Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But all of that is moot, because no one goes to these movies for intricate storytelling and complicated and thorough plot lines. They go to see dinosaurs eat people... and that’s it. :lol:

See that's the problem though, that's what they think we want. JP has layers and nuance to it. JW is just in your face with all of its themes and that is not good story telling. Somewhere in the last 20 years Spielberg decided JP should just be dino fights and one dimensional characters.

See that's the problem though, that's what they think we want. JP has layers and nuance to it. JW is just in your face with all of its themes and that is not good story telling. Somewhere in the last 20 years Spielberg decided JP should just be dino fights and one dimensional characters.
I agree. Except for your first sentence. It’s what WE want, maybe, but not joe q public. The box office doesn’t lie. Heck- one glance at transformers (or F&F for that matter) and you can see what audience they are pandering towards.

A Cannes selection, Jurassic Park is not.

Last edited:
Just rode River Adventure, yikes it needs an update BAD. The raptor before the mini drop actually works for the first time I’ve ever seen but it looks like most of the other AAs - outdated. The only one I’m still impressed with is the T-Rex, much better than the horned Dino on Dinosaur at AK. The ride system itself is fun, just needs an effects update BADLY.

Just rode River Adventure, yikes it needs an update BAD. The raptor before the mini drop actually works for the first time I’ve ever seen but it looks like most of the other AAs - outdated. The only one I’m still impressed with is the T-Rex, much better than the horned Dino on Dinosaur at AK. The ride system itself is fun, just needs an effects update BADLY.
Whatever company did Kong needs to be brought in for the JPRA redo

Whatever company did Kong needs to be brought in for the JPRA redo

You referring to Creature Tech then.

As it stands now, they are most likely to be involved with Pets at Hollywood, and there were rumors initially of River Adventure having Creature Tech help.

It would make sense, and that Creature Tech is growing with their relationship with Universal more and more.

The only one I’m still impressed with is the T-Rex, much better than the horned Dino on Dinosaur at AK. The ride system itself is fun, just needs an effects update BADLY.

Funny you should mention that. I've ways thought the horned dinosaur at Disney looked really bad and not realistic. I now feel the same way about the dinosaurs on River Journey. Except for the T-Rex at the end, which is completely amazing and makes the ride worthwhile. I'd like to see both Disney and Universal to update their dinosaurs on these rides to look more realistic, like the T-Rex.

I just saw (through YouTube) Creature Technology’s dinosaurs for the JW exhibition - holy quarters Batman! Universal needs to buddy-buddy up with them. They may even still have said dinosaurs that could be reused for a new ride.

I am far from an expert on water-based AA’s (I know from that they are usually air-driven rather than shafts and oil), but if they want to make JPRA all shiny and new again, I’m game!

Man, there are so many salty people in this thread. I know you guys have a lot of nostalgia for the original River Adventure, but I honestly find it stupid that some of you think a re-theme would somehow ruin it. Sometimes change is necessary to evolve. If they kept the same thing forever, it would eventually get stale. Universal isn't going to pander to you because you dislike Jurassic World. After all, they are a business trying to make money, which is the exact reason they brought Transformers to the parks, as it was a profitable franchise despite not garnering good reception among critics. Don't get me wrong, I love River Adventure just as much as everyone else, but I think an upgrade could create amazing possibilities and allow the attraction to stay fresh.

"Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous in the end."

-Robin Sharma

Man, there are so many salty people in this thread. I know you guys have a lot of nostalgia for the original River Adventure, but I honestly find it stupid that some of you think a re-theme would somehow ruin it. Sometimes change is necessary to evolve. If they kept the same thing forever, it would eventually get stale. Universal isn't going to pander to you because you dislike Jurassic World. After all, they are a business trying to make money, which is the exact reason they brought Transformers to the parks, as it was a profitable franchise despite not garnering good reception among critics. Don't get me wrong, I love River Adventure just as much as everyone else, but I think an upgrade could create amazing possibilities and allow the attraction to stay fresh.

-Robin Sharma
I can’t take this speech about killing the past seriously when you are actually Kylo Ren :lmao:

-Robin Sharma

It's not about disliking or liking Jurassic World, it's about the Jurassic World aesthetic as a whole. I think change IS necessary, and personally would love for the area to get an update and a retheme. . . IF Jurassic World's brand and identity were of the visual vernacular of Jurassic Park's. It's not though. The grey, blue, and steel color palette doesn't feel as inviting as Jurassic Park's colors, and honestly doesn't feel like an update. The brand and identity design for Jurassic World feels more like something I'd see on an office building in the Silicon Valley rather than an Modern Amusement Park that evokes adventure. That's my main problem with it.

If the change is "messy" at the end, then is it good? That's all I have to say. Jurassic World's change was just messy, and not thought out.

It's not about disliking or liking Jurassic World, it's about the Jurassic World aesthetic as a whole. I think change IS necessary, and personally would love for the area to get an update and a retheme. . . IF Jurassic World's brand and identity were of the visual vernacular of Jurassic Park's. It's not though. The grey, blue, and steel color palette doesn't feel as inviting as Jurassic Park's colors, and honestly doesn't feel like an update.

I liked the look. :shrug:

I thought Jurassic World looked bland, unimagined and yet, expensive. I'm opposed against a switch to JW but after the Guardians overlay of ToT, I don't know what to think any more about these classic rides being rethemed.

I think Tycoon had a good idea. It can be a modern update of the old look, not a completely modern makeover - if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.