Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal will actually need the parking sooner than later if work is starting on Dockside - that is a large number of parking spaces that are going away.
I don't think the old parking lots are currently being used for anything, so there isn't much of a need.
They also supposedly have the far southern temporary lots coming at some point if they do need offsite parking.

Wow. The speed at which they built that parking garage just blew my mind! They only went vertical like a week or two ago, right?
The parking garage went vertical a little more than a month ago.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
Do they own that big patch of grass in the back corner of that render? If so, I could see them adding even more rooms here if this takes off
All I know is it's outside of the permitted area. Not sure who owns it.

EDIT: That corner bit is listed as zoned for "Multi-tenant retail, Eating & Drinking, Hotels" for Previous Use, and "Metropolitan Activity Center" for Future Use in the city proposal.

project-566.jpg

And for the hell of it, here's the description in the application. Have at it ... <drops mic>

This hotel will be a quality destination hotel which will include 2,050 rooms, two pool bars, a food court, recreational facilities, amenities, ancillary facilities, and a service area. The facility will consist of two room types in 12 guest room buildings. The guest buildings will be supported by the main facility building that will house the lobby/check‐in, food court, and amenities. The guest buildings will interconnect with each other and the main facility building to create one contiguous resort. A variety of food and beverage facilities will be located at the resort. The hotel will also feature a grab and go and pool bar options. All food and beverage facilities will optimize grand views of the exterior amenities.

"Future Transit Stop"

Is this the spot they could drop some sort of "station" in between the two complexes?

Promenade Activation Nodes is also pretty curious to me.

Last edited:
"Future Transit Stop"

Is this the spot they could drop some sort of "station" in between the two complexes?

Promenade Activation Nodes is also pretty curious to me.

It seems like that is what the future transit stop means because there aren't many other logical things it could be.

The promenade activation nodes are likely a requirement imposed on universal in an attempt to make the path along I-drive a little bit more pedestrian friendly. I doubt it is something universal is doing by their own choosing.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm somewhat surprised there is no pedestrian bridge at least over I-Drive, (Although that corner probably could use one over Universal Blvd also to service the other hotel -- that walk from the wet 'n wild parking lot to the water park always made me cringe)...

Unless the pedestrian walkway gets tied to the "transit system" if it indeed is elevated.

Great render! Looks amazing.

Yeah I thought the same, anyone have similar image for Surfside?

@Teebin gonna love that last pic

Looks damn fine. Maybe looks a little generic but a very nice place to stay with great amenities and an even better place.

Having paid more in the past for some real rough ass rooms I'd say these are as close to perfect as it gets for the price point.