Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Why a queue redesign? This one came out of left field. What was the need and why spend the money on this??? Does it have to do with adding additional queue space? That is the only thing I can think of!

Here are two other possibilities I can think of.

1. Have a better queue to improve the guest experience.

2. Modify the queue to make room for nearby theme park expansion.

There are two are other possibilities I can think of.

If there were to be theme park expansion in this area, then the Tour Loading would be moved entirely to a new location. My only guess is that they are attempting to eliminate the extended line from going up the escalator and into Springfield. Could be a fire Marshall issue.

There are two are other possibilities I can think of.

To be honest, I can see this more as a WW scenario, modifying the queue to add more capacity.

Either way, I suspect that this won't be done until March.

I hadn't been to the park in 7 years. Can anyone tell me what happened to the Icy Tunnel/Mummy's Tomb, collapsing bridge, and the parting of the Red Sea? I was surprised when the tour did not use these and it felt super short.

Fast and the Furious managed to somehow be more annoying than the dancing cars.

Fast and Furious Supercharged directly replaced the Mummy's Tomb, built right on top of it. The collapsing bridge is technically still there, but unused; King Kong 360 3D is directly adjacent to it and the tour goes through there instead. About a year and a half ago, the studio announced plans to fill in Park Lake and build 10-12 new soundstages on the land so they could expand the Lower Lot of the theme park, so the Red Sea effect got thrown out with the lake water, so to speak.

Funnily enough, the Dancing Cars are still there, but the tour just goes right past them. I've seen them use it for spare tram storage.

Is the tour plaza ever going to get moved downstairs? I’m starting to doubt it will be anytime soon.
Here are two other possibilities I can think of.

I’ve heard this for a very very long time, but now I’m hearing that any Harry Potter expansion will come sometime in the future or even sooner. Its going to take over the studio tour lot or some part of it.

I’ve heard this for a very very long time, but now I’m hearing that any Harry Potter expansion will come sometime in the future or even sooner. Its going to take over the studio tour lot or some part of it.
I really really really hope we get the new coaster IoA is getting. It really sounds like something USH could use in Mummy’s absence. The tour plaza would be a great place to put it.

I would rather have that than Diagon, but I won’t complain if we get both. :)

Does that mean Loading/Unloading or a part of the actual backlot? Because those could mean two very different things for the longevity of the resort.

I really really really hope we get the new coaster IoA is getting. It really sounds like something USH could use in Mummy’s absence. The tour plaza would be a great place to put it.

I would rather have that than Diagon, but I won’t complain if we get both. :)

With a multilaunch coaster, they could actually use the hillsides for the majority of the ride.

So on facebook some people were saying there was some interesting things filmed on the backlot that was visible from the tram tour. (They did not divert the tram tour so that some of this filming was visible) So apparently there was a large pteranadon maquette in the 'city' area of the backlot that they use (or claim they use) for background locations for a lot of films/shows.

Does anyone know what was filming supposedly on the backlot yesterday? I know they usually say on the chalkboard or whatever whats filming that day.

So on facebook some people were saying there was some interesting things filmed on the backlot that was visible from the tram tour. (They did not divert the tram tour so that some of this filming was visible) So apparently there was a large pteranadon maquette in the 'city' area of the backlot that they use (or claim they use) for background locations for a lot of films/shows.

Does anyone know what was filming supposedly on the backlot yesterday? I know they usually say on the chalkboard or whatever whats filming that day.

Just spoke around, American Ninja Warrior is actually doing taping's more or less.

Just spoke around, American Ninja Warrior is actually doing taping's more or less.

Ah makes sense, I went back and looked at the picture and the pylon that the pteranadon was standing on in the pictures...is an exact match to these that are typically used for american ninja warrior. (Same bar pattern, etc) So thats what it could be, a themed episode of some kind.

Ah makes sense, I went back and looked at the picture and the pylon that the pteranadon was standing on in the pictures...is an exact match to these that are typically used for american ninja warrior. (Same bar pattern, etc) So thats what it could be, a themed episode of some kind.

Perhaps they are doing a Fallen Kingdom themed episode in the taping?

Either way, production goes full from the 6th to the 8th.

Perhaps they are doing a Fallen Kingdom themed episode in the taping?

Either way, production goes full from the 6th to the 8th.

That makes sense...if they were setting up yesterday and today and filming for the 6th and the 8th...because I know these sets take a lot of time to manage either way. So it could be a themed episode for fallen kingdom, we're only three months away after all.

The part of the Studio Tour queue that was under refurbishment got new flatscreen TVs and speakers. Speakers have also been placed above you like in the Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem queue.

Something new I noticed on Fast and Furious, they badly redubbed agent Novaks voice when he is trying to arrest Roman, but the dialogue appears to be the same.

One of my friends is a studio tour guide and they said that the dialogue is subtly different. In the original, Novak tells Roman to get on the ground, whereas now Novak just tells Roman that he's under arrest. According to my friend, Universal wanted to avoid certain cultural connotations surrounding the idea of a law enforcement officer holding a black man a gun point and telling him to get on the ground.

This is not the first time they've done something like this. Last October, Orlando changed the dialogue in their Bill and Ted show (Where death shows up at music festival and threatens to kill everyone in the audience) after the Las Vegas shooting.