Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is why I tend to keep mum, or at least drop short blips in the rumor/insider talk. We keep telling you guys it’s too early and y’all have been locking in this lineup since January, eventually setting yourselves up for disappointment.
why so hostile? We all know (or at least most of us know) nothing is locked 'till the announcement date and I'm not complaining about the misdirection (it's actually really fun).

I'm just questioning why the bleach meme? Just seemed kinda out of place.

Reactions: MattA
white-nonsense-2.gif

Thread Summary

I know this is kinda divisive, but I'm gonna say it.

It seems like a lot of respected veterans on here don't actually enjoy speculation.

A ton of people keep saying that this thread sucks, but like, what are we doing wrong? we're speculating based on given info. It seems like y'all only post when there is new concrete info and you don't really go any further than stating the info, then trash the people that speculate on said info. It's just kinda sucks because this is really fun for me and seeing a ton of people just constantly trash this thread with no reasoning isn't fun.

spec·u·la·tion
/spekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun

a conclusion or opinion reached by such contemplation:

There has been no contemplation. Hell, Legacy had to spell out something several times and I still don't think it was firmly understood. It's been a mixed bag of everything since November. From people speculating based on personal wants instead of supplied hints/info, to just ignoring on things they don't wanna hear - with certain users "locking" in the lineup in February. When something changes - you see "But wait...how?"

I appreciate the excitement, which of course is leading to the discussion - but some of ya'll need to turn it down.

spec·u·la·tion
/spekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun

a conclusion or opinion reached by such contemplation:

There has been no contemplation. Hell, Legacy had to spell out something several times and I still don't think it was firmly understood. It's been a mixed bag of everything since November. From people speculating based on personal wants instead of supplied hints/info, to just not listening to what they wanna hear - with certain users "locking" in the lineup in February. When something changes - you see "But wait...how?"

I appreciate the excitement, which of course is leading to the discussion - but some of ya'll need to turn it down.
I disagree. Some users do just repeat the same rumored line-up constantly, but I think a bunch of users actually put thought into their speculation, and take in to account the latest rumors from trusted sources. It's not fair to group both of these types of people together, some people really put a lot of effort into this thread.

-and c'mon, we're gonna get excited and make those reaction posts, everyone does them on IU, they're fun :party:

I disagree. Some users do just repeat the same rumored line-up constantly, but I think a bunch of users actually put thought into their speculation, and take in to account the latest rumors from trusted sources. It's not fair to group both of these types of people together, some people really put a lot of effort into this thread.

-and c'mon, we're gonna get excited and make those reaction posts, everyone does them on IU, they're fun :party:

I wasn't signaling out everyone.

I wasn't signaling out everyone.
Well, I mean you were when you said that "There has been no contemplation" whatsoever. We don't have to get tangled up in semantics, though. I appreciate the message you're sending out, and I honestly agree that people do get out of hand with the parroting of info.

It just sucks that sometimes the vets trash talk the noobs without offering any explanation as to why they're wrong, not solving anything.

Reactions: Chumpieboy
At least the Ifrit makes things fun. This is just a big mess. This'll likely be my last post here in a while, not that anyones gonna start crying.

This hasn't even been a particularly combative year...

I enjoy speculation. Both sides of it. I do a lot of it before I start alluding to stuff. Aside from a couple of people, I wait until I get the same information from two-three sources before I start talking about details. I pay attention to specific posts from certain individuals that, at first glance, look innocuous but could mean more. I follow context and discussion flow, which can hint to stuff. I read other threads where I KNOW legitimate clues are dropped. Most of all, I care more about the process than the solution. That's why I refer to speculation as a game.

What I struggle with is a mindset that's, "This is what was leaked, so this is what has to happen." It forces the entire conversation into a box. People start getting excited, then potentially devestated, by unverified rumors. Instead of questioning validity, the discussion gets wrapped up in why the leak can't be wrong.

That thought process isn't speculation. Speculation requires doubt and deduction. From where I sit, there's not much of that happening. I have indicated that I have dropped house codenames in posts (1 post here has 2). I have intimated that I was told an IP that IS coming (to a soundstage) that is not on the list and hasn't been speculated at all. Both of those things, to me, are pretty big. No one's asked about them. Sure, maybe I'm being too vague. But if I have to put stuff like that in bold font, it's not speculation.

Legitimately, the only consistent doubt I've seen is if JungleSkip is reputable or not. Even that looks couched in a desire for IT to happen more than actual speculation. So here: I think he's legit. I wouldn't keep referring to him if I didn't.

I love speculation. I just wish there was more actual speculation happening.

Last edited: