Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 306 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no screenz please.... Thank you :)
I wouldn't hate a screen-based ride if I'm being totally honest.
Kong helped IoA quite a bit- it gave it another inside attraction.

Currently, IoA has:
FJ, Kong, Spiderman and Cat in the Hat for bad weather (and Poseidon). Everything else shuts down. An indoor dark ride, or even screen based attraction would add to that tally. A coaster would be cool, and I'm fine with it- but they need to add another indoor attraction at some point.

USF has the screen issue- IoA, with only 3- not so much.

If they shifted plans and sent Nintendo(and maybe MOM) to the new park
If they put MoM in the new park, they're morons. FFL is right there- in London. There's no innovative "HE" way to connect MoM to Diagon/Hogsmeade if it were in park three. It would be one of the worst moves and ideas they could possibly do. It needs to be where FF is- or not at all. It's, quite literally, made for it.

Am i the only one who doesn't like the idea of a gyrosphere ride?
Nope- me either. Zero interest in that ride.

If they put MoM in the new park, they're morons. FFL is right there- in London. There's no innovative "HE" way to connect MoM to Diagon/Hogsmeade if it were in park three. It would be one of the worst moves and ideas they could possibly do. It needs to be where FF is- or not at all. It's, quite literally, made for it.

Yea, I don't see any conceivable way MOM is in Park 3.

I mean, I'd be fine with it. But over a Jeep ride or a coaster? Nope.

The hourly capacity and load times of any Gyrosphere attraction would be atrocious. If you want a physical attraction, any RV that holds more than 2 people would near the size of the Illuminations globe and have to navigated via magnets (imagine BB-8 upside down with the "ground" between his head on the track and you're riding in his body. You have to deal with claustrophobia, air filtration, protein spills, etc, in an enclosed area. The logistics of practical Gyrosphere are... No.

Basically, the only logistically viable way to do it is basically put it on a gimble in a 360 projection room (so... An updated version of DisneyQuest's Jungle Cruise. But at least then, you can "control" it.

EDIT - Crap... I figured out how to do it now. I'll work out a mock-up.

Yeah, theres no good way to do it as a physical ride. I've always saw it as an omnimover where the ball is the screen and each gyro controls its own destiny. Theres plenty of issues to address with that. The air filtration/air conditioning would almost have to be on each gyro. They'd also have to do a setup similar to what sounds like they are doing with the Falcon ride with computers on each gyro to handle the programming. The protein spills they'd just have to be able to pull gyros out of service like the HP benches. Claustrophobia would be another issue completely, but how big of an issue is that? Can't be worse than the problems with size of people on FoP. I'd say make the gyros a little bigger and have air blowing in your face. Helps with the illusion of size and motion sickness. Theres the issue with screen fatigue, but if this goes to the third park, that presumably won't be as big of an issue if they build it out with mainly physical rides.

Is it perfect? no. But thats the closest way I can see it to recreating the movie setup. It would be a lot of fun. They could hide easter eggs all over the map for people to find. Different scenarios with different dinos. Re-ridability would be virtually unlimited.

I don't disagree. It belongs next to London. I just know MoM is the only opportunity they have to put Original HP content in the south Parks. If theres any concern that the HP fan base won't come for FB content, then they have a little bit of an issue. Putting MoM with possibly some FB touches added in the new park, solves that problem, if there is one.

I agree that the gyrosphere ride would be QUITE the challenge to produce and could not be anywhere near the one in the movie, and that part of JW really bugged me lol. As a former theme park employee and a theme park patron the que or lack there of and loading platform looked like something you find for like a ski-lift at a campground or something, then the ride itself looked like it would have an hourly capacity of like 30. I was like omg loading people two at a time? letting them go wherever they want for however long they want? (bad writing) This would be like a 8 hour line every day.

However, even though it's seems almost impossible (I like fryoj's suggestions above). I find it funny everyone is all... "Nah I wouldn't want this revolutionary mold breaking attraction that would be unlike any other on earth... I would much rather take a coaster or an indoor simulator"

Yes, because when I'm on JPRA I totally feel like I can control the RV and create unlimited re-ridability....
Are you suggesting that they would let people drive themselves around on an open track? I doubt you would ever feel that way on an attraction.

Are you suggesting that they would let people drive themselves around on an open track? I doubt you would ever feel that way on an attraction.
Exactly. The only way they would do it is, like was referencing, an RV in a 360 screen room. Actual free rein on a practical track is a recipe for disaster.

I agree that it's a poorly designed ride in the movie, but if Uni could create a truly interactive version (would have to be dozens of pod bays), it would be a nice response to the new Falcon ride at SW:GE. It's one of the few things that could actually compete with that system, but only if done properly.

Reactions: LJGonz and jrn14
I wouldn't hate a screen-based ride if I'm being totally honest.
Kong helped IoA quite a bit- it gave it another inside attraction.

Currently, IoA has:
FJ, Kong, Spiderman and Cat in the Hat for bad weather (and Poseidon). Everything else shuts down. An indoor dark ride, or even screen based attraction would add to that tally. A coaster would be cool, and I'm fine with it- but they need to add another indoor attraction at some point.

USF has the screen issue- IoA, with only 3- not so much.

Ministry of Magic belongs where FFL is. That said, My wife bemoaned the lack of 'shows' At Uni. She liked FFL, she hates coasters, she tired of Screen based attractions

I don't really want JW to retheme JP. I really don't like JW, and while it did make a lot of money, people had a lot of issues with the sexist themes with both lead characters, the dull children, the abundance of cgi, and the overall messy plot. While it's a fun movie, it doesn't resonate like Jurassic Park does with a lot of people. Also the branding and identity design that Jurassic Park utilizes feels a lot more adventurous than the blue & grey hues that come in the branding for Jurassic World. I don't want IOA to incorporate any of that brand aesthetics into Jurassic Park.

