Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going out on a limb here to say the GSATs for this ride will also be terrible and not at all like Fallon's. Fallon was never pretending to be anything other than a D-ticket ride replacing the former space of a special effects show. The ride system and experience matches people's expectations and it matches the tone of the show. It's a ride based on a Late Night Show. No one is expecting the next great thing. This ride is called Fast & Furious and carries with it a huge amount of expectation from people who follow the films and don't closely follow the theme park industry. Apples to oranges.

I think this will have the same issue Antartica had. The marketing really is over-hyping the experience which increases expectations, not too mention the fact of what people believe a Fast and Furious ride is: fast and aggressive, this is not.

Question for those of you who have been paying attention,

How is this response akin to the openings of Jimmy Fallon and Kong?
Kong had generally positive reactions on twitter with most saying that it was "short." Fallon was a mixed bag for sure but I saw plenty of positive reactions on there when it opened along with negative reactions as well. Neither comes close to the thrashing this is taking at the moment. Orlando International Airport's official twitter account just threw shade at the ride by posting a fake conceptual rendering of the ride's "original concept" with a picture of their people mover and the words "Automated People Mover: SUPERCHARGED." People are having a lot of fun in the responses pointing out that their people mover travels much faster than the party bus.

Kong had generally positive reactions on twitter with most saying that it was "short." Fallon was a mixed bag for sure but I saw plenty of positive reactions on there when it opened along with negative reactions as well. Neither comes close to the thrashing this is taking at the moment. Orlando International Airport's official twitter account just threw shade at the ride by posting a fake conceptual rendering of the ride's "original concept" with a picture of their people mover and the words "Automated People Mover: SUPERCHARGED." People are having a lot of fun in the responses pointing out that their people mover travels much faster than the party bus.

Yea, I don’t think that was shade...

The responses on the other hand...

Reactions: Cheezbat
oh wowza? This can't be getting a worse response than Stitch? the revamped Journey Into the Imagination? ... I guess Superstar Limo would be considered DCA :lmao:

oh wowza? This can't be getting a worse response than Stitch? the revamped Journey Into the Imagination? ... I guess Superstar Limo would be considered DCA :lmao:
Limo and Journey only lasted a year. Think this one will stick around a wee bit longer.

Reactions: jrn14
Agreed that Guardians came out better. I didn't say one wasn't good and the other wasn't, just that this feels like a case where they had no choice in doing an attraction. Rather than the Imagineers/Creative team coming up with an idea and pitching it to upper level for approval, seems like it was the other way around in these cases.

I get what you mean. I'll get a lot of flak for saying this but I think this ride shows just how far Universal are behind Disney at times. Universal can do great things providing somebody is watching over their shoulder. I think JP should be safe providing Steven Spielberg is involved.

Reactions: Ridgepole
*looks at Dinorama, JIYI, and Mission: Space*

I've seen worse/more hysterical reactions

Mission: Space? Really? You're comparing the reaction to this ride to Mission: Space? I was all over WDWMagic when that ride opened and the reactions were mostly positive. Dinorama and JIYI on the other hand, I would agree those were on-par with F&F.

Mission: Space? Really? You're comparing the reaction to this ride to Mission: Space? I was all over WDWMagic when that ride opened and the reactions were mostly positive.

You kidding me? Mission: Space's very existence caused the fanbois to act like Disney had killed their first born by replacing Horizons.

Same thing here with the fanbois acting like people are gonna riot in the streets because of Supercharged

You kidding me? Mission: Space's very existence caused the fanbois to act like Disney had killed their first born by replacing Horizons.
Oh I hear you there. People were throwing a fit and losing their minds when it was announced Horizon's would close. That's for sure. Insanely negative reaction across the board. By the time the ride opened 3 years later, people were mostly over it and the reactions to the ride itself weren't even close to the negativity being expressed here though.

Reactions: Scott W.
By the time the ride opened 3 years later, people were mostly over it and the reactions to the ride itself weren't even close to the negativity being expressed here.

The negativity being expressed here is just as ridiculous as the apoplectic reactions to Horizons closing. A mediocre ride isn't the end of the universe.

And to be honest, the reaction to F&F is completely and utterly baffling, considering if you followed theme parks at all during construction you should have known what was coming. The thread seems like just an excuse to dump on Universal at this point. Which, fine, they deserve a little dumping on now and again, but I really do not understand the continued level of angst over one ride.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
I get what you mean. I'll get a lot of flak for saying this but I think this ride shows just how far Universal are behind Disney at times. Universal can do great things providing somebody is watching over their shoulder. I think JP should be safe providing Steven Spielberg is involved.
Ehhh I still don’t see that. Outside of Flight of Passge what amazing rides has Disney opened recently? Frozen? Reskin. Little Mermaid? Bland dark ride. Dwarves? Scaled down coaster.

Reactions: JungleSkip