Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was told last year. Then things changed and now JP is getting an upgrade/overhaul. And I would bet money it will be a JW overlay.

So I'm pretty sure JP will be slathered in JW colors and signage, and we get a new attraction.

With no information on the Orlando site, I am betting that Jurassic Park will get a Springfield level transformation, to match Jurassic World in it's design and style. It makes a lot of sense, and would help with the flow of the new attraction coming.

With no information on the Orlando site, I am betting that Jurassic Park will get a Springfield level transformation, to match Jurassic World in it's design and style. It makes a lot of sense, and would help with the flow of the new attraction coming.
So by Springfield level, do you mean we’re keeping the county fair-style games? Those are great for theming :lol:.

You think similar timetable as Hollywood for River makeover -or- do they stagger it out and do Orlando’s update next year?
I have heard the project starts in August, and JPRA will have a 9 month refurb. I don't know if they will take JPRA down right off the bat, or if they will do the 9 month refurb towards the end of the project so that the new JWRA and the new attraction open at the same time.

So by Springfield level, do you mean we’re keeping the county fair-style games? Those are great for theming :lol:.
I am a Hammond Hotshot!

I have heard the project starts in August, and JPRA will have a 9 month refurb. I don't know if they will take JPRA down right off the bat, or if they will do the 9 month refurb towards the end of the project so that the new JWRA and the new attraction open at the same time.
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Think, more like if they gave as much attention to Detail similar in Springfield Hollywood, but applied into redoing the bulk of Jurassic Park to become more like Jurassic World.

Or, if that doesn't make sense and you need something more sensical, a rebuild of area design.

If it is timed to all finish together Universal can roll out the introduction of an entire "new" land.

Pretty sure that's the plan.

"Ride the Raptor Rail at the new Jurassic World in Universal's Islands of Adventure Theme Park. Coming Summer 2020!"
If this is the plan then it makes sense to wait on the JPRA refurb until next year. Jurassic Park won't be much of a land during this. Waiting for next year they'll have the new Potter coaster open to help with the crowds.

Reactions: Jones14 and Mike S
If we are to believe they will turn JP into JW (as a land), would they leave the Discovery Center as is or attempt to make it look like the the Innovation Center from the JW film?

A business reason JW should not be the asthetic cover of any enhancements is it does not sell as well. JP is cross generational, we don't know how the bandwagon nostalgia of JW will last and frankly, it does not sell as much.

I can walk into a walmart, target, Kohls and find more Jurassic Park T-shirts and apparel than I would JW. There are spurts as the new movie is released for toys like for the first JW but even at Universal you still see Jurassic Park selling more merch.

Isla Adventura is the original park opening in the world of JP films anyway. Not that anyone notices that anymore.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
A business reason JW should not be the asthetic cover of any enhancements is it does not sell as well. JP is cross generational, we don't know how the bandwagon nostalgia of JW will last and frankly, it does not sell as much.

I can walk into a walmart, target, Kohls and find more Jurassic Park T-shirts and apparel than I would JW. There are spurts as the new movie is released for toys like for the first JW but even at Universal you still see Jurassic Park selling more merch.

Isla Adventura is the original park opening in the world of JP films anyway. Not that anyone notices that anymore.
You make a great case.

For the temporary Raptor Encounter do we think they will have a free standing Raptor like in Hollywood or one in a cage like Singapore?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 18
  • maxresdefault-1.jpg
    maxresdefault-1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.