Ticket Price Increase at Disney World | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Ticket Price Increase at Disney World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's all anecdotal evidence, so neither one of us can really prove our point. I just can't walk around the parks lately and feel like lines should be short. There's simply too many people. Specifically in your ST example, maybe RNRC went down. And now tons of people have to use a FP on something else. Or just simply the fact that there's literally nothing else to resere in that barren park right now.
Now that you mention it ToT was down most of that day. I think it’s probably a little of both the crowds are very crowded and the FP+ system is making things even worse.
Touring Plans have been talking about this a lot in the past two years. Though there has been a slight uptick in attendance, TP is speculating it's mainly caused by the staff & loading cuts/adjustments. Yes, it's crazy. You'd think any smart business would want people to have more free time to shop and eat, and thus spend more money. "My" personal guess is that Disney, besides wanting to cut labor costs, wants people to have to extend vacations so they can get the full ride experience, and maybe not have the time to make a side day trip to Universal.....And concerning fastpass,last year on my trip to the four Disney parks during the May so called off season, many of my fastpass waits were pretty long.
It seems to me like both the FP lines are extremely long and there are people wandering the streets with nothing to do. Maybe Disney is still getting that spending even though guests are waiting in lines. I think FP+ has reset guests expectations of only doing a handful of things in a day. So most guests end up waiting in 15-30 minute FP lines and maybe one or two 30 minutes to an hour line and then spend the rest of their time waiting to get in their FP lines.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think single day hoppers are already priced to never be actually bought. They just always have to take the leading edge ahead of all the other prices by the same margin.

I think single day hoppers are already priced to never be actually bought. They just always have to take the leading edge ahead of all the other prices by the same margin.
This.

While single day passes are certainly bought, they are priced as they are to make the park hoppers and multi-day passes look like a great deal in comparison. Thus, if you're looking at this ahead of time online, you're more likely to book a hotel stay on Universal property as well.

Reactions: Joel
This.

While single day passes are certainly bought, they are priced as they are to make the park hoppers and multi-day passes look like a great deal in comparison. Thus, if you're looking at this ahead of time online, you're more likely to book a hotel stay on Universal property as well.

Yeah, once you get to 3-4 days, its like hell, it's only another $30 to do another day. You end up using that to justify staying another night in $200 a night hotel.

Reactions: Joel
Yeah, once you get to 3-4 days, its like hell, it's only another $30 to do another day. You end up using that to justify staying another night in $200 a night hotel.
Someone should do an analysis on what ticket is truly the best value for people to get....1 day? 2days? Week?

I am uber curious, seriously