entertainment has been Thurs-Sun since it opened no? Those are the nights when they enforce 21+ after a certain hour.

We showed up around 10PM last Monday night. We were understandably carded, and then were exposed to one of the many reasons this concept will die. The man who carded us proceeded to lecture us about what exactly he wanted us to wear should we ever want to come back (good news, we don't) and then let us know they are graciously letting "everyone" try out Edison for a few weeks. And I get wanting to appeal to a certain audience, but they just don't have the right attitude. My money is good here whether I have pockets on my shorts or not.

F--- off. :lol: There is no room for pretentiousness in Disney Springs.

F--- off. :lol: There is no room for pretentiousness in Disney Springs.
This is the central issue.

They want to be upscale, but they chose a shopping district that mostly has families roaming around. I'm sure they'd love to get the local crowd, but I don't think there's enough locals willing to come to Disney Springs on a consistant basis to the point where they will be able to run this place as intended.

If they wanted to run as a nightclub and appeal to the adult/convention crowd only, they should've opened up somewhere on I-Drive (I-Drive 360?). I have no sympathy for when the entertainment part of this concept fails. Will it be unfortunate? Yeah, sure. Maybe it was poor Planning to put STK across the way and they should've parted with another club-type place so that the former PI hill area would once again be an area aimed at adults. But I think Disney thought STK, with their dance concept on the second floor, would complement The Edison.

Went Tuesday night for dinner and was sat right away at 6:30. Got the prime rib and wife got the crab cake and both were very good. Did start with the calamari and that was a waste of money. Our waiter did say there was entertainment that night, but didn’t go back since we weren’t really dressed for the later night set up.

Couple anecdotal reports this weekend, all say service is abysmal. Worst is a friendly acquaintance couple who ordered a $30 glass of Scotch and had to explain what "neat" meant to their bartender.

Couple anecdotal reports this weekend, all say service is abysmal. Worst is a friendly acquaintance couple who ordered a $30 glass of Scotch and had to explain what "neat" meant to their bartender.

Yeah the service is the hardest pill to swallow. We're all used to getting fleeced at Disney, but they usually do it with a certain level of service and flair.