Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we talking a dark ride now? A little confused when Quint said he didn't hear coaster but then right after that everyone kept talking coaster.
Like most threads and rumors on this site- one person said “something is happening”. Guesses ensued, and things somehow became engrained as quasi-fact. Then, other people, while not adding any additional details, chimed in to also say “something is happening”.

So... something is happening. Now does that mean something is actually happening? Or that “something is happening” like something is happening at a dozen other locations that no one gives the slightest hint about. Like @AliciaStella basically said - we’ve been hearing “something is happening” every year for the past several years re: JP. Same with LC and TL. Eventually, they’ll be right.

I love how there's now concern about UO getting too many coasters. Y'all are as bad as Star Wars fans. Just like how they're mad they get something different after having the same formula, you grow concerned of having too many coasters after the concern for screenz. If you want to complain about too many coasters, look at USH; our only coaster is going to be Hippogriff not too long from now. We won't get anything that closely resembles a coaster for a while so.....be grateful.

I love how there's now concern about UO getting too many coasters. Y'all are as bad as Star Wars fans. Just like how they're mad they get something different after having the same formula, you grow concerned of having too many coasters after the concern for screenz. If you want to complain about too many coasters, look at USH; our only coaster is going to be Hippogriff not too long from now. We won't get anything that closely resembles a coaster for a while so.....be grateful.

Who is saying too many coasters? Just put them where they make sense. JP (if I am to believe I've stepped in to the film, or that is the story UC wants to tell) only had attractions that allowed guests to experience and interact with the animals. The River ride, the jeep ride, the gyrospheres. I think JPRA in concept is a really smart way to build a thrill ride in that context. I am baffled as to why (at least the vehicle) the Kong attraction was built instead of a JP trailer ride through site B (obviously with AA's and not Screens).

Kong would have been the perfect land for a coaster, launching and stopping and falling backwards through the cliffs and crevasses of Skull Island with Mummy like vehicles making way better use of that building space. Imagine crossing a bridge and then the track suddenly drops in to that bug gorge with a couple AA worms over head or diving under Kong in to a cavern to avoid his fists.

Edit: to try and round that point out, the Kong films don't really have a form of transportation on the island so the vehicle and storytelling are up for interpretation.

Last edited:
Like most threads and rumors on this site- one person said “something is happening”. Guesses ensued, and things somehow became engrained as quasi-fact. Then, other people, while not adding any additional details, chimed in to also say “something is happening”.

So... something is happening. Now does that mean something is actually happening? Or that “something is happening” like something is happening at a dozen other locations that no one gives the slightest hint about. Like @AliciaStella basically said - we’ve been hearing “something is happening” every year for the past several years re: JP. Same with LC and TL. Eventually, they’ll be right.

Something is happening, though :lol:

Kong would have been the perfect land for a coaster, launching and stopping and falling backwards through the cliffs and crevasses of Skull Island with Mummy like vehicles making way better use of that building space. Imagine crossing a bridge and then the track suddenly drops in to that bug gorge with a couple AA worms over head or diving under Kong in to a cavern to avoid his fists.
Dude, in the times before my time here, my friend and I would spec all day on what this amazing rock work would be, seeing the pillars coming away from the temple made me think it would be a coaster coming in and out of Skull Island, no matter how good the screen based ride it turned out to be was, it was so disappointing ;( . Ok enough reminiscing! on to THE FUTURE

Reactions: tankart150
The old (Amber Mine steel coaster) proposal as far as I know died.
Makes sense as i'd think it would be too similar to Donkey Kong.

EDIT: I know the two aren't related, but.... count me in as hoping they get ride of Flight of the Hippogriff if we get another jr/kid coaster over in Jurassic. The new Potter Coaster will be far better than Hippogriff on a thematic level, the capacity is incredibly low and it causes a huge bottleneck near FJs exit because of it's mere existence.

Last edited:
I don't mind coasters. However,
1) I don't think JP is a good fit for a coaster, ESPECIALLY if it's a bare outdoor unthemed one.
2) IOA's current main project is an outdoor coaster, in a park that desperately needs more indoor attractions and/or dark rides.
Opening an outdoor coaster in one island than immediately opening another outdoor coaster in a neighboring island is a complete and utter :yawn: move, especially in a park that could really use some balancing in terms of indoor/outdoor attractions, thrilling/family attractions, etc.

So toeing the line here, but something similar to DINOSAUR in AK would probably do well. Issues being that it would be similar in plot to JPRA, unless nothing at all goes wrong in Jurassic Park/World.

Even something calm ala Small World would let them flex their AA muscles. You can still go down a dip or two to speed away from a rampaging T-Rex. But that’s just my two cents.

I still think a dark ride trip through a genetics lab and nursery - featuring AAs of juvenile dinosaurs - would be a nice compliment to the River Adventure. And if we need a "something goes wrong" hook, the park's latest genetic hybrid experiment could escape and hunt us for the back half of the ride.
I'm for this. I always felt an attraction should queue from the bottom floor of the Discovery Center.

I still think a dark ride trip through a genetics lab and nursery - featuring AAs of juvenile dinosaurs - would be a nice compliment to the River Adventure. And if we need a "something goes wrong" hook, the park's latest genetic hybrid experiment could escape and hunt us for the back half of the ride.

On a giant rotating circle with a lap bar and Mr DNA?

For quick reference, here's the map of JP at Islands.

The Discovery Center isn't nearly as landlocked as I personally thought. You could easily take the area next to Discovery Center (the old Triceratops Encounter?) and use that as part of a ride. In fact, you could use Discovery Center as a queue and then have the ride on the empty land. That would fix my biggest gripe at Islands - how useless the Discovery Center is.Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.