Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 305 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can launch a new Jurassic Park with updated restaurants based of Jurassic World (essentially redoing Pizza Predatoria and the Coke Oasis)...Re-routed entrance into the land to hid Hogwarts, New coaster in Camp Jurassic, updates to Discovery Center, revamped JPRA, New archway or sign by Kong

This reads to me like they just changed their mind about what was going where, and what order it was going to happen in. Last fall, MOM and Nintendo in Kidzone were done deals and happening any minute. Then it seems like everything changed. Maybe, at that time, JW was planned for the new park. If they shifted plans and sent Nintendo(and maybe MOM) to the new park, maybe that meant taking JW out of that park to make room. Once that decision is made, a major update to JP makes sense. Depending on the timing of the new park, that probably means that this has to happen now before all the construction crews get sent south. Not ideal, but its rolling with the punches.

This reads to me like they just changed their mind about what was going where, and what order it was going to happen in. Last fall, MOM and Nintendo in Kidzone were done deals and happening any minute. Then it seems like everything changed. Maybe, at that time, JW was planned for the new park. If they shifted plans and sent Nintendo(and maybe MOM) to the new park, maybe that meant taking JW out of that park to make room. Once that decision is made, a major update to JP makes sense. Depending on the timing of the new park, that probably means that this has to happen now before all the construction crews get sent south. Not ideal, but its rolling with the punches.
Perhaps it is just me, but I don't see a point in bringing JW to the new park..

Maybe LotR entered the picture and the setting is too similar to JW? One can hope. :bow:

Yes, you could make a Minions Gyrosphere ride. They could put it right next to the Mario Kart ride themed to Shrek.

Actually a Minions gyrosphere would make perfect sense as something Gru would make. Great idea.

But seriously, if the ride system is “so great”, there’s absolutely no reason it cannot be used for something else. Or there’s no reason not to make room for it in IoA.

Reactions: Ryno27 and LJGonz
Am i the only one who doesn't like the idea of a gyrosphere ride? Unlike the jeeps, or the DNA attraction is JP, the gyrosphere attraction really annoyed me. Maybe the lack of theme for the entrance of the fictional attraction. I didn't even like the idea of being in a sphere. It felt too silly.

I don't really want JW to retheme JP. I really don't like JW, and while it did make a lot of money, people had a lot of issues with the sexist themes with both lead characters, the dull children, the abundance of cgi, and the overall messy plot. While it's a fun movie, it doesn't resonate like Jurassic Park does with a lot of people. Also the branding and identity design that Jurassic Park utilizes feels a lot more adventurous than the blue & grey hues that come in the branding for Jurassic World. I don't want IOA to incorporate any of that brand aesthetics into Jurassic Park.

They can launch a new Jurassic Park with updated restaurants based of Jurassic World (essentially redoing Pizza Predatoria and the Coke Oasis)...Re-routed entrance into the land to hid Hogwarts, New coaster in Camp Jurassic, updates to Discovery Center, revamped JPRA, New archway or sign by Kong
YES, YES, YES YES, YES and YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Magic-Man
The Gyrosphere is a fun concept, just not needed...It would be just like JPRA in a hamster ball

It needs a photo op, that's about it

Yes, because when I'm on JPRA I totally feel like I can control the RV and create unlimited re-ridability....

Reactions: tankart150
Am i the only one who doesn't like the idea of a gyrosphere ride? Unlike the jeeps, or the DNA attraction is JP, the gyrosphere attraction really annoyed me. Maybe the lack of theme for the entrance of the fictional attraction. I didn't even like the idea of being in a sphere. It felt too silly.

I don't really want JW to retheme JP. I really don't like JW, and while it did make a lot of money, people had a lot of issues with the sexist themes with both lead characters, the dull children, the abundance of cgi, and the overall messy plot. While it's a fun movie, it doesn't resonate like Jurassic Park does with a lot of people. Also the branding and identity design that Jurassic Park utilizes feels a lot more adventurous than the blue & grey hues that come in the branding for Jurassic World. I don't want IOA to incorporate any of that brand aesthetics into Jurassic Park.
I agree, and JW appears to be a dull rehash of JP. Nothing new appears to be added to the storyline.

The hourly capacity and load times of any Gyrosphere attraction would be atrocious. If you want a physical attraction, any RV that holds more than 2 people would near the size of the Illuminations globe and have to navigated via magnets (imagine BB-8 upside down with the "ground" between his head on the track and you're riding in his body. You have to deal with claustrophobia, air filtration, protein spills, etc, in an enclosed area. The logistics of practical Gyrosphere are... No.

Basically, the only logistically viable way to do it is basically put it on a gimble in a 360 projection room (so... An updated version of DisneyQuest's Jungle Cruise. But at least then, you can "control" it.

EDIT - Crap... I figured out how to do it now. I'll work out a mock-up.

For quick reference, here's the map of JP at Islands.

The Discovery Center isn't nearly as landlocked as I personally thought. You could easily take the area next to Discovery Center (the old Triceratops Encounter?) and use that as part of a ride. In fact, you could use Discovery Center as a queue and then have the ride on the empty land. That would fix my biggest gripe at Islands - how useless the Discovery Center is.View attachment 6325

That's more than enough for a GG coaster. I haven't read the numerous posts after this yet, but a GG with an UC sized budget for theming it up could be special and outside of a couple of their coasters there's not much jr./kiddie about them. They do well with packing lots in small spaces. Again,my concern is capacity, their newer, smaller footprint coasters use smaller trains like 16 passenger capacity at most.

Here's Switchback with 8, count'em, 8 passenger trains. It also shows just how damn tight some of the turns are and you are booking it through them.
920x920.jpg

A baby triceratops coaster would be cute and a bit of a tie-in to JW.

In all seriousness (and the conversation has moved on frim this topic) Employ GG to come up with a coaster with three to four different tracks that share the same steel superstrucure for the most part, maybe even the same theming elements with the time staggered enough so that the trains don't hit them at the same time and some unique to each track. That could get overall capacity up especially if you can work out multiple train on a single track at once. 8 person cars would load quick.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.