Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

The new layout is a smaller Epcot. Almost to a T

Future world east and west as toy story and marvel. And SWL and frozen as world showcase.

I was gonna mention that. The park looks as if Disney will leave empty spaces in between lands (like world showcase) if they want to add an IP. So World Showcase, but IP lands instead.

I'd rather there be empty plots for them to expand to than to not have room to expand. Will it have the feel of an unfinished park? Of course, but it will still be a vast improvement over what the park currently looks like.

Oh, and I meant to mention that Martin has said that the Tram tour may not be going.

RC Racer.
Orlando dodged a bullet by not getting it with their Toy Story Land imo. It's basically a Six Flags-type ride, extremely low capacity and can be seen from all over. It's a cheap thrills ride. Hopefully they tear it down someday.

Tear it down? They're not even done adding it to parks. It's going to be a capacity nightmare at Shanghai but I imagine Disney doesn't care anymore since they're charging for FPs there now.

I had a view of the one at HKDL when I stayed at the Hollywood Hotel. :lol:

Tear it down? They're not even done adding it to parks. It's going to be a capacity nightmare at Shanghai but I imagine Disney doesn't care anymore since they're charging for FPs there now.

I had a view of the one at HKDL when I stayed at the Hollywood Hotel. :lol:
I said someday :lol:

Will WDSP need more expansion after this? Absolutely. But it's still something that i'd like to see be replaced by another, less intrusive flat ride.

The lake is a really interesting choice. The concept art makes it look like there's a lot of dead space around the lake. The main walkway to the lake is mostly dead. Besides Frozen, there isn't a ton of stuff around that lake.

It’s not. Remember the amount of backstage areas that will be needed are forests/open areas in this concept art.

It’s not. Remember the amount of backstage areas that will be needed are forests/open areas in this concept art.

There’s loads of space behind those lands for backstage areas as well
Yeah, I expect backstage areas of this stuff to be like World Showcase where it's all behind the pavilion, especially given the vast amount of room WDSP has to work with. The green spaces may be temporarily used as backstage, but will definitely be on-stage one day.

Just like at this aerial from one of @Marni1971's videos. They have a TON of land to play with.
bzdyPT3.jpg

And that's just land currently outside of the park boundaries. There's still a decent amount of dead space within the existing park as is that can be repurposed.

Yeah, I expect backstage areas of this stuff to be like World Showcase where it's all behind the pavilion, especially given the vast amount of room WDSP has to work with. The green spaces may be temporarily used as backstage, but will definitely be on-stage one day.

Just like at this aerial from one of @Marni1971's videos. They have a TON of land to play with.
bzdyPT3.jpg

And that's just land currently outside of the park boundaries. There's still a decent amount of dead space within the existing park as is that can be repurposed.

I'm assuming that's an old map because there's a hotel/condos being built within that red area, it might even be finished and TSL and Ratatouille isn't built on that map either.

dlp map.jpg

I'm assuming that's an old map because there's a hotel/condos being built within that red area, it might even be finished and TSL and Ratatouille isn't built on that map either.

View attachment 6157
Huh, interesting. He just posted the photo yesterday as reference so I assumed I didn't have to go to google maps and check.

Even still, there's a lot of land there.

Huh, interesting. He just posted the photo yesterday as reference so I assumed I didn't have to go to google maps and check.

Even still, there's a lot of land there.

As far as I can tell, the map is from May 2004 but it doesn't really matter. There is a ridiculous amount of land and I assume that Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong have a similar amount of land to expand into after learning their lessons from building DL.

As far as I can tell, the map is from May 2004 but it doesn't really matter. There is a ridiculous amount of land and I assume that Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong have a similar amount of land to expand into after learning their lessons from building DL.
Hong Kong easily has room for a second park. Tokyo honestly is like DL and DCA where both are up against each other and not much room for expansion. They do have a surface lot though instead of garages so that's always a way to expand.

As to Shanghai, I have no idea what they have there as far as land, but the resort is majority owned by the Chinese government so I assume if they need land they'll get it. I believe there's a lot of room for expansion though.

Hong Kong easily has room for a second park. Tokyo honestly is like DL and DCA where both are up against each other and not much room for expansion. They do have a surface lot though instead of garages so that's always a way to expand.

As to Shanghai, I have no idea what they have there as far as land, but the resort is majority owned by the Chinese government so I assume if they need land they'll get it. I believe there's a lot of room for expansion though.

Shanghai was designed with a second gate in mind. Plenty of room,
shanghaidisney.png

They just had an info dump over on Magic. Here's the gist:

Marvel opens first, by 2021 (which would mean that they'd beat HK to the punch if they are indeed stealing their headliner).
Frozen's next, and apparently the peak of the Frozen area will be the tallest point in WDSP. It was supposed to be in Disneyland Parc as a single ride, but got bumped up to being a whole land for WDSP.
Star Wars is last, just in time for the Olympics, and definitely includes Battle Escape.
Some variation of Mater's is joining their TSL.

Disneyland Parc is getting a new E-Ticket for Adventureland.

I'm confused...are there two separate theme parks in France? I'm seeing a bunch of different names...Disneyland Parc, Disney Studios Paris, Walt Disney Studios Paris, Disneyland Paris...

Marvel opens first, by 2021 (which would mean that they'd beat HK to the punch if they are indeed stealing their headliner).
I do not believe they will have the Avengers E-Ticket ready for 2021 as it's going where LMA is. That means they still have to bulldoze the site and then prep for construction like they did at DHS.

When they say "Marvel" I think they mean the RNRC change and other aesthetic changes to the sad little backlot area. Also little things like retheming gift shops in that area to Marvel and quick services (currently Blockbuster Cafe) to Marvel.

I don't see the E-Ticket coming until pretty much 2022 at the earliest.

Yes two parks
Walt Disney Studios & Disneyland Park
Disneyland Paris refers to the whole thing (like WDW)
There’s also a Disney springs equivalent called Disney village
Although it should be noted that Disney's deal with the French government says that that must have a Third Park started by 2030 (currently). I have a feeling that that date will be pushed back, as it has already in the past, since Disney is investing so much in WDSP.

As to questions on if there's room for a third park - yes, over by the Sequoia Lodge is where it would go.

Although it should be noted that Disney's deal with the French government says that that must have a Third Park started by 2030 (currently). I have a feeling that that date will be pushed back, as it has already in the past, since Disney is investing so much in WDSP.

As to questions on if there's room for a third park - yes, over by the Sequoia Lodge is where it would go.

Could an indoor water park count as a third park?

Could an indoor water park count as a third park?
I have no idea if it would count or not. I do know the question has been asked and I never seem to hear an actual answer because people always shutdown the idea of a water park in Paris. I do think an indoor one could work, but an indoor water park would require an insane amount of maintenance though and are known for being fairly nasty