Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What currently announced project are you most excited about?

What currently announced project are you most excited about?

• Toy Story Land

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TBA Harry Pottter Coaster

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Star Wars Land

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Epcot

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Rat in Epcot

• TRON Cycle

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Nintendo World

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Fast and Furious

• Other: Please List

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo, and it ain't even close. SW will be great...eventually. But I imagine it will be a nightmare for a good 5 years, so until then I'm just not looking forward to it yet.

I'd say Potter coaster and Mickey ride are also high on my list.

But Nintendo is gonna have everything. A mindblowing, advanced dark ride that is the first thing since Forbidden Journey that has a chance to unseat Spider-Man for my favorite ride, a new coaster tech themed to the perfect property, and a high capacity third ride, something Uni has needed for a while. Not to mention all the interactive features and (hopefully) Potter-like merch.

I hate to break it to you, but the Guardians aren't real either. :whistle:
The Guardians project is far more real than Nintendo in Orlando at the moment. It's Happening now as Nintendo is not. It's difficult for me to be most excited for something so far off when there are other interesting projects happening!

The Guardians project is far more real than Nintendo in Orlando at the moment. It's Happening now as Nintendo is not. It's difficult for me to be most excited for something so far off when there are other interesting projects happening!

That's actually how I feel about the DC replacement, actually. Especially with everything building up in knowledge, that's sounding like a great addition for UOR that I have as what I'm most excited about, at this instance of time.

That's actually how I feel about the DC replacement, actually. Especially with everything building up in knowledge, that's sounding like a great addition for UOR that I have as what I'm most excited about, at this instance of time.
Completely understand. From the sound of some inside information, the new DC replacement actually could be an above expectation addition and Islands of Adventure could use it! UOR as a whole continues to expand and that is what we as fans need!

Its tough, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and I am a big Nintendo fan, but I feel like the new personal immersion possibilities for everything not just the rides sounds pretty cool. Plus Disney did a great job with Pandora which most people didn't care about.

I hope Nintendo is truly spectacular but will have to wait and see when it starts happening.

HP due to content & close completion date...... Love what GESWL should be, but realistically, with the DHS capacity problems and the ridiculous lines for Disney due to 26,000 on site hotel rooms and a bad fastpass system, there's no way I'm going to visit that land for a long time. Thus I'm not excited about something I probably won't see until 2023 or later. It's too far off.

Definitely this. I still haven't tried going to Pandora yet because of the lines.

Voted for SNW based on ride tech and content, next for me would be a tie between MMRR and SWGE. I am really intrigued about the projection mapping/shape shifting elements of MMRR as well as the content of SWL

Nintendo, and it ain't even close. SW will be great...eventually. But I imagine it will be a nightmare for a good 5 years, so until then I'm just not looking forward to it yet.

I'd say Potter coaster and Mickey ride are also high on my list.

But Nintendo is gonna have everything. A mindblowing, advanced dark ride that is the first thing since Forbidden Journey that has a chance to unseat Spider-Man for my favorite ride, a new coaster tech themed to the perfect property, and a high capacity third ride, something Uni has needed for a while. Not to mention all the interactive features and (hopefully) Potter-like merch.

BAH! I knew I was forgetting something!! If Mickey Train Ride is on your list, please select Other.

Thanks!

Same here. I'm skipping Pandora in May. I've been watching the lines on TP and it actually has been getting worse rather than better.

When I was there last month, they only had 2 theaters running. That's just unacceptable for a ride this popular. It needs to be running full steam in order for it not to be constantly a capacity nightmare. Thankfully I had a fast pass.

When I was there last month, they only had 2 theaters running. That's just unacceptable for a ride this popular. It needs to be running full steam in order for it not to be constantly a capacity nightmare. Thankfully I had a fast pass.
Yes. It seems the theater breakdowns are the norm rather than the exception. With capacity only apx. 1200 with all four theaters running, partially due to slow loading inherent with the nature of the attraction, it's as you say "unacceptable for a ride this popular". Another example of why it's incumbent for Disney or Universal to build E or D tickets that can handle at minimum 1800 riders per hour....I really wanted to see the land. I was one of the few that actually looked forward to the land years before it opened. But I just refuse to stand in long lines, or be aggravated trying to manipulate a fastpass, so it's a no go for me, probably for a couple of years. And a reason that, though I think GESWL will be excellent, the crowds will be too large for the land or park to handle, and I'm not excited about something that I know I won't want to go to in the near future due to long lines.

Got to go with the unique things.

So SW:GE slight edge over Nintendo > MMRR/Potter > GoTG

Everything else is here nor there, but people I think will really like and should still be eager for Tron. GoTG they are dumping so much money into, so who knows. Maybe it will exceed the low bar being set for it. Sort of like how Flight of Passage wasn't as exciting on paper as the final product was received.