Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

Do we know what the occupancy is at DLP's hotels? I know they have about 7 already so if they were to add more they would need to make sure the hotel was going to be popular. I could definitely see the SWH as they have the land to play with, but i'm not sure how successful it would be in Paris.

Looking at it this way... wow. That is going to be a major change to the feel of this park (in a good way) once all is done.

Sort of reminds me slightly of Epcot's layout in how you will either turn left for Marvel, Right for TSL/Rat/Crush/etc and then a straightaway path towards a giant lagoon with different lands surrounding it (and likely a nighttime show taking place in the lagoon).

Here's a reverse angle from my hotel on my last trip which was weirdly a year ago today.

dlp hotel.jpg DSCN2790.jpg

What is that large U-shaped orange thing?

RC Racer.

2015-11-15_0234.jpg

Good fun but a capacity nightmare.

What is that large U-shaped orange thing?
RC Racer.

Orlando dodged a bullet by not getting it with their Toy Story Land imo. It's basically a Six Flags-type ride, extremely low capacity and can be seen from all over. It's a cheap thrills ride. Hopefully they tear it down someday.

RC Racer.

Orlando dodged a bullet by not getting it with their Toy Story Land imo. It's basically a Six Flags-type ride, extremely low capacity and can be seen from all over. It's a cheap thrills ride. Hopefully they tear it down someday.

Yes.:ack: It personifies ugliness and ruins the park sight lines.

Yes.:ack: It personifies ugliness and ruins the park sight lines.
RC Racer.

It fits the land perfectly and it's not as visible in the park as you'd expect. It may also be a cheap thrill but it's still a well themed fun coaster for what it is. I think RC Racer is also a better theme fora coaster than Slinky Dog. Capacity is the real issue and it's slightly too low capacity for WDS which draws in half the attendance that DHS does and that's before TSL and SWL even opens. If it ever came to DHS it would have the longest line in all of WDW.

It fits the land perfectly and it's not as visible in the park as you'd expect. It may also be a cheap thrill but it's still a well themed fun coaster for what it is. I think RC Racer is also a better theme fora coaster than Slinky Dog. Capacity is the real issue and it's slightly too low capacity for WDS which draws in half the attendance that DHS does and that's before TSL and SWL even opens. If it ever came to DHS it would have the longest line in all of WDW.
I think there are plenty of flat ride out there that could be made to fit whatever TSL is meant to be. Especially in DHS, which is right up against SWL, I would hope if they ever add more rides, they choose something that is not this :lol:

Plenty of flat rides in the world to choose from.

It's nowhere near as bad as any of you are making it out to be. It fits well with the toy story film and I'm not going to complain if Disney has an extra thrill ride. It's still nowhere near as big of an eyesore as the back of tot is anyway.

I think there are plenty of flat ride out there that could be made to fit whatever TSL is meant to be. Especially in DHS, which is right up against SWL, I would hope if they ever add more rides, they choose something that is not this :lol:

Plenty of flat rides in the world to choose from.

I hear you. :thumbsup:

It's nowhere near as bad as any of you are making it out to be. It fits well with the toy story film and I'm not going to complain if Disney has an extra thrill ride. It's still nowhere near as big of an eyesore as the back of tot is anyway.
The back of ToT can easily be fixed though. The ToT in Florida is themed in all directions and it wouldn't take that much work to do the same to the Paris one. RC Racer is always going to be like that until they remove it.

Have I been on RC Racer? No. But i've been on rides almost exactly like it and I would hardly call that type of ride much of a thrill ride. It's a halfpipe, you can only go so far on the track anyway which sort of makes it anti-climactic anyway.

I hear you. :thumbsup:

I'd still be wary of this as it's 80' tall and capacity is still really bad, but this would be more acceptable to me than RC Racer. A ride could easily fit right next to the entrance of the land at DHS.

The whole of TSL in Paris is a highly themed collection of poor flat rides lol. I’d walked through it quite a few times before I even noticed Andys footprints. There’s a great view of the park from the top of the parachute drop ride though. There were literally zero lines for any of the rides there on our last visit, and this was a couple of weeks before Xmas and the parks were very busy.

The back of ToT can easily be fixed though. The ToT in Florida is themed in all directions and it wouldn't take that much work to do the same to the Paris one. RC Racer is always going to be like that until they remove it.

Have I been on RC Racer? No. But i've been on rides almost exactly like it and I would hardly call that type of ride much of a thrill ride. It's a halfpipe, you can only go so far on the track anyway which sort of makes it anti-climactic anyway.

I'd still be wary of this as it's 80' tall and capacity is still really bad, but this would be more acceptable to me than RC Racer. A ride could easily fit right next to the entrance of the land at DHS.
It’s most similar to the pirate ship rides you get at travelling fairgrounds. No thrills, just make you feel nauseous

The idea was talked about a while back on the MSHI thread about adding a Marvel hotel based on Stark Tower. This could maybe become a reality here as the Marvel land has a lot of space for expansion and if the New York hotel has a good success with the Marvel retheme, it could be a good proof of concept. Plus DLP knows about incorporating hotels in their parks.

Star Wars hotel could also be an option.
Both of those could work very easily, but DLP needs to seriously up its capacity before adding more hotels. They’re struggling to fill the existing ones, especially after the last price increase and simultaneously stopping the included breakfasts. But the new breakfast options in the sequoia lodge are far superior to the old continental one they previously offered

Both of those could work very easily, but DLP needs to seriously up its capacity before adding more hotels. They’re struggling to fill the existing ones, especially after the last price increase and simultaneously stopping the included breakfasts. But the new breakfast options in the sequoia lodge are far superior to the old continental one they previously offered
You have to remember that something like a Star Wars Hotel would be EXTREMELY limited in the amount of rooms. We're talking like somewhere around 50.

It’s most similar to the pirate ship rides you get at travelling fairgrounds. No thrills, just make you feel nauseous
Yup, that's what came to mind for me. I actually enjoy though more since there's no clear end of the track. Still not a ride that I think belongs in a Disney or Universal park.

I can’t see anything major being added to TSL once it opens.

I think DHS has much bigger things coming.

I can’t see anything major being added to TSL once it opens.

I think DHS has much bigger things coming.
I really wouldn't consider a flat ride major. More like a quick fix to a low capacity land. I agree though that the park has much bigger issues to deal with.

This isn't the thread to be talking about DHS and it's issues though.

The lake is a really interesting choice. The concept art makes it look like there's a lot of dead space around the lake. The main walkway to the lake is mostly dead. Besides Frozen, there isn't a ton of stuff around that lake.

The lake is a really interesting choice. The concept art makes it look like there's a lot of dead space around the lake. The main walkway to the lake is mostly dead. Besides Frozen, there isn't a ton of stuff around that lake.
As long as there's expansion space (which it looks like there will be), I don't see an issue. It's basically double the acreage of the park, which is a big thing when they look at future expansion beyond this. Think of it as World showcase, but with fictional worlds.

I could easily see something Indiana Jones going out there and maybe Pandora as well (only if the Avatar sequels do well).