Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 334 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too little foot traffic down by the waterfront to make a walk around character worthwhile. Good point about the narrow walkways.

I actually got lost there this year in Jurassic Park. Had exited Kong, passed JPRA (wasn't in the mood to get soaked and that ride always gets me), and walked towards Hogwarts/Forbidden Journey. Took two paths the wrong way and twice ended up in dead ends. Felt more than a little stupid.

If they add another big ride in that area, they are going to need to address the walkways and not just to keep me from getting lost.

Reactions: Andysol
Too little foot traffic down by the waterfront to make a walk around character worthwhile. Good point about the narrow walkways.

The space would be reason enough to put the exisiting Raptor Encounter by the water front, and with appropriate signage and team member presence I don't see why they couldn't draw people down that way for it. Even if it is temporary, as others have indicated.

Edit: don't see the practicality in switching what we already have for the walk-around version.

I actually got lost there this year in Jurassic Park. Had exited Kong, passed JPRA (wasn't in the mood to get soaked and that ride always gets me), and walked towards Hogwarts/Forbidden Journey. Took two paths the wrong way and twice ended up in dead ends. Felt more than a little stupid.

If they add another big ride in that area, they are going to need to address the walkways and not just to keep me from getting lost.
Extra walkways down there have a lot to do with the boat ramp for the old Lagoon boat ride.

Reactions: Andysol and Ryno27

Interestingly enough, that's kind of what they wanted originally with IOA...Narrower walkways with winding hidden paths were an answer to USF's wide open paths

Reactions: Andysol and Ryno27
With the new hogsmead ride we could see the bypass bridge more utilized, hence funneling peeps toward the waterfront below the DC. Should they opt to utilize that flow somehow.

Reactions: Alicia
There's a lot of walk around characters in the Studio park. Somewhat less in IOA, but they're mostly located in MSHI and Seuss Landing.
Yeah, I guess there are a good amount in USF, but those are mostly located in Hollywood and Springfield. NY has the Blues Brothers but that's more of a street show. It has such wide paths, could totally do with some popular characters for M&Gs.

IOA only has characters in MSHI from all I've seen, leaving the rest of the park feeling a bit uninhabited IMO.
Blackstone/GE days...Budgets were cut
:(

Yeah, I guess there are a good amount in USF, but those are mostly located in Hollywood and Springfield. NY has the Blues Brothers but that's more of a street show. It has such wide paths, could totally do with some popular characters for M&Gs.

IOA only has characters in MSHI from all I've seen, leaving the rest of the park feeling a bit uninhabited IMO.

:(
The best character meet and greet in IOA is the Mystic Fountain.

I count Raptor Encounter as meet and greet too. Plus baby Triceratops when it's out.

Really only Hogsmeade doesn't have character meet & greets.

Status
Not open for further replies.