Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s only like 3 episodes from Black Mirror that could even give house material.

True; it seems like something they’d do an original-IP rip-off original maze type of property. Just wondering what else from Netflix we could potentially get after Stranger Things(which btw they can’t exactly bring it back for 29 since S3 comes out mid-event)

Just a thought but if Stranger Things goes over pretty well this year does that mean HHN could potentially get access to other popular Netflix horror IP’s like Black Mirror?
IP selection isn’t that forward-thinking. The thought process is “Is this IP something we can work with and is it worth going after?” If Universal thinks Netflix has anything else they can work with that’s worth going after, then there’s a chance.

Looking at Netflix’s library, everything besides Stranger Things has strikes against them.

As an aside, certain media (like video games) may be something Universal can work with, but it hasn’t been deemed worth going after.

True; it seems like something they’d do an original-IP rip-off original maze type of property. Just wondering what else from Netflix we could potentially get after Stranger Things(which btw they can’t exactly bring it back for 29 since S3 comes out mid-event)
Or they could not do it at all.

Also S3 of Stranger Things isn’t coming out this year so it definitely won’t be back for 29

Surely it stands to reason that season 1 of stranger things will be this year, then season 2 for HHN29, then obviously season 3 for HHN30.
I like that idea. Stand up demogorden this year, demodogs next. Plus they can do the Xmas lights set this year, tunnels next. I like the idea of doing it like that. Like the Halloween 1 and 2 houses.

Reactions: Joel and MartyMcFly
Just gonna put out a suggestion here. What about A Quiet Place? It might be a little hard to keep guests quiet, but the movie is getting rave reviews.
It's getting rave reviews now, three months after the IP shortlist was locked in. It didn't win it's opening weekend, so it doesn't have surprise success that would let it budge something off the list. By the time October rolls around, it'll be essentially forgotten.

So... doubtful. Exceedingly doubtful.

Whatever the case is, I just hope we don't have to see Purge in any capacity. Give me all original zones plz (replacements like Survive or Die don't count), which I'd like to think we'd have in the case of a 7/2 house split.

Hopefully they stay clear of the Purge this year, with AHS Cult they at least can avoid the political content while for The First Purge it seems to be verrryyy hard to avoid the politicalness. Plus it seems like they already locked all of the IP’s so there’s really nothing that could stop them from coming

Hopefully they stay clear of the Purge this year, with AHS Cult they at least can avoid the political content while for The First Purge it seems to be verrryyy hard to avoid the politicalness. Plus it seems like they already locked all of the IP’s so there’s really nothing that could stop them from coming

Worst case scenario is they bring back that same zone. Gimme a Chernobyl NGs zone!

If the rumored IPs are the ones being used, A&D can easily make the original content around an overlapping theme.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
It might be a re-tread of Dead Man's Wharf, but I'd like to see a scarezone based on The Fog. They already have a fun 80's theme (if leaked stuff is true) and two Carpenter properties.

I hope the music in the park also has an 80's theme, even if some is just inspired by 80's stuff.

I also thought an Escape From New York scarezone would be awesome, but that would likely include a lot of guns and I really don't think the time is right for that.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It might be a re-tread of Dead Man's Wharf, but I'd like to see a scarezone based on The Fog. They already have a fun 80's theme (if leaked stuff is true) and two Carpenter properties.

I hope the music in the park also has an 80's theme, even if some is just inspired by 80's stuff.

I also thought an Escape From New York scarezone would be awesome, but that would likely include a lot of guns and I really don't think the time is right for that.

Which, in itself, was a scare-zone version of Forsaken (which is probably why most didn't like it as much as I did).

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I really hope Trick ‘r Treat does well as a house. If they put it in the Parade Building it’s probably not gonna do well since the last cult property there bombed(hi AvED). But yeah they already have most of the props and costumes and if the sets deliver it could be the dark horse maze of HHN28