Also, Jurassic Park came out in a time when people didn't get offended as easily and there wasn't a rush to judgement by everyone on social media every time something new came out.

Yeah, theres no good way to do it as a physical ride. I've always saw it as an omnimover where the ball is the screen and each gyro controls its own destiny. Theres plenty of issues to address with that. The air filtration/air conditioning would almost have to be on each gyro. They'd also have to do a setup similar to what sounds like they are doing with the Falcon ride with computers on each gyro to handle the programming. The protein spills they'd just have to be able to pull gyros out of service like the HP benches. Claustrophobia would be another issue completely, but how big of an issue is that? Can't be worse than the problems with size of people on FoP. I'd say make the gyros a little bigger and have air blowing in your face. Helps with the illusion of size and motion sickness. Theres the issue with screen fatigue, but if this goes to the third park, that presumably won't be as big of an issue if they build it out with mainly physical rides.

Is it perfect? no. But thats the closest way I can see it to recreating the movie setup. It would be a lot of fun. They could hide easter eggs all over the map for people to find. Different scenarios with different dinos. Re-ridability would be virtually unlimited.
I see what you're saying here, and you make some good points about design challenges/how to do it effectively, but I still am not convinced it is needed with JPRA existing already

But real talk, what would people getting offended have to do with JP v JW aesthetic?
If it is merged cleverly, nothing...If it is re-themed to JW completely, a whole lot

I see them leaving it as Jurassic Park, but updating the logo to the blue from JW

Not that it is a huge issue, but the island at IOA is technically supposed to be a different island than the movie(s)

I see what you're saying here, and you make some good points about design challenges/how to do it effectively, but I still am not convinced it is needed with JPRA existing already

If it is merged cleverly, nothing...If it is re-themed to JW completely, a whole lot

I see them leaving it as Jurassic Park, but updating the logo to the blue from JW

Not that it is a huge issue, but the island at IOA is technically supposed to be a different island than the movie(s)
Oh I agree that JW is stylistically bland. I thought they meant people would be offended if JP came out today and I was like what?
I really wish the JW aesthetic was just a bit more modernized JP.. Same colors, just some architectural enhancements to bring it in to present. The concrete and steel is just too steril. While more zoos and theme parks aim for thematic accuracy JW completely strips anything natural from its design. Maybe it's on purpose, but I think there are better ways to do that minimalistic style in a visual medium.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
Oh I agree that JW is stylistically bland. I thought they meant people would be offended if JP came out today and I was like what?
I really wish the JW aesthetic was just a bit more modernized JP.. Same colors, just some architectural enhancements to bring it in to present. The concrete and steel is just too steril. While more zoos and theme parks aim for thematic accuracy JW completely strips anything natural from its design. Maybe it's on purpose, but I think there are better ways to do that minimalistic style in a visual medium.

Literally the rebranding of JW from JP is what makes the movie feel so unthought. The steel, concrete, blue and grey theme of it feels so bland and nothing like the vibrancy of the original movie. That's my issue in seeing it in the new park.

As for the gyrosphere, I do acknowledge that having it in the park and finding a way to make it work would be an achievement for any modern attraction in this century, but I overall don't like the design of the attraction as a whole. This isn't the jetsons, why do we need a sphere?

When @Living_Bread mentioned people having a problem with sexist characters- I was like what? Maybe that’s what @Ashhanbre meant. I don’t even care enough to google what people perceived as sexist. I kind of hate the time I live in sometimes.

When @Living_Bread mentioned people having a problem with sexist characters- I was like what? Maybe that’s what @Ashhanbre meant. I don’t even care enough to google what people perceived as sexist. I kind of hate the time I live in sometimes.

While I don't want to start a whole discussion about sexism that will go into a millennial debacle as those subjects usually do. There were multiple sexism accusations for the movie, even the director has acknowledged how people could've thought that specific way, but one I remember popping up was the character of Claire and her involvement with Chris Pratt's character only being there so she'd have chemistry with a male or whatever. I don't think it's sexist, and I feel it's a reach. I think it's lazy story telling, but I think it's also significant to point out how more compelling the Jurassic Park female leads are in comparison.

While I don't want to start a whole discussion about sexism that will go into a millennial debacle as those subjects usually do.
Good point. Hah

I googled it out of curiosity. It basically revolves around Claire being this stern career person who was adverse to children- with her eventually growing into a better and complete person once she found a man and the her niece/nephew. Essentially saying- career woman = bad. Mom and supportive woman = good.
Which I get... if it weren’t a mirrored copy of Doctor Grant in JP- which is exactly what happened to him as well. He just happened to be a guy. So I’m with you- it was just generic writing- not sexism in the slightest. They simply replaced the character traits of Grant with identical ones of Claire.

But all of that is moot, because no one goes to these movies for intricate storytelling and complicated and thorough plot lines. They go to see dinosaurs eat people... and that’s it. :lol:

But all of that is moot, because no one goes to these movies for intricate storytelling and complicated and thorough plot lines. They go to see dinosaurs eat people... and that’s it. :lol:

The irony of this sentence in a thread where people don’t want to be chased by Dino’s because it’s too similar to the story in RA.

Give me another “dinos but something goes wrong” ride with better AA’s and maybe even *gasp* screens for more intricate visuals and I will ride it as I dry off from RA.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.