Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does Epcot really need 3 simulators?

Already have Soarin and Space. We don’t need another one. What is this USF? ;)

I see it differently. If you turn off the screen, Soarin and Space are still somewhat thrilling. For Soarin you’re up high with you feet dangling and on Misson Space you’re being spun quickly. The vehicles and experience are so unique and different that it doesn’t really bother me. Not so much at USF (except Gringotts).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Says it all opinion, then proceeds to say his opinions are facts....
Nope, I never said that. Read again my friend.

Changing the subject, but keeping it related to topic. What would everyones dream of a NEW updated EPCOT park would be? Please don't choose extinct attractions like Horizons. If you hate Guardians and Frozen, what would be your NEW replacements for energy and malestrom(yes you had to replace it).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I think that the defense of IPs is silly. What are some of Disney's most classical rides? Original rides based solely off the Imagination of Disney Imagineers, and nothing else. I understand that some great Disney rides are based off of IPs (i.e. Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Indiana Jones) but how long will those stay? Movies don't stick around forever. The fans will come and go, the popularity will surge and fade. I get that movies like Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy are popular, but for how long? Instead of having the mindset that Disney needs to build rides that will bring in guests, Disney needs to build rides that will be great because of what it is. Not what it's based off of. Disney is already popular. People are going to come for anything.
The best Disney is when they can make something that resonates.

I think that the defense of IPs is silly. What are some of Disney's most classical rides? Original rides based solely off the Imagination of Disney Imagineers, and nothing else. I understand that some great Disney rides are based off of IPs (i.e. Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Indiana Jones) but how long will those stay? Movies don't stick around forever. The fans will come and go, the popularity will surge and fade. I get that movies like Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy are popular, but for how long? Instead of having the mindset that Disney needs to build rides that will bring in guests, Disney needs to build rides that will be great because of what it is. Not what it's based off of. Disney is already popular. People are going to come for anything.
The best Disney is when they can make something that resonates.

Considering the rest of the Disney Princesses are still very, very popular. I think Frozen will be around forever.

Guardians of the Galaxy? Maybe not so much.

Reactions: tankart150
I just don't think Frozen is a timeless movie. It's being pushed so hard, it seems more like a fad (Or a passing fever).

I disagree completely. Cartoons age way less than regular films do. It's possible that in a few years, the consumer demand will weaken, but in another 10-20 years, when the kids of today have grown, the nostalgia factor will be strong.

You also forget that a sequel is on the way...

Also, I thought Frozen was a great film. They just milked it to death. Once they stop milking it, the film still holds up. Good Music, characters, and story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I thought Frozen was a great film. They just milked it to death. Once they stop milking it, the film still holds up. Good Music, characters, and story.

I think that was the problem with a lot of people, even fans of the film. I also think the Frozen Ever After the announcement came in the midst of Disney announcing everything Frozen at the parks (Frozen Summer Fun, Frozen Sing-Along, Frozen at Blizzard Beach, etc..) - and not to mention the whole "it's an overlay?" issue.