Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 300 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the coaster hate in here is ridiculous.

Gimme any new ride as long as it’s great. Coaster or not, JP has long needed some love
I don't go to Universal for its coasters though. HP already has 2 world class dark rides and has a new coaster replacing a coaster which I think is just fine. JPRA needs to be updated badly to be World Class again and they need a heavily themed attraction that is a little lighter on intense movement (like drops). Not to mention my group often skips JPRA because no one wants to get wet. They have the best Dinosaur property at there disposal and almost no decent representation.

I don't go to Universal for its coasters though. HP already has 2 world class dark rides and has a new coaster replacing a coaster which I think is just fine. JPRA needs to be updated badly to be World Class again and they need a heavily themed attraction that is a little lighter on intense movement (like drops). Not to mention my group often skips JPRA because no one wants to get wet. They have the best Dinosaur property at there disposal and almost no decent representation.
This is true also. I feel like this should be more new HP coaster with sets than like Flight of Hippogriff. Maybe a coaster through dinosaur enclosements, but that’s unlikely.

Reactions: tankart150
I’m a little confused about the placement of this coaster.

If it’s getting anywhere near Discovery Center, wouldn’t it be literally in the middle of the land? How would that work out logistically without it looking like something out of Six Flags?

To be fair, Jurassic Park is, canonically, a theme park, so they don't have to justify a coaster like other IPs might have to.

Also, mark me down as a big RMC fan. But a park as large as Uni will never get a Raptor because those trains only seat, what?, 8 people? The T-Rex model seats two abreast and even then is too few IMO. It would need way too many mid-course break runs to have a decent capacity and we all have our opinions on HRRR.... But I would be down for one of their hybrid coasters.

That being said, this rumor also surprises me following the HP coaster and knowing SNW is getting a DK coaster.

Reactions: tankart150

I like the idea of a drop tower with raptors attacking you.

Who says a potential coaster wont be highly themed?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Assuming this does turn out to be a family coaster, it’d be great if we could lose Hippogriff for the sake of finishing FJ’s showbuilding, expanding/relocating the stage, and opening up the bottleneck in Hogsmeade.

Hippogriff track layout can fit in the abandoned walk thru. It can allow them to expand Camp Jurassic and make a larger Raptor meeting area.

I'm sure it would be, I just mean I don't see the context that a coaster makes sense in.

You should hang out with the dude who was sad that UOR wasn't more of a thrill park with more coasters. ;)

All these coasters is to compete with the Guardian's coaster at Epcot right?

Doesn't need to be a one for one competition as much as filling in holes and guest complaints. The idea isn't to offer a direct competition, it's to advertise something new that fills in a hole for the resort. VB was put against Pandora but wasn't a one for one compete.

I hope something happens here. With all the rumours and inside info over the past 6 months coming and going, this rumour is a great starting point in the direction that Universal is going to take.
I agree Scott.

With Universal's pace of doing... anything lately, I'm not going to believe this is a thing until it's built.
The truest post of the thread.

Assuming this does turn out to be a family coaster, it’d be great if we could lose Hippogriff for the sake of finishing FJ’s showbuilding, expanding/relocating the stage, and opening up the bottleneck in Hogsmeade.
I’ve been clamoring for a Hippogriff redo since the breaking news of DC closing, if nothing else for the superior USH/USJ version of it. But namely for a dedicated viewing area for the castle shows as well as the potential for a future Great Hall (the most important thing).

Hippogriff track layout can fit in the abandoned walk thru. It can allow them to expand Camp Jurassic and make a larger Raptor meeting area.
Which walkthrough Is the abandoned one? Do you have an easy map or pic? Or explanation? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.