Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Silver Dollar City

Well we are on our way home. Really enjoyed Branson as a whole, but really liked Silver Dollar City.

My daughter rode Powderkeg 4 times and Thunderation 11 times. Loved the the ming of the park, the cave tours, the food, the demonstrations were really cool, and the other rides. There was things here and there I would improve, but overall it was cool.

We said this would be an every 5 year trip. But I think next time we would fly and not drive. The drive is a killer. I think next I want to try Pigeon Forge and do Dollywood.

If you like SDC, Dollywood is a must. Their Firechaser Express coaster is essentially a more family friendly version of Powder Keg (I prefer it because I think the effects are a bit better). I have yet to get to ride Lightning Rod (it was closed when we went through), but I have heard good things from the few I know who got to give it a shot.

The atmosphere of Dollywood is similar to SDC as they have equal quality in food, shows, and demonstrations.

Well we are on our way home. Really enjoyed Branson as a whole, but really liked Silver Dollar City.

My daughter rode Powderkeg 4 times and Thunderation 11 times. Loved the the ming of the park, the cave tours, the food, the demonstrations were really cool, and the other rides. There was things here and there I would improve, but overall it was cool.

We said this would be an every 5 year trip. But I think next time we would fly and not drive. The drive is a killer. I think next I want to try Pigeon Forge and do Dollywood.

Allegiant into XNA(Northwest Arkansas) or Springfield from Stanford. Maybe Spirit by then to BKG from MCO.

How did you come up? I'm curious.

Allegiant into XNA(Northwest Arkansas) or Springfield from Stanford. Maybe Spirit by then to BKG from MCO.

How did you come up? I'm curious.

We went thru Huntsville on the way up Chattanooga on the way back. We did the space center for a couple hours before continuing up.

Silver Dollar City seems to be getting the first Mack launched extreme spinning coaster wit multiple inversions.

We saw Mack test a spinning car on Blue Fire at Europa via Youtube. This seems to be the first built off that testing. Construction is well underway but will not be open till 2018 looks to have tunnels and stuff.

Silver Dollar City seems to be getting the first Mack launched extreme spinning coaster wit multiple inversions.

We saw Mack test a spinning car on Blue Fire at Europa via Youtube. This seems to be the first built off that testing. Construction is well underway but will not be open till 2018 looks to have tunnels and stuff.

Looks like a drop straight out of the station. Coud we be seeing Mack's first Dive coaster that actually spins as well? I think I spy a show house down and to the left as well that is a bit Firechaser at Dollywood . It was rumored to have a couple of launches in the course.
resized2.jpg

This looks phenomenal. I hope it means more Mack spinning coasters like this are in the pipeline. I definitely wouldn't mind one of those here at Great Adventure. (but can we also just appreciate how extra that video was :lol:)

Sounds nauseating. But I hope Dollywood adds a spinning coaster too.

Sounds nauseating. But I hope Dollywood adds a spinning coaster too.
You are almost guaranteed that Dollywood will be getting a Mack. Herschend has always bought in twos for the the two big parks. The only thing that threw this off was the Great Recession and the shuttering of Celebration Station which cost Branson it's GCI and the delayed the Gerstlauer. It allowed SDC to decide against another eurofighter and somehow Dollywood got both to bridge the gap from not having a launch type coaster

Two B&Ms
Two Arrows
Two Mack splash battles
Two river raft rides
Two S&S giant swings
Two RMC'S
Two GCI's
Ect, ect, ect

People tend to think Dollywood is the favorite but the company has spent about equal on the dry parks. Branson's water park is a huge let down and we can not figure out why they are letting it fall behind.

Herchend still has the Celebration City site and it would make for a great new resort and waterpark location, but when?

Back to that Mack, it is being overlooked and it wasn't promoted but half the riders are doing 100 ft, 90° vertical drop BACKWARDS.

You are almost guaranteed that Dollywood will be getting a Mack. Herschend has always bought in twos for the the two big parks. The only thing that threw this off was the Great Recession and the shuttering of Celebration Station which cost Branson it's GCI and the delayed the Gerstlauer. It allowed SDC to decide against another eurofighter and somehow Dollywood got both to bridge the gap from not having a launch type coaster

Two B&Ms
Two Arrows
Two Mack splash battles
Two river raft rides
Two S&S giant swings
Two RMC'S
Two GCI's
Ect, ect, ect

People tend to think Dollywood is the favorite but the company has spent about equal on the dry parks. Branson's water park is a huge let down and we can not figure out why they are letting it fall behind.

Herchend still has the Celebration City site and it would make for a great new resort and waterpark location, but when?

Back to that Mack, it is being overlooked and it wasn't promoted but half the riders are doing 100 ft, 90° vertical drop BACKWARDS.
the spinning is too much for me, but that is indeed pretty awesome.
o

Thomas really stressed after the presentation to people that the spinning is much more controlled than the animation shows. That he rode the Blue Fire test car and they had Mack control it much better.

WI'll not be leafed out yet and in full on in the Woods mode for a couple of weeks nor will all the shops and shows be going on but enjoy.

Some folks are mighty impressed with the new mountain coaster that's opened up on the strip.

WI'll not be leafed out yet and in full on in the Woods mode for a couple of weeks nor will all the shops and shows be going on but enjoy.

Some folks are mighty impressed with the new mountain coaster that's opened up on the strip.

We're planning on checking those out. See if we can get Banks Lee on one!

Time Traveler looks stellar. They really knocked it out of the park with the theming on this one. Really makes me want to get over to SDC for the first time.