Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To recap:

*Multi launch terrain coaster

*Either Intamin or Dynamic Attractions

*reverse section

*multiple smaller showbuildings, one largish one.

*Possible screens/projections

*Weasley Anglia drive-by

*and something BIG!
And don't forget:

*Both old Dragon load/unload platforms connected together into one continuous track

Also, the largish building is located behind Hogsmeade train station.

And the initial "BIG" comment was about the overall footprint for this thing. I mean it goes literally as far as it can on all sides along perimeter of area, even coming pretty close to the Hogwarts Express queue at one point. No space will be wasted.

And don't forget:

*Both old Dragon load/unload platforms connected together into one continuous track

Also, the largish building is located behind Hogsmeade train station.

And the initial "BIG" comment was about the overall footprint for this thing. I mean it goes literally as far as it can on all sides along perimeter of area, even coming pretty close to the Hogwarts Express queue at one point. No space will be wasted.

I'm interested in how well the transitions will go from building to outside. In Verbolten it's really awkward because you go from bright sunlight to dark forest right back to bright sunlight. I hope the ride deals with that well.

I think it’s Intamin.

I think it's definitely Intamin. When Dynamic Attractions hints something is happening, it's definitely not happening.

I'm interested in how well the transitions will go from building to outside. In Verbolten it's really awkward because you go from bright sunlight to dark forest right back to bright sunlight. I hope the ride deals with that well.
For at least one of them there's a little tunnel to ease you into the darkness ahead of time. Other times it'll make sense because you're entering different themed areas that are meant to be darker, one of which looks like you're supposed to be inside a structure anyway. If that makes any sense.

To recap:

*Multi launch terrain coaster

*Either Intamin or Dynamic Attractions

*reverse section

*multiple smaller showbuildings, one largish one.

*Possible screens/projections

*Weasley Anglia drive-by

*and something BIG!
With Kong, wasn't their once a rumor of Kong picking up the RV? Even it this was just speculation, I can see something like this for the Potter coaster, would work great to get the backwards section.

For at least one of them there's a little tunnel to ease you into the darkness ahead of time. Other times it'll make sense because you're entering different themed areas that are meant to be darker, one of which looks like you're supposed to be inside a structure anyway. If that makes any sense.

I'm really interested in what the actual storyline will be here. SOunds fascinating

Back to being excited for this. Sounds like a good mix of a couple coasters that I enjoy.

Look at TAron at Phantasialand for a newer low to the ground multiple launched Intamin. They do have drop tracks in the portfolio. Verbolten isn't an Intamin but a Zierer. It does load two trains at a time on busy days. It is loads of fun and mild enough for younger riders.

Low to ground, couple of hills, tunnels, ect, ect, ect. Missing reverse and/or drop track

Last edited:
Look at TAron at Phantasialand for a newer low to the ground multiple launched Intamin. They do have drop tracks in the portfolio. Verbolten isn't an Intamin but a Zierer. It does load two trains at a time on busy days. It is loads of fun and mild enough for younger riders.

Low to ground, couple of hills, tunnels, ect, ect, ect. Missing reverse and/or drop track

It probably won't go that high though. Just don't see that happening, especially if Uni doesn't want any ride track in view.

@AliciaStella Like this?

0220181255.jpg

I have no idea if it will contain a show scene or just split load and unload to the two different sides, but yes on how it will be connected. I'd love to see a scene in here, whether first scene or last, but it's probably just splitting load and unload.

It does look like there's more exterior queue, so I'd be all for using some of that building to add a scene or two at the start of the ride, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I have no idea if it will contain a show scene or just split load and unload to the two different sides, but yes on how it will be connected. I'd love to see a scene in here, whether first scene or last, but it's probably just splitting load and unload.

It does look like there's more exterior queue, so I'd be all for using some of that building to add a scene or two at the start of the ride, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The fact that this seems to have more than one scene makes me way more excited about this. The chatter around it made me think it wasn't going to have much of anything in the way of scenes, so even what you've hinted at so far has me excited.

The fact that this seems to have more than one scene makes me way more excited about this. The chatter around it made me think it wasn't going to have much of anything in the way of scenes, so even what you've hinted at so far has me excited.
There's definitely scenes, and a story, and even the outside bits will include "scenes" with at least 3 somethings outside worth seeing at different points of the ride.

Interior scene just after load makes sense, then at some point a second scene for the backwards section, a third scene to get us moving forward again, and then perhaps a fourth scene before unload.

This sounds like it might overthrow Forbidden Journey as the best ride in the park. So much for it not being a major attraction.
Let's not go too crazy. It is still just a coaster. A well-themed coaster that was designed specifically to be a Potter attraction rather than a lightly re-themed coaster, but a coaster nonetheless. FJ is still pretty amazing and would be hard to top.

That said. I love coasters.

Reactions: jtsalien
Status
Not open for further replies.