Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the new tall support gets enclosed, that building would have to be semi tall eh? Or. Are you emplying those supports may get hidden by something else other than a building?! Ahh the suspense!
Building. But then themed to not look like a building I'm guessing, if that makes sense.
just a few parts of the coaster are enclosed, I believe.
As has been previously discussed here, 3 parts inside, one of which is bigger than the others.

Reactions: Joel and Steptwice
Building. But then themed to not look like a building I'm guessing, if that makes sense.

As has been previously discussed here, 3 parts inside, one of which is bigger than the others.
Gotcha makes perfect sense, thats actually pretty exciting. Howpfully some sort of rockwork mountain would be cool

That was the plan, yes. The rumor is that they decided to enclose the entire ride. Looks like they have the space to do it and it would certainly look more aesthetically pleasing than another roller coaster next to Hogsmeade.
Is this new info contradicting Alicias?

That was the plan, yes. The rumor is that they decided to enclose the entire ride. Looks like they have the space to do it and it would certainly look more aesthetically pleasing than another roller coaster next to Hogsmeade.
Uhhh. That rumor started from an unreliable site. I'm going with Alicia's info. She's been right on so far.

Reactions: LJGonz
I seriously doubt that. That’s a drastic, completely unnecessary, and logistically nightmarish shift. You don’t leave bare ground and plant trees inside for something of that scale.

It will not be enclosed, only some show scenes

Also, you wont be seeing too much from Hogsmede...Certainly not as much as DD

Reactions: Mike S
I think Star Wars will surpass this. Star Wars however is a full land and this is merely an extension and you have to take into consideration that Star Wars is a direct result of HP so it doesn’t really matter.
No you cant compare the two, but it's safe to say I think this ride will surpass both sumulators in swge. And to add to that I heard before that this dis/uni war will continue until one just gives the death blow, I think the death blow has already been given, and star wars will be amazing but...
**I'm alluding to diagon not hp coaster**

Last edited:
I think Star Wars will surpass this. Star Wars however is a full land and this is merely an extension and you have to take into consideration that Star Wars is a direct result of HP so it doesn’t really matter.

Universal knows they can't compete with Star Wars opening, but they can do what they can to keep some eyes on them next year.

No you cant compare the two, but it's safe to say I think this ride will surpass both sumulators in swge. And to add to that I heard before that this dis/uni war will continue until one just gives the death blow, I think the death blow has already been given, and star wars will be amazing but...

Now that I’ve sobered up a little I can’t even remember the reason for posting this.

The great thing about the current landscape in Orlando is that we’re living in a tit for tat world.

Universal would have responded with Nintendo to SWL but things have obviously changed. I think Disney will get a few blows in with Tron, Guardians and SWL but will be cancelled out with the new park.

Regardless, it’s an exciting time to be an Orlando theme park fan and the next 5 years will see the biggest developments this millennium.

Now that I’ve sobered up a little I can’t even remember the reason for posting this.

The great thing about the current landscape in Orlando is that we’re living in a tit for tat world.

Universal would have responded with Nintendo to SWL but things have obviously changed. I think Disney will get a few blows in with Tron, Guardians and SWL but will be cancelled out with the new park.

Regardless, it’s an exciting time to be an Orlando theme park fan and the next 5 years will see the biggest developments this millennium.
I forget, what was the latest completion dates of the d23 additions? Was it all by 2020?

Ok..will be very interesting.

Back to topic, If you were to say (if not before) what would you say to speed would be for this hp coaster. At least 50? Maybe 40.
Not my expertise, but I would guess maybe ~40 to 45 mph at the most. It will have thrilling elements, but this isn't going to be a very intense ride.

I could be wrong though, there's certainly one part that might be faster, I'm just no coaster expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.