Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 302 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For quick reference, here's the map of JP at Islands.

The Discovery Center isn't nearly as landlocked as I personally thought. You could easily take the area next to Discovery Center (the old Triceratops Encounter?) and use that as part of a ride. In fact, you could use Discovery Center as a queue and then have the ride on the empty land. That would fix my biggest gripe at Islands - how useless the Discovery Center is.View attachment 6325

There's a ton of room to be used. The Discovery Center would make a great iconic coaster station if they decide to go down that route.

There's a ton of room to be used. The Discovery Center would make a great iconic coaster station if they decide to go down that route.
I really hope they do. I can't believe that Discovery Center was ever the major landmark of IoA. There's nothing there!

It would be so easy to turn that into an amazing queue. Room 1 - the iconic entrance with the T-Rex statue. Room 2 - the lab. Room 3 - the restaurant, which could double as a real restaurant with some kind of raptor meet-and-greet. Room 4 - you're outside and about to board the ride.

Seriously, this queue basically designs itself.

Just going to poke in here and say I suggested the same thing at the very beginning of this thread. With so many people coming up with the same thing, it may actually be a pretty good idea.

(That is building a ride where Triceratops Encounter was and having the entrance be on the bottom floor of the Discovery Center. Kind of like The Land with Soarin.

Deja Vu...The thread now is "Back to the Future" Jurassic Park. These ideas are basically identical to the pre Reign of Kong discussions, when everyone was anticipating a coaster or dark ride in the vacated Trike plot & redo of Discovery Center. It's 2013/2014 all over again. :lol: :bow:
If only there was somebody who could leak out the entire ride and placate us

glares at @hatetofly

I have three hopes for a new JP attraction:
- It's not another "dinosaurs break out and everything goes wrong" plot. JPRA already has that covered.
- It's AA heavy, with much better quality AAs than JPRA, which would be easier indoors and not in water.
- It still uses the Discover Center as a facade both inside the land and across the lagoon. I'd hate to look across the IOA lagoon and see and unthemed showbuilding or unthemed coaster track where JP is.
That said, I'm a bit worried on all three of those points.

I like the idea of the dino research dark ride that someone mentioned. I was thinking it could be more in terms of a cross of Carousel of Progress and Alien Encounter. It would be more of a Show/Attraction than a dark ride, but it would involve moving through scenes/rooms similar to the original movies. It would be similar to JPRA's story of "the dinos break loose", but it would be a short and simple people eater. One of the raptors can break loose during one scene and have the raptor breathe down your neck or something in the dark. It would be more interesting than a C-Ticket dark ride through the lab.

You know, a modern alien encounter using the raptors would be absolutely amazing AND unique for the resort. While it would be reusing JPRA's plot, I'd be all up for it otherwise!
If you really wanted to build that amber mines coaster, you could totally use the playground plot and abandoned Tri Encounter. I don't think people will complain if they use that big plot for a descent coaster. That way, you can have both the coaster and keep the iconic Discovery Center while not making it a total waste of space.

I still wish Jurassic Park's land would use the Discovery Center or even the Triceratops Encounter to craft an alien encounter-like attraction, but for raptors. I know Disney has a patent on the overall design of AI, but Universal could create something similar enough. Make it fit with Jurassic World with us trusting the raptors at first, but having them turn on the guests later, and then wallah.

For the reverb which I know will come after Hollywood, and will be a long time in the works, I hope some of the water effects work again to get you a bit wetter or to make the predictability of how wet you get at a more thrilling state. For example, the jets of water that ripple underneath the boat towards the beginning, the spray that comes out of the dino's mouth, just a bit more. There isn't much thrill to the water effects when you know exactly how it's going to play out. I mean Amity's Boat Tours added in a bucket that would go overtop rows 5 on the far right seats I think, and this added a inside joke that was if you sat in that seat, you were going to get wet. Some little thing like that might increase the overall enjoyment of the ride, especially in the beginning.

For another Jurassic Park attraction, I kinda don't want a coaster. I want a tense dark ride or something. I know we have River Adventure, but another thrilling ride themed to these dinos would be amazing.

I still wish Jurassic Park's land would use the Discovery Center or even the Triceratops Encounter to craft an alien encounter-like attraction, but for raptors. I know Disney has a patent on the overall design of AI, but Universal could create something similar enough. Make it fit with Jurassic World with us trusting the raptors at first, but having them turn on the guests later, and then wallah.

For the reverb which I know will come after Hollywood, and will be a long time in the works, I hope some of the water effects work again to get you a bit wetter or to make the predictability of how wet you get at a more thrilling state. For example, the jets of water that ripple underneath the boat towards the beginning, the spray that comes out of the dino's mouth, just a bit more. There isn't much thrill to the water effects when you know exactly how it's going to play out. I mean Amity's Boat Tours added in a bucket that would go overtop rows 5 on the far right seats I think, and this added a inside joke that was if you sat in that seat, you were going to get wet. Some little thing like that might increase the overall enjoyment of the ride, especially in the beginning.

For another Jurassic Park attraction, I kinda don't want a coaster. I want a tense dark ride or something. I know we have River Adventure, but another thrilling ride themed to these dinos would be amazing.
I remember them having to put a wooden wedge to block most of the water. When I first road it (pre-block) is literally swamped the boat

Status
Not open for further replies.