Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 324 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get what you mean. I'll get a lot of flak for saying this but I think this ride shows just how far Universal are behind Disney at times. Universal can do great things providing somebody is watching over their shoulder. I think JP should be safe providing Steven Spielberg is involved.

I think it highlights that Universal Film leadership doesn't really care about theme parks at all more than anything else.

Reactions: Scott W.
Oh I hear you there. People were throwing a fit and losing their minds when it was announced Horizon's would close. That's for sure. Insanely negative reaction across the board. By the time the ride opened 3 years later, people were mostly over it and the reactions to the ride itself weren't even close to the negativity being expressed here though.

We’re comparing final product though. Just because people expected this to be terrible, doesn’t justify that it is.

Ehhh I still don’t see that. Outside of Flight of Passge what amazing rides has Disney opened recently? Frozen? Reskin. Little Mermaid? Bland dark ride. Dwarves? Scaled down coaster.

Bland, certainly. I’d put Mission Breakout as a great ride in that list, even if it’s also a reskin. Disney might not have made a lot of great rides as a whole but I don’t think anything recently has been this bad. When they have made bad rides, it has been resolved and I can’t see Universal fixing this unless there’s a backlash.

Reactions: Andysol
The negativity being expressed here is just as ridiculous as the apoplectic reactions to Horizons closing. A mediocre ride isn't the end of the universe.

And to be honest, the reaction to F&F is completely and utterly baffling, considering if you followed theme parks at all during construction you should have known what was coming. The thread seems like just an excuse to dump on Universal at this point. Which, fine, they deserve a little dumping on now and again, but I really do not understand the continued level of angst over one ride.
I think there is a little bit of schadenfreude at the moment which is perfectly fine and reasonable. I agree with whoever said the over the top reactions might be for the best and that if the response was simply, "meh" it wouldn't be strong enough to reach the top of the food chain at Universal to send a message. The bad reaction to this might be very positive in the long run for the parks moving forward.

Bland, certainly. I’d put Mission Breakout as a great ride in that list, even if it’s also a reskin. Disney might not have made a lot of great rides as a whole but I don’t think anything recently has been this bad. When they have made bad rides, it has been resolved and I can’t see Universal fixing this unless there’s a backlash.

Stitch?

I suspect this will get revamped fairly soon, but gated until there's enough capacity in the rest of the park to do it.

They needed the capacity of this ride to be able to move forward with other things. Too bad it's not great. (Tech wise the ride is pretty good, subject matter and use of tech not so much).

I suspect things will happen with other announcements in fairly short order, if not at the May 2nd media day. Today's rather abrupt opening feels like a "just swallow those pills and keep moving" type of approach..

I think there is a little bit of schadenfreude at the moment which is perfectly fine and reasonable. I agree with whoever said the over the top reactions might be for the best and that if the response was simple, "meh" it wouldn't be strong enough to reach the top of the food chain at Parks and Resorts. The bad reaction to this might be very positive for the parks moving forward.

1) Normal guests aren't gonna have as bad of a reaction as anyone on these forums think they will.
2) You can be as over the top as you want, the top of the food chain and Parks & Resorts won't give a damn unless you stop going all together, and everyone else stops going along with you.
3) F&F was the last of its kind as is. People have been saying that since day 1, so I'm not sure what there is to change any way.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
You kidding me? Mission: Space's very existence caused the fanbois to act like Disney had killed their first born by replacing Horizons.

Same thing here with the fanbois acting like people are gonna riot in the streets because of Supercharged
People aren't going to riot in the streets, but this is going to hurt the park's overall satisfaction rating.

Some things are just that bad. Just by closing Superstar Limo the parks overall rating went up.

I actually really like Kong. And I think Fallon is fine for a D Ticket, but suffers because of USF's plethora of screen attractions. This though, man.

"And Universal launches their new ride!"

1296759235_rocket-launch-fail.gif

Once again... this is not proving to be true. You can keep claiming this all you want but there is zero evidence to suggest this so far.

If your evidence to the contrary are fanboy facebook posts and blog comments, you don't really have a leg to stand on either.

99% of guests will show up, ride it, shrug their shoulders, and go to Diagon Alley. There's not gonna be this huge line at guest relations to complain about the ride.

People aren't going to riot in the streets, but this is going to hurt the park's overall satisfaction rating.

Some things are just that bad. Just by closing Superstar Limo the parks overall rating went up.

