Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tower of Terror

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but the general consensus seems to be that fans would have a hysterical fit should Disney add Guardians to the FL Tower. A giant space tower would look really out of place in an area that is themed to Los Angeles. Besides, the 5th dimension scene wouldn't really work with the plot that was developed for the CA version and would require a massive story change.

I would imagine if they replaced Tower of Terror with an IP like Guardians, the reaction not just from Disney fans, but the general public, would be alienating and problematic for Disney.

That said, it does need change, but changing it to an IP isn't the answer in this situation.

Especially since Guardians is coming to Epcot.

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but the general consensus seems to be that fans would have a hysterical fit should Disney add Guardians to the FL Tower. A giant space tower would look really out of place in an area that is themed to Los Angeles. Besides, the 5th dimension scene wouldn't really work with the plot that was developed for the CA version and would require a massive story change.

Which is why I am actually more for an original concept, as they wouldn't have to be limited for that scene.

Let's say it's essentially bringing the story of Hightower Hotel to DHS, there is enough to work with already with the African idol of Shiriki Utandu and making it almost as if the idol has pulled you into another plain of existance. With the wire track, that may be the chance to expand it further, to make it improving the TDS version while still being highly unique.

Potter I think is the only multipark IP (parks that are geographically close together) but what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander. I think they go the TDS (Tokyo Disney Sea) route and do Hotel Hightower and leave the IP out of it. Besides what IP out there could you really use that would fit the theme and wouldn't be out of place?
Edit: @AlexanderMBush beat me to it lol

Potter I think is the only multipark IP (parks that are geographically close together) but what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander. I think they go the TDS (Tokyo Disney Sea) route and do Hotel Hightower and leave the IP out of it. Besides what IP out there could you really use that would fit the theme and wouldn't be out of place?

The only Marvel IP I could see come close, is Doctor Strange remarkably, but even then, I don't want it shoehorned into Tower.

The only Marvel IP I could see come close, is Doctor Strange remarkably, but even then, I don't want it shoehorned into Tower.
Would they even be able to use Doctor Strange as that's Marvel? I agree I don't want something shoehorned in I would rather have something like TZ (Twilight Zone) where it's seamless and actually adds to the story.

Would they even be able to use Doctor Strange as that's Marvel? I agree I don't want something shoehorned in I would rather have something like TZ (Twilight Zone) where it's seamless and actually adds to the story.

Doctor Strange was used actually back in late 2016, and seemed to border very close to the "not allowed" game, because of referencing I think Spider-Man in one of the M&G props (that was changed almost immediately).

Yeah, they had Doctor Strange do meet and greets. So yes they can use him.

That doesn't matter.

Actually, there does.

Guardians of The Galaxy at Epcot, is going to be a massive endeavor, costing probably more than 400 million (Unless anyone else says otherwise, I fully believe Disney is going to waste as much freaking money as possible) dollars USD, and that if they would do that, they would be having it next year as opposed to the rumored changes coming to Walt Disney Studios Paris and Disney Hollywood Studios Tower of Terror's.

And even then, you deal with the matter that it'd be far more alienating than the DCA version, for both parks, due to the fact that both of them are icons for their own respected parks. The shades of red that the people would think, from Disney fans to the general public, would be probably massive.

Doctor Strange was used actually back in late 2016, and seemed to border very close to the "not allowed" game, because of referencing I think Spider-Man in one of the M&G props (that was changed almost immediately).
There was an actual stand with a Daily Bugle prop, which was really pushing it I thought. However it remained for the entire month that Dr. Strange was scheduled to do his M&G.

Thank you so much for your insight. I do understand the plot, yet always overthinks things.
Also in the 4th dimension your actually supposed to be on your back facing upwards (the starfield being the sky) but the effect transitioning was never completed. Noticed the lights on the walls are sideways. So you're supposed to have exited the shaft floating up towards the sky.

costing probably more than 400 million

Ever since MyMagic+, I've been thinking Disney attraction budgets include a heck of a lot more than just the attraction.

The estimated cost of MyMagic+ kept ballooning and ballooning (by 1B+) until Disney used it to force Tom Staggs out. That just tells me that the accountants figured out that the best political move would be to take every bad/unprofitable project and put it under the MyMagic+ budget line. Staggs would then take the blame for "MyMagic+", which at this point was basically everything in the resort, and then life would move on.

There's no way that Guardians will cost 400M+. But, if you do some creative budgeting, you could throw in some restaurants, placemaking, staffing costs, merch upfronts...basically, whatever you want into that budget.

There's no way that Guardians will cost 400M+. But, if you do some creative budgeting, you could throw in some restaurants, placemaking, staffing costs, merch upfronts...basically, whatever you want into that budget.
The cost is real. Tron isn’t far behind either (I’m fairly certain the speedway redo is being thrown into Tron’s budget though).

The cost is real. Tron isn’t far behind either (I’m fairly certain the speedway redo is being thrown into Tron’s budget though).
I've always found theme park accounting hard to believe. Tron has already been designed, so I would imagine that WDI isn't using up much WDW Tron budget for salaries.

The only thing I can think of is middle-men pricing. But, I find it so hard to believe that other chains can bring the price down but Disney can't.

I've always found theme park accounting hard to believe. Tron has already been designed, so I would imagine that WDI isn't using up much WDW Tron budget for salaries.

The only thing I can think of is middle-men pricing. But, I find it so hard to believe that other chains can bring the price down but Disney can't.
WDI overspends on just about everything which is why budgets run high at Disney but not elsewhere.

You can add the geological locations as a factor. I’m assuming that Japan and California need to account for an earthquake, Florida is basically just a swamp that needs to also account for hurricane winds.

Tron looks very pretty but incredibly fragile, if a big enough gust of wind catches it, it looks like it could float away.