Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And this is my major concern about getting these "big get" mainstream properties. You're going to start bringing in people (and their kids) that don't fully understand what they're going to.

Which, could potentially lead to bad word of mouth, or (worst of all) viral complaints that force Universal's hand to make it more palatable to the general public.

Not saying it will happen, but you do invite in certain elements when you start selling the event to a different audience.
Yeah, if you think about it, this is the first IP that's come to the event as popular as Stranger Things that's popular with non-horror fans. Walking dead at least had insanely scary effects starting even from episode 1, so you knew what you were getting yourself into heading into a Walking Dead attraction. Stranger Things really isn't all that scary, there is little gore from what I remember, and for some reason the show attracts the type of crowd that's very sensitive to violence and horror tropes. This is mostly uncharted territory for UO, I hope they handle it well. I Expect this house to have little to no gore, and really not be all that creative or intense, just looking forward to the Demogorgon.

^Which is why I think it would be wise to place it at the very front of the park.

I’d like to point out that they did both Frazier Mummy movies the respective years they came out.

I think it’s very possible that they go the HHN23 route:

Stranger Things: SS21A (entrance between DM and US store, exit through gate behind Rockit)

An IP, possibly Thing: SS21B (entrance in courtyard, across from Classic Monster Cafe, exit through gate behind Rockit)

Either an IP or an original: SS22 (entrance at Fallon queue, exit next to Fallon store)

Lost Boys: SS24 (entrance by library—could require a very large scale area, even if regular length house, exit by library)

Last edited:
^Which is why I think it would be wise to place it at the very front of the park.

I’d like to point out that they did both Frasier Mummy movies the respective years they came out.

I think it’s very possible that they go the HHN23 route:

Stranger Things: SS21A (entrance between DM and US store, exit through gate behind Rockit)

An IP, possibly Thing: SS21B (entrance in courtyard, across from Classic Monster Cafe, exit through gate behind Rockit)

Either an IP or an original: SS22 (entrance at Fallon queue, exit next to Fallon store)

Lost Boys: SS24 (entrance by library—could require a very large scale area, even if regular length house, exit by library)
Why?

Were the Mummy movies marketed as horror films or action/adventure films? I wasn't around back then haha.

How is this the 23 route?

Also, why don't you ever use the reply button :lol:

Why?

Were the Mummy movies marketed as horror films or action/adventure films? I wasn't around back then haha.

How is this the 23 route?

Also, why don't you ever use the reply button :lol:

#1–Because people who are going just for Stranger Things won’t have to go through much of the rest of the event to do so (aside from whatever’s in Plaza of Stars after exiting), which thereby lowers the risk of sensitive parental complaints.

#2–I’m pretty sure they were marketed as a mix, which is the same way ST is. Actually, this trailer looks like straight up action-adventure:

#3–Two houses in SS21, one in SS22 and one in SS24.

#4–I do now. Sorry about that, I originally intended this post as a quick response. It USED to be the case that I didn’t know how to use this site’s quote function.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
#2–I’m pretty sure they were marketed as a mix, which is the same way ST is.

#4–I do now. Sorry about that, I originally intended it as a quick response. It USED to be the case that I didn’t know how to use this site’s quote function.
#2 oh, well then maybe this isn't uncharted territory, as those films were PG-13, so maybe Universal knows how to handle this. However, StrTh is even less mature and I'm pretty sure more popular, so they'll have to do whatever they did for Mummy threefold.

#4 it's cool! I was just wondering if you knew how.

The stealthy shape moves in the dark
The only sound a growling bark
— The Ifrit (@fireoftheifrit) April 10, 2018

I know Ifrit isn't very respected on here, but I'm still gonna make some possible connections, from top to bottom, most likely to least likely imo.

Halloween = in original film, a dog barks at Michael and he kills it. Michael is often referred to as "The Shape"
The Thing = huskies + dog-thing
Lost Boys = hell hounds, however don't remember these being in the dark
TrT = werewolf story, but I don't really remember the werewolves barking, so that one is a bit of a stretch.

None of these are particularly stealthy. Also could be an original.

also, I'm never gonna give up hope, Thriller = werewolf, would be such a perfect fit for this year's possible 80s theme

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
The stealthy shape moves in the dark
The only sound a growling bark
— The Ifrit (@fireoftheifrit) April 10, 2018

I know Ifrit isn't very respected on here, but I'm still gonna make some possible connections, from top to bottom, most likely to least likely imo.

Halloween = in original film, a dog barks at Michael and he kills it
The Thing = huskies
Lost Boys = hell hounds, however don't remember these being in the dark
TrT = werewolf story, but I don't really remember the werewolves barking, so that one is a bit of a stretch.

None of these are particularly stealthy. Also could be an original.

also, I'm never gonna give up hope, Thriller = werewolf, would be such a perfect fit for this year's possible 80s theme

Broken clock is correct twice a day. ;)

I mean ifrit did say Stranger Things (even if it's after lots of discussion on it).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Will do. I also want to check out Lost Boys.
Also, if you haven't seen the films in my profile pic (The Shining, all the Evil Dead films, The Thing, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974) I consider them masterpieces, and have all been done at HHN in some way, worth checking out if you're new to horror films.