I actually really like Kong. And I think Fallon is fine for a D Ticket, but suffers because of USF's plethora of screen attractions. This though, man.

"And Universal launches their new ride!"

1296759235_rocket-launch-fail.gif

Don't confuse my "This won't affect the park nearly as much as y'all think" as me saying "This isn't complete crap." This is not a good ride by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't very much care that it's not, because we have a kickass themed coaster opening in 12 months, and a 3rd park about to start construction.

And I very much doubt this will have anything near a Superstar Limo effect.

If your evidence to the contrary are fanboy facebook posts and blog comments, you don't really have a leg to stand on either.

99% of guests will show up, ride it, shrug their shoulders, and go to Diagon Alley. There's not gonna be this huge line at guest relations to complain about the ride.

So Facebook and twitter is now considered a place for fanboys??! WTF? The only positive reactions I have read were during soft opening... FROM THE FANBOYS. The fanboys on twitter and the travel blogs in particular that make money off the industry are being very kind to the ride ("TimTracker" for example). You have it completely backwards actually. If anything the general public is being more cruel to the ride than the fanboys are. As evidenced by you and other people on this forum making excuses left and right and being generally way more understanding than regular park goers on twitter.

The negativity being expressed here is just as ridiculous as the apoplectic reactions to Horizons closing. A mediocre ride isn't the end of the universe.

And to be honest, the reaction to F&F is completely and utterly baffling, considering if you followed theme parks at all during construction you should have known what was coming. The thread seems like just an excuse to dump on Universal at this point. Which, fine, they deserve a little dumping on now and again, but I really do not understand the continued level of angst over one ride.
Universal is not down by any means, But the saying "kick em while he's down" kinda fits what you said. They finally have slipped to far below the threshold and it's an opportunity to bash them. So get it while it's good people because we all know what the future beholds.

Personally, I didn't find Stitch to be that bad. It was no Alien but still provided a good enough experience and added some variety. It's obviously also been very toned down to appeal to kids. I know it was a hated attraction though.

The main issues I see with F&F are:
  1. SCREENZ - It's just more of the same in an already screen heavy park
  2. Awful CGI, seriously some of the worst (This isn't just exclusive to this ride, CGI is ruining a lot of rides, how can BTTF look better and opened almost 30 years ago?)
  3. It's not what was expected for this IP. You can say that the GP won't mind this ride which is fine as they're not into things as much as we are but this is going to be a shock to a lot of people.

So Facebook and twitter is now considered a place for fanboys??!

The twitter announcement of the ride's opening has 64 replies. An insignificant amount of people. The Facebook post has a bunch of comments, but a quick scan shows most of them are not complaints. It also has over 2 thousand "likes", which doesn't read to me as people burning Universal at the stake.

I think you're a bit too desperate for this to be a flop.

Fortunately or Unfortunately depending on how you look at it there seem to be a lot of new cool rides on the horizon for the existing parks and even more importantly the new third gate, so people's anger will turn to excitement and anticipation for what's coming and people won't care as much about replacing this bum ride and it will be 2038 and F&F will become USF's Stitch. (my prediction)

Personally, I didn't find Stitch to be that bad. It was no Alien but still provided a good enough experience and added some variety. It's obviously also been very toned down to appeal to kids. I know it was a hated attraction though.

The main issues I see with F&F are:
  1. SCREENZ - It's just more of the same in an already screen heavy park
  2. Awful CGI, seriously some of the worst (This isn't just exclusive to this ride, CGI is ruining a lot of rides, how can BTTF look better and opened almost 30 years ago?)
  3. It's not what was expected for this IP. You can say that the GP won't mind this ride which is fine as they're not into things as much as we are but this is going to be a shock to a lot of people.
Stitch is easily my favorite Disney character and I hate that attraction. It’s bad. Little kids cry during it.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Fortunately or Unfortunately depending on how you look at it there seem to be a lot of new cool rides on the horizon for the existing parks and even more importantly the new third gate, so people's anger will turn to excitement and anticipation

This is where I'm at. We all knew this was going to be a dud. I've moved onto looking forward to the Potter coaster and the night show.

most folks that are commenting negatively on social media are not what I'd consider the "general public".

The general public don't follow theme park social media accounts, and probably have no idea a Fast and Furious ride just opened, unless they maybe saw a commercial on TV.

Reactions: JungleSkip