Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 336 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic posted 1301 as project #, this said 791.
Read this post, quoted below:

Here's something that could be interesting...

Last week, a Demolition permit was filed with the City of Orlando (Project 791). Details were scarce so I didn't want to post anything yet, as I don't like speculating on just a project number. Then, yesterday, two new Project 791 permits were filed - an engineering permit (which is also for the demolition) and a building permit for a fence. I still didn't have any specific details though, like project size, or even what park the project was for.

qGbZsm7.png

nmQCcau.png

Q4uQI5n.png

Fast forward to about 3 hours ago, when a new SFWMD permit popped up - for Project 971? For those who might not remember, Project 971 was the project number for the Simpsons mini-land they added to USF back in 2013. Weird that they would be filing a new permit for that. But after some digging, I believe it was a simple typo/mix-up, because all the supporting documentation for this new filing references Islands of Adventure:

yncYNua.png

The demolition is for a total of 1.36 acres within IOA. Unfortunately, there is no exact location available yet... but, with help from the project description, we can make a very educated guess on where it will be:

So we're looking for 1.36 acres with several small to medium sized structures. The fact that I'm posting this in this JP thread kind of ruins any element of surprise here, but it just so happens that the former Triceratops Encounter plot of land is roughly 1.36 acres in size:

JCgrwQT.jpg

Again, this is mostly still speculative... All we can really gather from these permits is there's a 1.36 acre demolition project about to start in IOA and they probably made a typo when filing with the SFWMD... But combining that with the whispers from the insiders about a new JP coaster really makes this seem likely.

Reactions: Ridgepole
I took a look on Google maps of the area surrounding the Discovery Center. The waterfront area and the area towards Hogsmeade combined is actually bigger than the trike encounter plot. Add in the trike area and the Discovery Center and you have enough space for a big E-ticket attraction. Not going to happen, but there is a potential.

As it is there is plenty of space to build a really good new permanent Raptor Encounter area.

I think someone may have answered this already, but are all the gas torches in Camp Jurassic now swapped out for those crappy amber bulbs? And is this a permanent change? My girlfriend and I were there last week and I was so excited to show her how cool that area looks with the torches lit. Lo and behold, we have this sub-par substitution now. Still a gorgeous area with the lighting effects, but it really diminishes the full experience without those torches.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think someone may have answered this already, but are all the gas torches in Camp Jurassic now swapped out for those crappy amber bulbs? And is this a permanent change? My girlfriend and I were there last week and I was so excited to show her how cool that area looks with the torches lit. Lo and behold, we have this sub-par substitution now. Still a gorgeous area with the lighting effects, but it really diminishes the full experience without those torches.
That's depressing.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Not going to get in an argument about why I don't like JW coming into the park as I do wanna say that I support any development that could lead to new attractions, however I just don't understand why it has to be done. What I dislike about JW is that it doesn't feel like a sequel at all, but a reboot which is far different. It's a reboot as it tries to replace everything rather than build from what has been built before. Why must Jurassic Park be rethemed to Jurassic World, isn't Jurassic Park still a timeless theme? I think it's relevant. You see more people wearing Jurassic Park shirts than Jurassic World shirts, if that means anything at all. I just feel grey, blue, and that whole "neue industrial chic" look that is portrayed in the aesthetics of Jurassic World feel so stale to me. I want Jurassic Park to upgrade to a better version of itself, but not be replaced by a whole different movie. When I ride JPRA, I don't want to feel like i'm in Jurassic World, I want to feel like i'm in Jurassic Park.

That being said, I'm excited for the roller coaster. I somehow wish it could be like the original Discovery Mountain at Disneyland Paris where the ride moves fast, but still maintains a story. I don't want something that just moves through the course at high speed, but something that has a bit more depth than that. A solid story as well.

That being said, I'm excited for the roller coaster. I somehow wish it could be like the original Discovery Mountain at Disneyland Paris where the ride moves fast, but still maintains a story. I don't want something that just moves through the course at high speed, but something that has a bit more depth than that. A solid story as well.
Someone else was moved by that new Defunctland. ;)

So if it’s just plot, would a coaster be out? Hope so. Needs a dark ride there for sure.
I would not count a coaster out. Permits are for demolition of that plot, but construction could happen anywhere. No reason to think it’d be limited to that space. It’s been mentioned in this thread before that a coaster could travel over paths even.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.