Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When Disney announced the Epcot Overhaul at D23 complete with nonsensical concept art, they had, like, 12% of a plan.

(Insert fake laugh)
Yup, just announced to make a splash, which is why most things are opening so far out. From what I heard, they were literally discussing what to announce (and what what to wait on) not too long before Chapek stepped on stage.

Reactions: Disneyhead
When Disney announced the Epcot Overhaul at D23 complete with nonsensical concept art, they had, like, 12% of a plan.

Wait, 12 percent?!

giphy.gif

Pay no attention to the wizard down the street

And the plumber, if you want to count him into that discussion.

The Odyssey building is undergoing a "light remodel" right now, being turned into a more permanent temporary usage space for festivals, dining, meet & greets, or whatever they need it to be. One of the biggest changes will be windows you can see through better, to make you wanna come in when things are going on.

Disney World: Epcot's Odyssey in remodeling mode - Orlando Sentinel

Could this be more evidence that the Wonders of Life pavilion will no longer be a festival space? Maybe?

Reactions: SeventyOne
New Disney Dish has Jim Hill saying Wonders of Life is supposedly being eyed for Wakanda/Black Panther attraction, possibly reusing the dome structure already there as the invisible barrier featured in the movie. Black Panther is so deep with the Avengerss/Fantastic Four families I would think Universal has dibs though.

Then again, I never expected the Guardians of the Galaxy to be at WDW either so idk anymore.

The Odyssey building is undergoing a "light remodel" right now, being turned into a more permanent temporary usage space for festivals, dining, meet & greets, or whatever they need it to be. One of the biggest changes will be windows you can see through better, to make you wanna come in when things are going on.

Disney World: Epcot's Odyssey in remodeling mode - Orlando Sentinel

Could this be more evidence that the Wonders of Life pavilion will no longer be a festival space? Maybe?
When you walk in there it feels like you have been transported back in time - super weird

New Disney Dish has Jim Hill saying Wonders of Life is supposedly being eyed for Wakanda/Black Panther attraction, possibly reusing the dome structure already there as the invisible barrier featured in the movie. Black Panther is so deep with the Avengerss/Fantastic Four families I would think Universal has dibs though.

Then again, I never expected the Guardians of the Galaxy to be at WDW either so idk anymore.

In The Loop actually went to Marvel Superhero Island to check if Black Panther was featured in any of the material used in the area, outside of merch, and he is actually seen in the park.

upload_2018-3-6_15-40-46.png

My guess that comes out of it, if it is something legitimately in the talks of plausibility, The Walt Disney Company; Marvel Entertainment/Marvel Studios; NBCUniversal/Comcast; and Universal Creative would have to hash out a deal to ensure that they can use Black Panther at Walt Disney World, at a reasonable fee.

In The Loop actually went to Marvel Superhero Island to check if Black Panther was featured in any of the material used in the area, outside of merch, and he is actually seen in the park.

View attachment 6184

My guess that comes out of it, if it is something legitimately in the talks of plausibility, The Walt Disney Company; Marvel Entertainment/Marvel Studios; NBCUniversal/Comcast; and Universal Creative would have to hash out a deal to ensure that they can use Black Panther at Walt Disney World, at a reasonable fee.
And since we did not get a meet and greet here at WDW, my guess is that talk has not yet occurred.

View attachment 6184

Make sense. I can’t imagine what any kind of reasonable fee would be though. The only way I see ever Universal handing over the golden goose is if they really believe Black Panther isn’t covered by the contract, at that point it’s better to get something than lose him in a legal battle.

More specific to Epcot, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d rather have Wakanda as a World Showcase pavilion than in future world. I’ve given up on keeping the spirit of Epcot alive, so at this point I’ll just settle for thematic cohesion when it comes to IPs.

Make sense. I can’t imagine what any kind of reasonable fee would be though. The only way I see ever Universal handing over the golden goose is if they really believe Black Panther isn’t covered by the contract, at that point it’s better to get something than lose him in a legal battle.

More specific to Epcot, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d rather have Wakanda as a World Showcase pavilion than in future world. I’ve given up on keeping the spirit of Epcot alive, so at this point I’ll just settle for thematic cohesion when it comes to IPs.

Honestly, I'd rather have Wakanda replace Dinoland USA as opposed to having it replace an Epcot pavilion.

Reactions: Ashhanbre