Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Never thought I’d say it, but thank goodness they’re opening that new Mickey ride too.
I mean it is and i'm really looking forward to it, but had GMR stuck around and Mickey been an expansion, it really would've helped. Now with Mickey, we're actually losing capacity. Sure GMR may have been running at much lower than it's theoretical hourly capacity due to lack of ridership, but once those Star Wars crowds hit, lack of ridership wouldn't have been an issue whatsoever and Mickey could've actually added to park capacity.

With the issues that others have mentioned, TSL honestly needed to have more attractions. Just adding two with one of them for certain being low capacity is just not going to help with the upcoming crowds. An' when you add in this is 11 acres and both budget cut -and- still over budget, it just feels like a waste.

If this was like DCA's A Bug's Land with 6 attractions added, I wouldn't have as much of a issue here as a good quantity of low capacity attractions would help out to a extent. But just two? That's not even going to be a Band-Aid.

It would have been pretty cool to have a classic dark ride hat could incorporate a lot of elements from all three movies. It would have added some necessary capacity and up the ride count. On top of everything else that was cut from the land to ‘shrink’ the budget.

Disney added 7am Extra Magic Hour openings for DHS for the entire month of July, and 10pm-12am EMH on Friday nights in addition.

[mod]Parody news.

Sorry I know this is rubbish, but it cracked me up so bad I had to share.

Disney Releases Height Requirements for Toy Story Land & Parents are FURIOUS “Launching” Potential Boycott!!

Just announced from Disney, Toy Story Land’s Slinky Dog Dash & Alien Swirling Saucers will feature controversial height requirements. SSD will be 38″ and ASS will be 32″ respectively. Parents have already chimed in and voiced their concerns that both attractions won’t be toddler friendly and will not be allowed for their children to “lap sit” on these attractions.

“With the Toy Story franchise primarily focusing on children under 30 inches; it defeats the purpose to even open up Andy’s backyard anymore!”, voiced Martha G. a mother of three and a fourth on the way. She then noted: “If Disney is going to continue to sheepishly introduce new family attractions and not include my entire family than I will have to take my business elsewhere.” Martha calls for other parents to boycott Toy Story Land and show that they support the lowering of the suggested safety height requirement.

Toy Story Land is scheduled to debut June 30th right before the busy July 4th Holiday week. Stay TOONED to this story as it develops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog

Disney Releases Height Requirements for Toy Story Land & Parents are FURIOUS “Launching” Potential Boycott!!

Just announced from Disney, Toy Story Land’s Slinky Dog Dash & Alien Swirling Saucers will feature controversial height requirements. SSD will be 38″ and ASS will be 32″ respectively. Parents have already chimed in and voiced their concerns that both attractions won’t be toddler friendly and will not be allowed for their children to “lap sit” on these attractions.

“With the Toy Story franchise primarily focusing on children under 30 inches; it defeats the purpose to even open up Andy’s backyard anymore!”, voiced Martha G. a mother of three and a fourth on the way. She then noted: “If Disney is going to continue to sheepishly introduce new family attractions and not include my entire family than I will have to take my business elsewhere.” Martha calls for other parents to boycott Toy Story Land and show that they support the lowering of the suggested safety height requirement.

Toy Story Land is scheduled to debut June 30th right before the busy July 4th Holiday week. Stay TOONED to this story as it develops.
You know, I understand completely why Universal does not cater to the Stroller Crowd. Who would want them, for all the trouble they're worth. Plus less strollers mean healthier shins for the rest of us. :)

AKA parents who hate the fact that having kids sometimes limits what you can do. I feel bad for those kids that their parents are bad role models.

Reactions: Quint

So this is what is causing a boycott? I figured it would be from charging full price for a park with four rides

“With the Toy Story franchise primarily focusing on children under 30 inches; it defeats the purpose to even open up Andy’s backyard anymore!”

When the last Toy Story movie came out, anyone too short to ride hadn't been born yet.

Reactions: UNIrd
So this is what is causing a boycott? I figured it would be from charging full price for a park with four rides
Good sarcasm....You know, I can't believe these parents that drag their babes in arms for 12 hour days in the hot humid Florida weather anyway. Those poor babies have to be uncomfortable and not real happy. I think it's more about the mom's wanting to do Disney than those little babies they drag around.

Good sarcasm....You know, I can't believe these parents that drag their babes in arms for 12 hour days in the hot humid Florida weather anyway. Those poor babies have to be uncomfortable and not real happy. I think it's more about the mom's wanting to do Disney than those little babies they drag around.
It was somewhat serious, there are certain things that people are ok with, but small things that they freak out about...strange

Reactions: Mad Dog
I mean... I don't agree with the outrageous nature what those people said, but I think most can agree DHS dropped the ball on this land in that it should have had not only more rides, but rides without a height requirement.

Reactions: jtsalien

Source?

Reactions: WAJAS
I mean... I don't agree with the outrageous nature what those people said, but I think most can agree DHS dropped the ball on this land in that it should have had not only more rides, but rides without a height requirement.
Yea a couple kiddie fair rides themed with Toy Story characters would have been nice. Like they have at the Sesame Street land at Busch Gardens or Happy Harbor in SeaWorld.

They could have RC Car spinner ride (little kids love things with steering wheels, even if they can't steer,) green army men paratroopers, a toy train on loop track, pretty much any kiddie rides with the characters would be nice. It's not like the backstory of Andy building a whip ride using alien toys he won at Pizza Planet makes any sense.