Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the only thing I can think of that would be fascinating, is if the track switch is a moving Track switch, to where like the Dynamic SFX coaster, it moves down a curved hill. That would be something fascinating to see from Intamin.

But either way, this sounds like it's Universals attempt of a Verbolten type attraction, and that I can't wait to see what they do.
Verbolten Plus Plus

From what Alicia is saying getting a ground hugging fragmented sfx coaster vibe. Fragmented being that the sfx parts of the ride all happen in separate buildings. Kinda like a pimped up Thirteen, with more buildings and far more tricks up its sleeves.

That's the vibe I'm getting. I was always under the impression that a SFX coaster had to be indoors so this really opens up a lot possibilities.

That's the vibe I'm getting. I was always under the impression that a SFX coaster had to be indoors so this really opens up a lot possibilities.

Surprisingly, the Mission Ferrari attraction coming to Ferrari World actually is having an outdoor portion, but not to the level that one would expect.

My thoughts, what if the attraction is handled similar to how FJ was, to where while the arms were Kuka, Dynamic was the ones who made the ride system.

My guess is that while Intamin will be apart of the development process, they will not be the only ones involved with the creation of the ride system.

Reactions: Scott W.

Hope were right, sounds fun. Now, as for the theme :shrug:, We were all thinking Forbidden Forest but Alicia seems to have put the cat amongst the pigeons with that.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Hope were right, sounds fun. Now, as for the theme :shrug:, We were all thinking Forbidden Forest but Alicia seems to have put the cat amongst the pigeons with that.
Not sure. Teebins still touting some Forbidden Forest. And I recall he's mentioned that giant (Graup or whatever his name is) in previous older posts. That's an AA that could work well. And Disneyhead gave a clue about a giant AA like Kong. (and, just a reminder, this thread started taking off when we were doing chit chat about insiders the other day, and that got the ball rolling with Alicia's BIG comment , just saying. Sometimes small talk gets Action.No disrespect intended :))

Last edited:
Reactions: BrenRays
I wonder if we might slide backwards from inside the shrieking shack or perhaps a bit more fitting if we backed out of way from Aragog in a cave. Thanks to Alicia we have bunches to imagine about now. :)

( how she got the inside track on this project frustrates the hell out of me! She probably carries the engineering plans with her where ever she goes...)

VagueNearAyeaye-max-1mb.gif

Honestly, the only thing I can think of that would be fascinating, is if the track switch is a moving Track switch, to where like the Dynamic SFX coaster, it moves down a curved hill. That would be something fascinating to see from Intamin.

But either way, this sounds like it's Universals attempt of a Verbolten type attraction, and that I can't wait to see what they do.

EDIT: Here is what I'm talking about.

Thank you for bringing it to the thread, Alexander.
I think the video bellow can illustrate even more your point of view:

Thank you for bringing it to the thread, Alexander.
I think the video bellow can illustrate even more your point of view:

The only reason why I didn't include the original video when it was announced, was more to that it wasn't anything more than a concept shown.

But now, you do have groups across the world wanting in on it, as we will see later this year in Dubai for instance.

I'm curious about Intamin's relationship with this project, as it may be interesting to see how they work with Universal since the issues that occurred with Gringotts.

The only reason why I didn't include the original video when it was announced, was more to that it wasn't anything more than a concept shown.

But now, you do have groups across the world wanting in on it, as we will see later this year in Dubai for instance.

I'm curious about Intamin's relationship with this project, as it may be interesting to see how they work with Universal since the issues that occurred with Gringotts.
I think the issues with Gringotts were to be expected with a ride that complex...I would imagine it would probably be in Universal's best interest to stick with Intamin and Mack, as they seem to be pushing boundaries in terms of concepts for coasters...I would love for this to be a SFX coaster...But I also wouldn't mind a traditional Mack or Intamin concept...Maybe even the speedbike coaster

I think the issues with Gringotts were to be expected with a ride that complex...I would imagine it would probably be in Universal's best interest to stick with Intamin and Mack, as they seem to be pushing boundaries in terms of concepts for coasters...I would love for this to be a SFX coaster...But I also wouldn't mind a traditional Mack or Intamin concept...Maybe even the speedbike coaster
Yeah, I'd rather have an attraction with a proven ride system. I love Gringotts & Kong, but the initial problems with the rides systems were a pain in the butt......I'm still going with what Disneyhead has been thinking the coaster is. Fits well with what Alicia is saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38

Intamin's track record is to have problems with coasters breaking down. Cedar Fair has completely stopped using them, and no one else in the states is using them either. Yeah, they make some innovative rides, but with the reliability Uni needs, they aren't the best choice. That doesn't mean they won't use them again. I'd just be somewhat surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.