Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

^At this point, I don't think they're really even trying to attract someone who doesn't already go. When you're already known as the park with the most roller coasters in the world, may as well keep it up.

To give them some credit, they have been revamping many areas of the park bit by bit. Cyclone Bay is one of the last areas of the park to get a major overhaul. One would hope once they hit 20, they'd go back and finish up renovations (especially the bathrooms near the main gate... those are pretty awful) and/or add flat rides.

^ Apocalypse, Viper (its whole system is getting an up to date overhaul) and Revolution (lift will be getting worked on).

I will say Viper was being looked at to get the Ninja treatment, but I'm not sure if they still wanna go through with that.

I will say Viper was being looked at to get the Ninja treatment, but I'm not sure if they still wanna go through with that.

How do you solve a problem like Viper amiright?

It's such an in iconic ride, it would be a shame if they eventually get rid of it. Breathing new life into the coaster the way they did Revolution would be niiice.

Apocalypse has been retracked fairly extensively, and it's much better than is has been. Still not perfect by any means, but better. Not long after the retracking, I had a few surprisingly good rides on it, especially at night... it was almost like it had just opened. Since then, it's gotten bummpy again, but nothing like it was (except for those last turns, but you're mostly already slowing down by then). I've heard absolutely nothing about new trains. It already has millenium flyers... what else would even be a viable alternative?

I've heard elsewhere, and then confirmed for myself, that the "secret" seat on Viper is 2nd from the back. Strangely enough, it's the smoothest. I have no idea why, as it goes against everything you'd expect from Arrow... but it does somehow work for this ride.

@Chris Galindo Any new insight on the possible 2019 attraction/coaster?

From what I've gathered, Viper is getting a systems overhaul and Cyclone Bay is getting a tear-down and major overhaul.

Wow that’s a LOT to invest in for one Six Flags Park in one year. A Viper overhaul, Psyclone Bay 2.0, and a new roller coaster....wow. I hope they have a descent budget left for the coaster because that’s quite a bit.

Wow that’s a LOT to invest in for one Six Flags Park in one year. A Viper overhaul, Psyclone Bay 2.0, and a new roller coaster....wow. I hope they have a descent budget left for the coaster because that’s quite a bit.

I guess there is benefit to doing something small for one year after all and holding any major investment for another time?

The Viper Overhaul..makes sense. Ninja at Georgia saw something similar, and it may make sense and hold implications that SF intends to keep an Arrow apart of the skyline.

As far as PB 2.0, I'm curious of where the coaster could be located as there are two ways, replacing the go karts or taking over Deja Vus spot. Either way, curious to see what unfolds.

I’m going to bet money that the coaster will take over DeJaVu’s former spot and will go all the way to the Go Karts. That makes far more sense than getting rid of Roaring Rapids when they could just do that. It would shut down all of PB like Galin implied it would. It also gives me hope for a Giga. *crosses fingers*

I’m going to bet money that the coaster will take over DeJaVu’s former spot and will go all the way to the Go Karts. That makes far more sense than getting rid of Roaring Rapids when they could just do that. It would shut down all of PB like Galin implied it would. It also gives me hope for a Giga. *crosses fingers*

I think SF has to go big. We all know the rivalry that SFMM & Cedar Point has with the whole "Coaster Capital of the World."

Cedar Point just threw everything they got & hit a home run with Steel Vengeance according to various media sources. Obviously, this was an off-year for SFMM in terms of new coasters, but I think they made the right call.

They're gonna get a much-needed flat ride, but they also made many minor improvements around the park that add up to quite a lot.

-Refurb Jet Stream
-Upgrade Restrooms
-Refurb Games
-New Parking Lot Entrance Signage
-New Samurai Summit Signage
-Upgrade Bumper Cars
-Refurb Scrambler
-New Shaded Canopy for Check-in
-New Solar Panel Shaded Parking
-Remodeled Johnny Rockets
-Water Fountains Replacement

2019 needs to be the year that SFMM throws down the gauntlet and goes for gold!